#1 Edited by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

Greetings. Someone on the comments on Random Guy's vids are saying that Superman is a Step-Ford Smiler.

For those of you who don't know what that is, here's a link to the TV Tropes page:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StepfordSmiler

I have the sense that this is a fairly negative connotation, and am wondering what the people of this forum think about the matter.

#2 Edited by UltimateSMfan (1416 posts) - - Show Bio

Absolutely no way!! whoever made that comment hasn't ever read a comic or if so they don't know supes at all!! Hate those ppl, ignorant ppl who then dis on the character....stupid.

#3 Posted by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

Absolutely no way!! whoever made that comment hasn't ever read a comic or if so they don't know supes at all!! Hate those ppl, ignorant ppl who then dis on the character....stupid.

Why do you feel that way?

#4 Posted by consolemaster001 (5569 posts) - - Show Bio

i do not get it

#5 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1416 posts) - - Show Bio

@hewhosees:im just tired of the superman hate and eagerly awaiting june...plus anyone who knows the character knows he doesnt put on a fake smile...a secret id maybe to have a normal life n protect his loved ones but hes not suffering inside,he's not hiding sum crazy tendencies,especially with the new 52 superman, who literally tells the government to shove it, he's totally open n upfront abt stuff n if he was empty and motiveless,he wldnt be superman...so ya i dont think stepford smiler is even applicable to superman.