Is smallville worth the watch?

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Is smallville worth the watch? (67 votes)

Yes 49%
No 19%
Kind of 31%
 • 
Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Eh

Mr_Holmes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It really depends on your tastes. Just sample some episodes and see for yourself. I enjoyed bits of the show, but I would never be able to defend the quality of the writing, etc.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Bruxae

Yes, I loved it.

If nothing else watch a few episodes, if it seems worth it a whole season and decide then.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

I'm not a fan but I know some are so I recommend you at least give it a try :)

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Here's my recommendation: Watch the first two seasons. These two seasons, why formulaic and somewhat generic, did manage to showcase a growing yet happy Superman who had a healthy relationship with family and friends, and spent his days coping with teenage life in Smallville. Tom Welling plays a relatively likeable Clark, and Michael Rosenbaum as Luthor is the show's highlight.

Starting with Season 3 however, the show started to lose its momentum. Seeds for storylines would be planted and never followed up, loose ends were not tied up. And the show started to run out of interesting episodes, resorting to some of the most long-winded plots, batsh!t nuts ideas, and boring characters. After S2, you should only watch the few Justice League eps that are worth watching (Justice, Absolute Justice, Legion) and then leave it at that. Even the finale with Welling as Superman was a cop-out...

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I really liked it, for whatever reason.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

It was alright

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I liked it. There are some seasons that are average at best however they have some good episodes. Everyone has their preference to what they like and don't like. I can imagine people saying this is "alright" and "it's not that good" to be people that like Twilight. My opinion is I think you should try it out for yourself. Then you can tell us if it is good.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love it! But seasons 4 and 10 weren't that great...

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks everyone, for your opinions

Avatar image for teamunitednerds
TeamUnitedNerds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I've seen the episodes, it's not that great. It has some good episodes, but overall, it just doesn't do anything for me.

coolguyr99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, it is very boring.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I heavily enjoyed it. The Luthors, Green Arrow, and Pa Kent were my favorite things about it. It does have several moments that can come off as just downright terrible, but even in those times, I was still having fun.

Avatar image for ellie_knightfall
Ellie_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ellie_Knightfall

Yes.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When its good it really good when its bad it hell freezing over horrible. There is no middle middle ground it either good or bad. Green arrow is just boring all the way through it and the end of the show is just plain awful.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I still haven't finished the show but from what I have watched I enjoyed it.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

I'm not a fan but I know some are so I recommend you at least give it a try :)

ALFMutant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ALFMutant

You can't resume ten years of a show in one word. With more than 200 episodes, there is surely some you will love and some you will hate. I remember preferring the third and fourth seasons and the worst being seasons 8 and 10.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a fan personally. Some people think it's odd since I love Supes so much, but IMO it's a classic CW/WB teen-drama, not a show about Superman.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ssejllenrad

First seasons? Yes. Latter seasons? Hells naw!!!! It should not have gone to Metropolis and given us that stupid *ss "blur"... Ughh!

Suprman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21  Edited By Suprman

Smallville, to me at least, is one of those shows that when's it's bad, it's REALLY bad, but when it's good, it is REALLY good. My favorite seasons are 1, 2, 5 and 9.

NaffyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would probably be with the majority in this thread. First 3 seasons are good (1 and 2 are great). Sooner or later Lana becomes annoying, Kristen Kreuk is a horrible actress and the character really holds back Clark in a huge way. Seasons 6 and 7 are probably the worst of the whole series, but there are a few episodes that will still make you smile.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

I would say so if you don't mind the lore being tossed around every now and then. It's enjoyable to say the least.

Avatar image for manhunter_prime
Manhunter_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are some inexplicable writing hiccups and lackluster sequences, but there are some good parts. It's a nice interpretation, and it has some pretty cool moments. Worth watching, but don't get discouraged when something retarded happens... it will get better again. Finale was a letdown though.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed a lot of things about Smallville, especially Erica Durance. It explored a lot of different things and was a great venue to introduce new characters. The unseemly friendship between Clark and Oliver Queen was really well done. I think the good things that came from the show out weigh anything else.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By Deranged Midget

@lilben42: Hey mate, everyone has their own opinion! Some might enjoy the show, some might not. It's entirely up to that individual :)

FlashKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 19

So I have never really been a fan of Superman. I thought he was incredibly lame because he was super-powered with everything, and seeing him look stupid sometimes next to Batman just pushed me away even furthur. I was like, how lame. But, since my favorite show airing is CW's Arrow, I decided to give Smallville a shot last week. I am glad I did, cause I am now off the Superman hater bandwagon :D

I think Clark and his parents, as well as Lex, are done incredibly well. I am currently heading to the end of Season 1 (should have more time over summer, in college right now), and I must say I am extremely enjoying the show. Not as good as Arrow, but if you are a fan of comic book characters, it is a must watch. I actually enjoy the character of Superman now (never thought I'd say that).

Hope that helped :D

JShiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By JShiv

It's enjoyable, it's worth watching.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark was Likeable, but a bit full of himself towards the end when he was trying to get he friends in check.

@veshark said:

Here's my recommendation: Watch the first two seasons. These two seasons, why formulaic and somewhat generic, did manage to showcase a growing yet happy Superman who had a healthy relationship with family and friends, and spent his days coping with teenage life in Smallville. Tom Welling plays a relatively likeable Clark, and Michael Rosenbaum as Luthor is the show's highlight.

Starting with Season 3 however, the show started to lose its momentum. Seeds for storylines would be planted and never followed up, loose ends were not tied up. And the show started to run out of interesting episodes, resorting to some of the most long-winded plots, batsh!t nuts ideas, and boring characters. After S2, you should only watch the few Justice League eps that are worth watching (Justice, Absolute Justice, Legion) and then leave it at that. Even the finale with Welling as Superman was a cop-out...

There was a lot of build-ups to nothing, like the Doomsday fight, the Zod fights, Darksied fight, all anticlimactic.... Clark learning to flight for 10 seasons and resorting to a CGI rending of Superman in the suit was an insult to fans everywhere. The No Batman/Wonder Women/Green Lantern restriction didn't help either.

mpierce2690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am a huge fan of Smallville, own the DVD set and have seen the whole series at least twice and about half the episodes many times.

The truth is, if you sliced and diced the series, you'd have five excellent seasons. And an extremely good Superman Origin story. Lois Lane was absolutely perfect, and the Lex/Clark dynamic was fantastic. It also introduced a ton of DC characters, which made it worth watching all on it's own. Seasons 4, 8, 9, and 10 are excellent. Seasons 1, 5, and 7 were pretty solid, while 2, 3, and 6 drag on a little too much.

Personally, I'd definitely watch it. It's not a perfect Superman story, and you'll have to treat it as it's own continuity, but it's definitely worth watching in my opinion.

FlashKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 19

One thing I will never get is why they had Clark wanting to make out with every girl he met. Clark Kent is supposed to be a nerd not some woman attractor.

Typ33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to watch it in the start but with time it felt like every single season and episode was the same.

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first five seasons are good. After that...well...