• 70 results
Posted by Cara_Hunter (3687 posts) 11 months, 10 days ago

Poll: If you had Superman's powers for a week would you use it for Good or Bad? (44 votes)

Yes 43%
No 9%
Both 48%

You just figured out your parents adopted you and you're actually a Kryptonian the same day you realize your one you also achieve high Kryptonian Power status relative to your age

(30+ Males= Silver Age Superman)

(18-20 Males=New-52 Superman)

(10-17 Males=New 52 Superboy)

(18-20 Females=Pre 52 Powergirl)

(10-17 Females=Pre 52 Supergirl)

with you're new found powers you decide you want to use them however after one week (you know this) you're powers will be gone and everything that happened that week will be wiped away from every bodies memories (tech storage about what happened that week will also be deleted) except yours.

#1 Posted by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

What are your parameters for good and bad?

#2 Edited by Cara_Hunter (3687 posts) - - Show Bio

@hewhosees: Use the Fall Out Karma system or Saints Row Karma system for a gauge :P

#3 Posted by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

@hewhosees: Use the Fall Out Karma system or Saints Row Karma system for a gauge :P

Since I'm 19, do I have any super intelligence?

#4 Posted by Cara_Hunter (3687 posts) - - Show Bio

@cara_hunter said:

Yes, New-52 Superman is a genius!

He read through every medical book in the Metropolis Library (practically instantly understanding all of it) and preformed surgery on Lois not to mention it was stated he had intelligence to rival Einstein

#5 Posted by Skulexander (102 posts) - - Show Bio

I would use them for personal gain. Not by going out of my way to cause detriment to the lives of others, but honestly, I'd use it for me.

#6 Posted by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

@hewhosees said:

@cara_hunter said:

Yes, New-52 Superman is a genius!

He read through every medical book in the Metropolis Library (practically instantly understanding all of it) and preformed surgery on Lois not to mention it was stated he had intelligence to rival Einstein

Cool! Than I'd spend that time using my super-intelligence to build a machine that would allow me to dominate the minds of humanity and neurally resocialize every atheist, agnostic, secular humanist, incest supporter, rapist, general criminal, and LGBT member I can into people I can actually stand to be around and remove the ideas that lead to those kinds of fuckwits from the collective human consciousness.

In other words, a closer to perfect, but not completely perfect, world.

If I had time, I'd also patrol the world and help people without hesitation, since I know the people I'd be helping would likely be better than those people I mentioned.

#7 Posted by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

I would use them for personal gain. Not by going out of my way to cause detriment to the lives of others, but honestly, I'd use it for me.

Than you admit you're scum then?

#8 Posted by Cara_Hunter (3687 posts) - - Show Bio

@hewhosees: what would you do after the week passed? (remember everybody except you will know what you did after the week is over)

#9 Posted by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

@hewhosees: what would you do after the week passed? (remember everybody except you will know what you did after the week is over)

I'd sleep a little bit better at night if things returned to the way they were. I'd sleep a little bit better a little more if things remained as they were but no one knows what I did.

If I still had the mental dominator or knew how to make it afterwards, I'd hold onto it but would put it in a secure location just in case I ever need to use it again to keep the world as I would like it kept.

#10 Posted by Cara_Hunter (3687 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by dbatdog (533 posts) - - Show Bio

world domination...for at least a week...

#12 Posted by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

@dbatdog said:

world domination...for at least a week...

What kind of domination and what would your policies be?

#13 Posted by Joygirl (18892 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to point out that yes/no and good/bad are not synonymous with each other. Also I'd be evil. Probably rob a ton of banks while using my speed so make sure I wasn't caught. Then sit back for the rest of my life and enjoy.

#14 Posted by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

I'd like to point out that yes/no and good/bad are not synonymous with each other. Also I'd be evil. Probably rob a ton of banks while using my speed so make sure I wasn't caught. Then sit back for the rest of my life and enjoy.

So, you admit you're scum?

#15 Posted by JetiiMitra (8223 posts) - - Show Bio

Good, with a bit of personal investment. I might indulge in some bad stuff. Put a dog in a tree or something. But overall, good.

#16 Posted by Joygirl (18892 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Edited by PowerWoman (3339 posts) - - Show Bio

Why no Silver age supergirl?

#18 Edited by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

@hewhosees: Eh I'll justify it somehow. :P

How can you justify robbing banks, taking people's hard earned money, and living off it for the rest of your life when you can do so much more?

And if you're going to say like "Bernie Maddoff" or like any high level businessman or embezzling politician, ESPECIALLY when you have the opportunity to do so much more with your power, than I think you answered my question quite clearly.

#19 Posted by Cara_Hunter (3687 posts) - - Show Bio

Why no Silver age supergirl?

Cause I can't edit the OP anymore and I forgot to add her :P

#20 Posted by PowerWoman (3339 posts) - - Show Bio

@cara_hunter: Ok..I just like Silver age supergirl......she not weaker than superman,she was smart and Not so much nonsense

#21 Edited by Cara_Hunter (3687 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: what could silver age power girl do again?

#22 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

i'd be good guy.

#23 Posted by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by syoungkeezy (81 posts) - - Show Bio

i would use my abilities to take control of the secret societies and rule the world from the Shadows

my word would be law

i would be known as the man in the sky

#25 Posted by PowerWoman (3339 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

i would use my abilities to take control of the secret societies and rule the world from the Shadows

my word would be law

i would be known as the man in the sky

And what would you actually DO?

#27 Edited by ARMIV2 (8306 posts) - - Show Bio

...I would try to be good, as in I wouldn't try to loose my temper or something and misuse my powers in a fit of something stupid. I'd probably try and stop some stuff internationally to avoid that.

#28 Edited by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

@armiv2 said:

...I would try to be good, as in I wouldn't try to loose my temper or something and misuse my powers in a fit of something stupid. I'd probably try and stop some stuff internationally to avoid that.

Like Scandinavian fuckwit parents using the word "Xe" to refer to their children instead of him or her no doubt fucking them all up beyond repair when they get older?

#29 Edited by Fallschirmjager (15388 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes/No =/= Good/Bad...?

Anyway...if I could move as fast as Supes, I'd use it to get rich through various means. I don't claim to be a saint and I have no interest being one. I wouldn't go out of my way to hurt people but I like money.

If I still had time, I'd probably out in space as far as I could go until I only had minimal time to get back to Earth or went too far out of the sun's energy.

#30 Posted by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes/No =/= Good/Bad...?

Anyway...if I could move as fast as Supes, I'd use it to get rich through various means. I don't claim to be a saint and I have no interest being one. I wouldn't go out of my way to hurt people but I like money.

So, you admit you're scum then?

#31 Edited by Fallschirmjager (15388 posts) - - Show Bio

@hewhosees: I admit if I could steal the money I wanted without anyone ever knowing about it, I would do it. Anyone who claims they wouldn't do it for an X amount of money is lying.

Its just a matter of how much before you'd do it.

#32 Posted by saoakden (1026 posts) - - Show Bio

I would first use the powers to save money on a plane ticket and see my friend that lives out of state then do some good with them.

#33 Edited by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

@hewhosees: I admit if I could steal the money I wanted without anyone ever knowing about it, I would do it. Anyone who claims they wouldn't do it for an X amount of money is lying.

Its just a matter of how much before you'd do it.

So, you admit to stealing money even though with your power, you could do SO much more for others? With ALL of the option available to you, you'd choice short term financial gain disguised as long term financial gain and live with yourself being such a colossal waster of potential.

In other words, you answered yes to my question, right?

#34 Posted by PowerWoman (3339 posts) - - Show Bio

For bad?that really Interested,if I have Silver age Supergirl all of powers,i would be pulls on of SA Superman's tricks and sneezes out the solar system,show all of human,tell them I am the Goddess,I will rule over earth!

though a joke

#35 Posted by toplel (815 posts) - - Show Bio

Id become Batman.

#36 Posted by Cara_Hunter (3687 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by Saren (25337 posts) - - Show Bio

Lotta bad stuff would happen, basically

#38 Posted by Fan_Not_Fanboy (84 posts) - - Show Bio

I would use my powers for bad because there is nobody who can stop and if you using them for good it would be too easy unless you had a villain to deal with. Also being good is too boring

#39 Posted by ARMIV2 (8306 posts) - - Show Bio

@armiv2 said:

Like Scandinavian fuckwit parents using the word "Xe" to refer to their children instead of him or her no doubt fucking them all up beyond repair when they get older?

I'm sure that'd be on my list somewhere. Probably after North Korea.

#40 Posted by Kellerman (50 posts) - - Show Bio

Id be a good guy but I would execute the scum of the earth, such as the pedo's,rapist's, and murderers. Probably throw them to the sun or Saturn. Depends how I feel that day, if I'm generous or not.

#41 Posted by Cara_Hunter (3687 posts) - - Show Bio

p.s:

Good = Yes.

Bad = No.

#42 Posted by syoungkeezy (81 posts) - - Show Bio

@hewhosees: go to third world countries and solve their problems while at the same time building an army suing those people

#43 Posted by CairoV (242 posts) - - Show Bio

Steal as much money/gold/diamonds as possible.

#44 Posted by Tohoma (1380 posts) - - Show Bio

Go to every library I can and read the fuck out of those books. Hopefully I'll retain the information after the week is done.

#45 Posted by IrishX (2328 posts) - - Show Bio

At first I thought both. But then I was thinking that maybe I would just explore the universe instead. After reading this thread though I've decided I would use that week to slap around hewhosees for thinking it's ok to call people scum and sling insults here.

#46 Posted by Squalleon (4226 posts) - - Show Bio

Good. Although i would do it under the radar. I would try to get as much knowledge as I can to be able to help even when i lose my powers. Then i would travel, see the world outside of our reach.
I can still use my powers for my gain without stealing.
Ex. Make my own diamonds by squezing coal like superman did.

#47 Edited by batmannflash (6192 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol. Those poll options.

Anyways, I choose good. I'm too much of a nice guy (or a wimp) to hurt someone or steal or do anything bad haha

#48 Edited by SuperEnd (89 posts) - - Show Bio

I would do good deeds, and help people, fight agianst crime etc.

But then before the end of the day i will snatch a certain celebrity, and fly them off to an issolated Island. Thats what you get for not retweeting my tweets! HAhhahaaha!

I choose both

#49 Posted by DrunkVader (794 posts) - - Show Bio

Would I use it for good or bad yes or no HOW THE F**K DO I ANSWER THIS?

#50 Posted by Dayvid3 (807 posts) - - Show Bio

Same here