#1 Posted by WWQ7 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

Would he still be the most popular comic book character and who would his enemies be?

#2 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

Unfortunately he isn't the most popular, that title currently belongs to Batman.

#3 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6151 posts) - - Show Bio

Unfortunately he isn't the most popular, that title currently belongs to Batman.

Going by solo sales figures, there seems to be several characters more popular than him.

#4 Edited by lightsout (1823 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb said:

Going by solo sales figures, there seems to be several characters more popular than him.

I think we'd have to include merchandising as well (clothing, etc). (Although Batman would still top him).

I think he'd still be very popular, though Spiderman already embodies a lot of the morals/ideals Superman does, so there would be some "competition" between them in that way. Marvel has great writers & characters so I don't see why Superman couldn't be a highly successful character under their branding as well.

#5 Posted by Teerack (5423 posts) - - Show Bio

He'd go by Hyperion and look like this.

#6 Posted by Xorion (439 posts) - - Show Bio

he would have a major story arc in which his powers would reduces cause marvel doesn't like god like characters as it should

#7 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6151 posts) - - Show Bio

@lightsout: That's true. It'd take a lot of different factors to work out an exact popularity chart.

#8 Posted by Akindoodle (981 posts) - - Show Bio

He'd have schizophrenia or a "dark side"

#9 Posted by JonSmith (3990 posts) - - Show Bio

You ever heard of Omni-Man? I'd like to think he'd be kind of like that.

#10 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

There's a lot of variables to consider here besides if Marvel was the publisher. I think if the date of his debut changes as well, then there would be considerable differences, perhaps he would have never had radio and movie serials that helped him settle into the pop culture consciousness during that early era.

Perhaps even Batman never exists because Superman isn't there to start the Superhero phenomenon? . . . interesting.

#11 Posted by Z3RO180 (6337 posts) - - Show Bio

If superman was a marvel character I don't think they would do much with him if he was on earth so if it where up to me I would make him a cosmic hero maybe team him up with the GotG

#12 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (11148 posts) - - Show Bio

The first thing they would do is eliminate the cape :-(

#13 Edited by lightsout (1823 posts) - - Show Bio

LALALALALA! I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

#14 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11148 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee said:

LALALALALA! I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

I don't want to think it either, but they're not to keen on capes when it comes to their main heroes!

#15 Posted by THORSON (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

YES. VILLAINS THAT THOR FIGHTS.

#16 Posted by wolverine1610 (250 posts) - - Show Bio
@teerack said:

He'd go by Hyperion and look like this.

lol good one, made my night

#17 Edited by Wboy (442 posts) - - Show Bio

That idea seems really weird, picture Superman in the Avengers team. Weird.

#18 Posted by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

@wboy said:

You know what's awesome though? Picturing Superman, Thor, the rest of the Justice League, and the rest of the Avengers on one team, and calling them, THE AVENGERS LEAGUE!

Sort of like in Finmonster's EPIC Universe...as soon as he gets off his lazy rump and actually TRIES to get some more work done!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3593629/1/The-Marvelous-World-of-DC-Part-1-In-the-Begining

#19 Posted by consolemaster001 (4987 posts) - - Show Bio

@wboy said: