I'm Getting Worried about Batman Vs. Superman...

mpto216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mpto216

With the news that Gal Gadot is definitely Wonder Woman in the sequel, all those rumors about Nightwing and Flash also being in it feels a lot more like a possibility. It's giving me the Iron Man 2 feeling with Marvel so quick to get to the Avengers, they just threw in a lot of SHIELD, easter eggs and references, and it was frankly kind of a mess. That's what Batman vs. Superman feels like. DC wants to jump the gun on Justice League and is throwing as many elements at it as possible to show off the larger DC universe.

I enjoyed Man of Steel, but it was missing a lot of character development and didn't really establish Superman's world, now we're throwing in a bunch of other characters. They could all still just be glorified cameos, but it would still be distracting to have these characters pop up, say a line and disappear.

Then there's the build up that I feel we're being cheated out of. I remember the excitement of seeing Marvel's big three on screen for the first time in Avengers after each having their own solo films, with SHIELD being the link. Here we have DC's big three sharing the screen for the first time in a Man of Steel sequel (with possibly others) with only Superman having a solo outing beforehand. It takes away from the eventual Justice League movie.

Johnni_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Johnni_Kun

I can kind of see that "Iron Man 2" aspect to this film as well. However, just try to relax and remember that this is still very early. We don't know anything about the film. (other than the cast and one story element.) I say wait until we see some production shots, and a trailer before worrying about a project.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Instead of giving Superman a proper sequel...they do this sh*t.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@sandman_: They haven't said what extent her part will be, could be a glorified cameo for all we know and no other characters have been confirmed so its still way to early to call.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

To early to judge

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheBhramaBull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheBhramaBull

I still think any other heroes, including Wonder Woman, will be minor roles / cameos. Reason being is that Batman and Superman can make the Avengers type of money they're looking for by themselves. The others will have small roles/cameos, setting up solo movies for themselves, then followed by a Justice League movie that will also make Avengers type of money.

That's just what I think will happen though, otherwise shoving all these characters in will get overcrowded and messy.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Too early to tell. I'm really excited, though :D

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am worried about Superman's development with all these additional characters, but as a huge WW, im really excited to finally see her. I also feel, and have always felt, she is perfect as the first cameo, being that she is Superman's equal, but less likely to steel the spotlight like Batman (or rile up all the noisy fanboys). She is a character who can be greatly benefited by being introduced with a strong, already established character.

I definitely think this film needs to lead Supes through a lot of developement, and take him from just the Worlds Most Powerful Hero, to the Worlds Greatest source of Hope and Inspiration, that all other heroes look up to.

Still, Iron Man 2 is a great example of why one should be worried.

And what do you mean Marvel's big 3? The Hulk, Spidey, and Wolverine havent been in a movie together yet. :D

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What has me worried is that they said this movie will be realsed in 2015 and we have yet to hear if they have started shooting yet...and it's almost 2014. DC I loved Man of Steel (it was lacking in some aspects) so I have hight hopes for this so don't let me down. Also the tile of the movie might not be Batman vs Superman.

Avatar image for wishiwassuperman
WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By WIshIWasSuperman

@z3ro180 said:

What has me worried is that they said this movie will be realsed in 2015 and we have yet to hear if they have started shooting yet...and it's almost 2014. DC I loved Man of Steel (it was lacking in some aspects) so I have hight hopes for this so don't let me down. Also the tile of the movie might not be Batman vs Superman.

Officially starts shooting "in winter" so should be very soon. They'll probably shoot for about 6 months and then spend the next 6 in post-production at least.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Johnni_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo:

I am worried about Superman's development with all these additional characters, but as a huge WW, im really excited to finally see her. I also feel, and have always felt, she is perfect as the first cameo, being that she is Superman's equal, but less likely to steel the spotlight like Batman (or rile up all the noisy fanboys). She is a character who can be greatly benefited by being introduced with a strong, already established character.

Superman barely had any in the his 1st film........ So, I don't think there is going to be a problem, especially if you enjoyed the MOS.

I definitely think this film needs to lead Supes through a lot of developement, and take him from just the Worlds Most Powerful Hero, to the Worlds Greatest source of Hope and Inspiration, that all other heroes look up to.

Possible, but I really doubt it. Supes is playing the "young" role. I think the most he's going to do is inspire Bats, into working passionately again.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

Either they've got a plan they're not telling us about or we wait?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

Part of me thinks that the MoS sequel is going to be Justice League.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By deaditegonzo

@johnni_kun: MoS did exactly what it needed to do as an origin, establish the character and start him on some sort of "path". In this case, everyone in the world knows what he can do, but not "why he acts" or what he stands for. Unlike the Reeves era Supes who didnt have any growing to do, and "nowhere to go" we could potentially watch this Supes at every major point of his career!

Edit: Which is why it is so important for this movie to advance him.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Captain13

The title of the film is not Superman vs Batman. It has no title. For all we know it could be Justice League :P

Variety are also repeating something we’ve been hearing from just about everywhere: there’s going to be an appearance by The Flash in the film, and likely a good handful of other, known DC comics characters. How so? Doing what? We’ll have to wait and see, but I expect that most of them will be blink-and-you’ll-miss-them."

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/12/04/batman-superman-villain-bein...

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Captain13
Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Too early to judge but im very excitied. If they do this right then this has the possibility to dethrone the Avengers

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought along the same lines as well but then started thinking about hawkeyes role in Thor and how minimal that was. Honestly wanted Wonder Woman to have a her own movie first though(and for superman to have another solo movie) why is it so hard to bring themyscira to the big screen, it's filled with beautiful women and Greek mythology which makes for an interesting visual and story...smh. Goes without saying the whole world is watching these guys now, hopefully they make all of us happy instead of just half of us. Otherwise they may as well stop making them regardless of box office earnings.

Anim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think its too early to tell..but there is a good chance that Wonder Woman has a small cameo in this movie...

Gal Gadot will be a cool wonder woman though....

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@johnni_kun: MoS did exactly what it needed to do as an origin, establish the character and start him on some sort of "path". In this case, everyone in the world knows what he can do, but not "why he acts" or what he stands for. Unlike the Reeves era Supes who didnt have any growing to do, and "nowhere to go" we could potentially watch this Supes at every major point of his career!

Edit: Which is why it is so important for this movie to advance him.

This is exactly what I was thinking

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

What's not to worry ?

Gal gadot can't be wonder woman

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I'm not worried about how crowded it's getting but more so the cast. I was iffy with Affleck and am Gadot is just all wrong for that part. Barry hasn't even been cast yet.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@consolemaster001 said:

What's not to worry ?

Gal gadot can't be wonder woman

She can. And don't worry because we could have Lobo Justin Bieber... Theoretically.

No Caption Provided
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Rubear

@consolemaster001 said:

@rubear: DON'T BRING IT UP !!!!!

So you dont think that such expert of beached whales and female vaginas would be real... how Lobo spell it... bastich?

consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Any number of characters doesn't worry me as much as Snyder/Nolan as the "spirit animals" for the Justice League. Not my preferred direction. What works in a batman solo film does not apply to the DC universe as a whole. Embrace the characters for what they are, please.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Join the club, I've been worried since it was announced.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By kgb725

Never know

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg said:

Any number of characters doesn't worry me as much as Snyder/Nolan as the "spirit animals" for the Justice League. Not my preferred direction. What works in a batman solo film does not apply to the DC universe as a whole. Embrace the characters for what they are, please.

You mean Snyder and Goyer, right?

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@rustyroy said:

@fodigg said:

You mean Snyder and Goyer, right?

I meant Nolan, but I wasn't clear. I think the Nolan bat-films are hugely influential in tone on the rest of DC's cinema projects, but didn't mean to imply he had a hand in them directly.

Martian81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Martian81

My problem is with casting , while Ben Affleck as batman is tolerable, Gal Gadot just does not fit with Wonder Woman at all!! Horrible choice , where are the casting crew looking? I have always maintained that the best Wonder Woman is Taylor Cole of 'The Event' fame not only is she a gorgeous brunette she was an athlete before entering films so the physicality of the role would be suitable for her. WTF Zack wtf!!! As for introducing Batman or WW so soon,I think it depends on the story.If the story is penned well and wants to reboot Batman then all they have to do is say that the probe of Krypton that was buried in Antarctica carried not only Kryptonians but Amazons as well who perhaps Kryptonians took on board when they visited their planet. So Batman could have saved WW from the flagship before it was activated by the command key.

George22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

my problem is that if it is realistic , superman should easily win, but he wont because it will be created for the fans ( mainly batman fans).

The thing is Superman has every good thing that batman has, he is as skilled a fighter (as he was trained by all of the justice league) , he has kriptoneon technology, wich is much more advanced than batman's, he knows how to use all of batman's weapons and has upgraded them. As well as the fact that if you kill him he come back stronger. He is faster , stronger, and if you gave him 2 minutes, he woukd e smarter / a better detective / more strategic then batman because he can think at supersonic speeds, he has x-ray vision and telescopic vision so he could read everyook on detective hints / tips in a minute or 2 and be as good or better than batman.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With an immature title like Batman vs. Superman, you should've been worried from the start.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

@superguy1591: Actually that title is just something the media is just running with. The movie has yet to have an official title. And plus it will be beyond retarded if the whole film is about the two heroes fighting one another when it should be about them teaming up and fighting bad guys.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Superguy1591

@black_claw: They've made no attempts to correct it if this is true.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

For the last time, it isn't overcrowded have you seen the cast of The Avengers: Age of Ultron, I don't care if its a team, its bigger than a team-up of Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman.

JeanRalphio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lyrafay said:

For the last time, it isn't overcrowded have you seen the cast of The Avengers: Age of Ultron, I don't care if its a team, its bigger than a team-up of Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman.

Avengers is an ENSEMBLE FILM,MAN of Steel isn't.