Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#201  Edited By majestic99

@silverman201 said:

@majestic99:

Isn't it that Hulk's strength doesnt just increase with age, its that he can absorb gamma radiation (such as threw a nuclear war) to grow stronger.

Yes. Or pain( can increase his rage which increases his strength).

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202  Edited By majestic99

@The Man of Yesteryear said:

Ok, so their capacity is limitless, but that doesn't make their current strength levels equal.

The question of the thread "Is Hulk stronger than Superman?" implying does Hulk have the capacity to be stronger than Superman? No. Does Superman have the capacity to be stronger than the Hulk? No. Because both possess limitless capacity for strength.

Avatar image for the_man_of_yesteryear
The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@majestic99 said:

Ok, so their capacity is limitless, but that doesn't make their current strength levels equal.

The question of the thread "Is Hulk stronger than Superman?" implying does Hulk have the capacity to be stronger than Superman? No. Does Superman have the capacity to be stronger than the Hulk? No. Because both possess limitless capacity for strength.

Sorry, but this makes no sense. At certain points in time, Superman has been stronger than Hulk and vice versa. Thus, Superman has the capacity, or ability, to become stronger than Hulk and likewise, Hulk has the capacity to become stronger than Superman.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By majestic99

@The Man of Yesteryear: I'm talking about their strength capacity. Not their current level of strength.

Superman's strength capacity( as in how strong one can become) is limitless.

Hulk's strength capacity is limitless.

That's why its equal.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#205  Edited By HolySerpent

The Serpent was here

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By majestic99

@HolySerpent said:

The Serpent was here

lol

juniorA96758

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#207  Edited By juniorA96758

Normally Superman is stronger than Hulk, but Hulk's strength can grow indefinitely.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#208  Edited By Nerx
You might want to be more specific about which versions of each character.
You might want to be more specific about which versions of each character.
silverlord90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By silverlord90

@majestic99 said:

I think that's the best answer i've read.

The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverlord90 said:

@majestic99 said:

It's wrong though :/

silverlord90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By silverlord90

@silverlord90 said:

@majestic99 said:

Not at all... i mean. they are both limitless as far as i know. that's what their Bios says... and wiki and stuff. At first, yeah supes is hella stronger. Like he is at Planet or small Star level, and Hulk is at mountain. Then hulk gets angrier and goes from mountain to continent, then planet, then star... i'll even dare to say skyfather level. Then we have sundip supes.. skyfather as well.

The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverlord90 said:

@silverlord90 said:

@majestic99 said:

Not at all... i mean. they are both limitless as far as i know. that's what their Bios says... and wiki and stuff. At first, yeah supes is hella stronger. Like he is at Planet or small Star level, and Hulk is at mountain. Then hulk gets angrier and goes from mountain to continent, then planet, then star... i'll even dare to say skyfather level. Then we have sundip supes.. skyfather as well.

That does not mean neither has the capacity to be stronger than the other.

Gogotha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By Gogotha

Anyone who has read world war Hulk knows that Hulk can reach a stage where he can beat God! Sorry, Supes strength is finite Hulk has infinite strength. Nuff said!

silverlord90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By silverlord90

@silverlord90 said:

@silverlord90 said:

@majestic99 said:

i didn't said that. i said they are even o__o in strength.

The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverlord90 said:

@silverlord90 said:

@silverlord90 said:

@majestic99 said:

i didn't said that. i said they are even o__o in strength.

You quoted majestic99 and said that's the best answer you've read....

You're correct in that they both have the potential to achieve near limitless strength, but that does not mean they are equals.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#216  Edited By sethysquare
Superman beats Hulk hands down.
Lord_darkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By Lord_darkness

@Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!: yeah

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By majestic99

@silverlord90 said:

You quoted majestic99 and said that's the best answer you've read....

You're correct in that they both have the potential to achieve near limitless strength, but that does not mean they are equals.

It means they're equals in capacity.

m99

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#219  Edited By TDK_1997
No Caption Provided
Henry666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By Henry666

Well, no.. The difference between the two is to great..

It's like saying.. This ant (hulk) when it gets angry it multiplies it strength 10 fold, and the angrier it gets, the stronger it gets..

But superman is like.. an elephant... I mean, the amount of rage Hulk needs to build up to reach Supermans’ level and surpass it is simply impossible.. I mean, how angry can you really get?

And let’s say, superman had the time to wait for hulk to get that angry.. hulk would probably die from a heart attack due to his anger management problems before he even managed get “angry enough”.

So.. no, he’s not stronger than superman.

supermaansito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By supermaansito

@Henry666 said:

Well, no.. The difference between the two is to great..

It's like saying.. This ant (hulk) when it gets angry it multiplies it strength 10 fold, and the angrier it gets, the stronger it gets..

But superman is like.. an elephant... I mean, the amount of rage Hulk needs to build up to reach Supermans’ level and surpass it is simply impossible.. I mean, how angry can you really get?

And let’s say, superman had the time to wait for hulk to get that angry.. hulk would probably die from a heart attack due to his anger management problems before he even managed get “angry enough”.

So.. no, he’s not stronger than superman.

lold

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By z3ro180

i would say yes but also no it really depends i think supes and hulk fought in the 90s marvel vs dc and supes won but only just i colud be wrong though.

Skyfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By Skyfire

Yes and no.

Zdaybreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#224  Edited By Zdaybreak

I find this to be a ridiculous question.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#225  Edited By HolySerpent

No no no and some more no

hulkster_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By hulkster_1

Superman's power comes from the yellow sun. What is the main component in the yellow sun? Unless I am wrong, it is Gamma rays. Therefore it create an abundant possibilities for writers whenever the two of them meet.

Take superman to the crossroads, outside of the yellow sun, would he be still super? Hulk does not have a problem.

Take superman to a place where there is no yellow sun, wherever that place is, in that place hulk does not have a problem.

of course the crappiest stuff can happen to hulk. Hulk can't breathe in space. He needs air Superman can. Superman wins.

Hulk's powerbase is more consistent than superman. It is the greatest mystery in the DC universe how every single super (or not so super) villian manage to buy the kryptonite from some super villian night market somewhere.

Put them in a arm wrestling match, I'll bet my $ that Hulk will win simply because even in the first match (or so I remember) , superman arm got twisted by hulk when he put him in a chokehold or some sort.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By jeanroygrant

Yes.

UNIQUE69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By UNIQUE69

This depends what version of Hulk we're using. world breaker yes because hes strong enough to destroy planets. superman is not.

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By blackadamFTW

@UNIQUE69 said:

This depends what version of Hulk we're using. world breaker yes because hes strong enough to destroy planets. superman is not.

Have you ever read a comic? Superman is a planet buster. He's flown through planets before, not even phasing him.

Supes is stronger. Even when Hulk is at his strongest, he's still only as strong as Superman.

YoggSaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By YoggSaron

@hulkster_1 said:

Superman's power comes from the yellow sun. What is the main component in the yellow sun? Unless I am wrong, it is Gamma rays. Therefore it create an abundant possibilities for writers whenever the two of them meet.

The Sun does not emit gamma radiation. While it does produce it through nuclear fusion, the gamma rays do not reach the Sun's surface.

Take superman to the crossroads, outside of the yellow sun, would he be still super? Hulk does not have a problem.

Yes, he would still be super. Superman stores solar radiation in his cells. He does not need to be in the vicinity of a yellow, blue, orange, or white star to maintain his abilities.

Hulk's powerbase is more consistent than superman. It is the greatest mystery in the DC universe how every single super (or not so super) villian manage to buy the kryptonite from some super villian night market somewhere

Except this isn't true, and hasn't been so since Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Put them in a arm wrestling match, I'll bet my $ that Hulk will win simply because even in the first match (or so I remember) , superman arm got twisted by hulk when he put him in a chokehold or some sort.

I wouldn't throw away my money on Hulk. Superman would essentially be arm wrestling a statue because of his vastly superior speed, not allowing Hulk to really apply any resistance.

YoggSaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By YoggSaron

World Breaker is probably around Superman's level, but that is the highest level of strength the Hulk has ever achieved, and it's certainly not power he has on a consistent basis. Therefore, no, Hulk is not stronger than Superman.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By evilvegeta74

All I have to say is the Hulk's strength is infinite,and the madder he gets, you all know the rest of that line!

walmartian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By walmartian

@EVIL_TERMINATOR666: yea regarding hulk in space

i have a few books when he can't last without a source of air

but i have had people tell me he can survive in space without it

so which is it exactly?

i think superman could just take him out into space and fly the green bastard into the sun

Jonesio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By Jonesio

Superman; in almost any given situation

Enosisik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By Enosisik

Hulk doesn't even need to breath in space at WWH level which was shown. If Hulk is in DC then Hulk is as strong as Doomsday who is stronger than Superman. If Superman is in Marvel he's as string as Herc,Thor,Hull,Sentry ect. Dc and Marvel use a different power rating in case no one knew lol.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#236  Edited By AssertingValor

No again.......

Jonesio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By Jonesio

@Enosisik: @Enosisik said:

Hulk doesn't even need to breath in space at WWH level which was shown.

If Hulk is in DC then Hulk is as strong as Doomsday who is stronger than Superman. If Superman is in Marvel he's as string as Herc,Thor,Hull,Sentry ect.

Dc and Marvel use a different power rating in case no one knew lol.

That is hilarious! Why is hulk the same as doomsday?!

Also, I'm pretty sure the strongest incarnation of supes is stronger than all of them (apart from maybe Sentry).

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By 80sBaby

@blackadamFTW: Superman's never flown through a planet. As for the question, as others have said, the answer is "yes and no."

Enosisik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By Enosisik

"Apart from Sentry" and you call my post hilarious ... Because Hulk and Doomsday are most often put together as counter parts by fans and even during the Marvel vs Dc crossover. If Marvel and Dc joined as one company today Hulk would need to maintain his gimmick as strongest one there is so he would naturally be right around the same level of Supe and Doomsday. Yeah I know all about Super extra duper superman all all those dumb variations that DC keeps using to make Supe even more needlessly overpowered but we are going by the day to day superman here. Being that comics are fake and writers can do what they want , I'm sure Hulk would also have a super extra duper world war hulk version to battle the extra super duper super Superman.

Ganseki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By Ganseki

Superman is stronger than hulk at first. But if superman keeps putting hulk in great pain hulk's anger proportion will increase and eventually he will become stronger and more powerful than superman. So I would give it to the hulk. Lol!!

CodyDuncan2938

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By CodyDuncan2938

hulk is the strongest!!!!!!!! alike superman but the real powerful is Galactus

Avatar image for cannotspellmyname
CannotSpellMyName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman compared to the Hulk at base strength is basically like comparing a human to a fly, HOWEVER the Hulk does have the potential to reach any strength level Superman could ever reach and perhaps beyond. The worst thing Superman could do if he faced the Hulk in battle would be to engage him in physical combat because the more damage the Hulk takes the faster his strength will grow (I don't know if most people here consider crossovers canon or not, but in one issue when he knocked Professor Hulk out - i.e. one of the WEAKEST Hulk incarnations - he stated himself that it took him all his power to do so and it still only rendered the Hulk unconscious). There is plenty of space for both these characters so no hating, ok?

comicsanity016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By comicsanity016

Hulk is definitely stronger, no questions asked. The angrier he gets, the stronger he gets.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#244  Edited By PowerHerc

Nope. No way.

Superman is stronger than the angriest Hulk possible.

If the Hulk wants to stay "The Strongest One There Is" he needs to stay out of the DC Universe.

Vilai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By Vilai

I would go with superman... if hulk has no limit to his power as he gets angrier i have two counters to that:

1. If they fought for a long time a day or so, Hulk will continue to get stronger, but Hulk is human... so i think he would get hungry, and how many people can fight at their best aor be angry when they're angry?

2. If superman was fighting Hulk and was carrying a puppy in one hand, how angry could Hulk get seeing a puppy in his opponents hand? highly doubt you can be mad when you see a puppy...

LOL just some comical relief lol

DrEgonSpengler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By DrEgonSpengler

Superman is stronger. Plus there is a limit to how angery a person can get. So Hulk would have a limit to his strength.

ripcurl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#247  Edited By ripcurl

The Hulk has no upper limit. When Banner was re-powered after the fight with the Intelligencia, Reed Richards said he was shifting the continental plates just walking around.

And I know, DC fans love to mention how Superman, Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter literally "towed" the earth, but that's from a very old issue, and a ridiculous feat as well. Short answer is, depends on who's writing them.

DrEgonSpengler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By DrEgonSpengler

Hulk has a limit, because there is a point where he cant get any madder.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#250  Edited By BatWatch

Hmmm. The greatest Hulk strength feat I know of is when he held together the tectonic plates of a planet. The greatest strength feat I know for Superman is him pushing a planet from its orbit. I have no idea how to even quantify those types of strength.