Is Superman A Planet Buster?

GoldenOozaru22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Has Superman Ever Blown Up A Planet? If so, how many, how big we're they, and how did he do it?

Need evidence please, thanks!

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Avatar image for wishiwassuperman
WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It's more of an inferred power level when most people talk about him being a planet buster.

For example the scan of him doing the "bench press the Earth for 5 days" will be used to argue that N52 Superman is clearly strong enough to do so, despite never actually hitting anyone strong enough or physically doing it (unless we assume the hits he landed on H'el are strong enough).

I think the closest actual feat would be SA Superman sneezing away a solar system but technically that isn't "planet busting" either.

I would point out though that I can't imagine why a hero would be destroying a planet... What purpose would it serve?

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Fallschirmjager

It's more of an inferred power level when most people talk about him being a planet buster.

For example the scan of him doing the "bench press the Earth for 5 days" will be used to argue that N52 Superman is clearly strong enough to do so, despite never actually hitting anyone strong enough or physically doing it (unless we assume the hits he landed on H'el are strong enough).

I think the closest actual feat would be SA Superman sneezing away a solar system but technically that isn't "planet busting" either.

I would point out though that I can't imagine why a hero would be destroying a planet... What purpose would it serve?

Its so we nerds can argue about him fighting hypothetically battles on teh interwebs :)

Other than that...no purposes.

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure he can fly through a planet's core and destroy it that way.

Avatar image for thewhitelantern
TheWhiteLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think when he said "I feel like I live in a world made of cardboard." In the end of JLU applies to most superman stories, and most battles he's been in (with a few exceptions). So yeah he could "bust a planet" if he wanted to.. but when is he going to want to?

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

In the past, yes. In the new 52? Well not yet. I wouldnt say benching the planet means you can blow it up.. blow holes straight through it sure, but not actually break it apart.

prinplup45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruxae said:

In the past, yes. In the new 52? Well not yet. I wouldnt say benching the planet means you can blow it up.. blow holes straight through it sure, but not actually break it apart.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm.sure all versions could

GoldenOozaru22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, he has not destroyed a planet? So technically you cannot call him a planet buster unless he does so. Is the sneezing a galaxy away the only thing that came close to him destorying a planet? Also, his powers were enchanced by some magical dust, so technically that was not his true power. And we're those planets destroyed when he sneezed or just blown away?

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By Fallschirmjager

So, he has not destroyed a planet? So technically you cannot call him a planet buster unless he does so. Is the sneezing a galaxy away the only thing that came close to him destorying a planet? Also, his powers were enchanced by some magical dust, so technically that was not his true power. And we're those planets destroyed when he sneezed or just blown away?

https://www.google.com/search?q=superman+destroying+a+planet&oq=superman+destroying+a+planet&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l3.3779j0j7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

GoldenOozaru22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By GoldenOozaru22

@fallschirmjager: I'm having trouble with what you posted...lol. It doesnt answer my questions guy! That's just a google searh. Maybe point me to the exact site instead of multiple , I've googled it before , and couldn't find what I wanted to know so thats why I am asking all the knowledgable comic fans! I'm sure there are hundreds of people on this site who could!

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's a Planet buster in the sense that he can break apart a planet with his bare hands, he could probably even use the infinite mass punch to take out one. He,isn't a wis machine like WB hulk who punches a planet and it explodes. Superman #17 new 52 Superman punches H'el so hard the planet quakes and it can be felt in the watchtower......imagine if that force was directed at the planet.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why people car about superman destroy planet?superman never to do that,he was hero,yes,he can but why he need do it?just show let some fanboys happy?

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why people car about superman destroy planet?superman never to do that,he was hero,yes,he can but why he need do it?just show let some fanboys happy?

I agree. Thats Marvels area of expertise. They blow up planets just for the hell of it lol

asIsuspected

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By asIsuspected

@wishiwassuperman said:

Its so we nerds can argue about him fighting hypothetically battles on teh interwebs :)

Other than that...no purposes.

lol))) precisely......

Gokufan4250697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Gokufan4250697

Yes, yes, yes, yes, this is a weird weird weird question, go watch Superman, he's a S.S buster.

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

He's never done it but then again very few DC characters have done it. Idk.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Bezza

Didn't he try and bust the moon and knock himself out or something?

Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

Didn't he try and bust the moon and knock himself out or something?

No Caption Provided

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza:

Which totally sucks IMHO.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pperspectiveandreality:

Yeah I guess so, although would you really want Superman to be busting planets, given his good guy ethos?

CairoV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CairoV
No Caption Provided

He blows up a solar system by sneezing, why wouldn't he be able to destroy a planet?

Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza:

I'd like it if we had some confirmation that he could. But yeah you're right. I don't want him to do it, I just want to know he can lol

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ThEBeStOfTheBeST

No, he's not Goku.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By renamed040924

Hell no. You think this boyscout is Goku or something? lol

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He tore a replica of earth in his battle with Zod, the shockwave of his punches were doing the trick.

Avatar image for theamazingbatman760
TheAmazingBatman760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes he is.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe this article explains it all pretty well:

http://www.screwattack.com/news/superman-super-underestimated-kryptonian-problem

Read it, and you'll have your answer. And maybe some more.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes he is

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee9c4453cde7
deactivated-5ee9c4453cde7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pperspectiveandreality:

@bezza:

some conetext for that feat: the shadow moon was travelling at massively hypersonic speeds and had enough kinetic energy to destroy the entire planet and more. John Stewart actually measure its velocity and this link calculates the feat to be enough to bust the Earth hundreds of times over:

http://screwattack.roosterteeth.com/post/51230559

It also debunks some other misconceptions and shows other planet busting feats. One it didn’t include was another feat where he defeated the Galactic Golem by destroying several of the planets inside of it.

It ultimately depends on the writer but Superman IS a planet buster and more even without a sun dip.

Avatar image for deactivated-62aed861cc7ee
deactivated-62aed861cc7ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He isn't.