#1 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

I was thinking about this the other day. If Frank Miller hates Superman like most people think he does, why would he make him a main character in a lot of his stories. For example, I don't like Iron Man and I wouldn't make him a lead character or do nods to his comics in my stories. He also reinvented Superman to a certain extent because he showed us why the idea of an ultra-patriotic superhero doesn't work in the modern world. If Miller hadn't written DKR, the superman we read today might be a different character.

#2 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6272 posts) - - Show Bio

Frank Miller is capable of respect towards a character?!? Really?

#3 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (21849 posts) - - Show Bio

Have you seen Dark Knight Strikes Again? Or All Star Batman and Robin? The dude depicts Superman as some weak-willed moron (at very best).

#4 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1407 posts) - - Show Bio

Have you seen Dark Knight Strikes Again? Or All Star Batman and Robin? The dude depicts Superman as some weak-willed moron (at very best).

QFT!!

#5 Posted by Nerd Of A Hero (862 posts) - - Show Bio

Frank Miller doesn't respect Superman as much as Superman fans or certain writers do. Heck, I'm confident that he can't write a good Superman story to save his life. He was a great writer back in the day but now he only cares about dark-violent-edgy characters that at times act childishly and beat the crap out of people out for reasons of insanity, write/draw female characters like sluts, and call inappropriate names to races to get across his views.

#6 Posted by Billy Batson (57943 posts) - - Show Bio

He loves Superman.

BB

#7 Posted by DarkKnight1939 (148 posts) - - Show Bio

He loves Superman.

BB

Correction: he is in love with Superman. A love that can only be expressed by writing terrible comics and terrible Superman characterisations.

#8 Posted by tikhunt (676 posts) - - Show Bio

People try to defend him and I honestly dont see why.

#9 Posted by Billy Batson (57943 posts) - - Show Bio

@billy_batson said:

He loves Superman.

BB

Correction: he is in love with Superman. A love that can only be expressed by writing terrible comics and terrible Superman characterisations.

Hmmm nah.

BB

#10 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude destroyes Superman's popularity.

#11 Posted by consolemaster001 (5228 posts) - - Show Bio

No

No he doesn't.

#12 Posted by Black_Claw (2968 posts) - - Show Bio

The guy never respected Superman and never will. And the fact that Zack Synder is actually consulting with this son of a b**** for the Superman/Batman movie has really made my hopes for the film hit the ground.

#13 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really care about how Superman is portrayed in elseworld stories. I highly doubt he hates Superman but I'd assume he isn't a huge fan.

#14 Posted by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternal19 said:

If Frank Miller hates Superman like most people think he does, why would he make him a main character in a lot of his stories. For example, I don't like Iron Man and I wouldn't make him a lead character or do nods to his comics in my stories.

Well that's not necessarily true. Going with your IronMan example, let's pretend I'm a biased writer who hates Iron Man and I can't control my hate against him. I'd probably try to put him in plenty of stories as long as I'm able to mock him and ridicule him. Ignoring a character doesn't hurt them but ridiculing them and making other characters beat them up sure does.