#1 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (9252 posts) - - Show Bio

I barely started reading comics when the new 52 came out and before that it was only what I could get my hands on at the library. So since I barely started I dont have as strong a connection to most characters, except Lobo, but I like his VM title 8/10, would have been higher if we got to see his past with his Lobo imposter. I see people complain about this WW/SM romance but I like it. People say that him and Lois are meant to be when I say look we just had about 75 years of them being together in almost every media too. Him and Wonder Woman make total sense cus they have a lot in common. And even if you dont like the idea of them being together chill out, they are just dating. Its not happily ever after and they have kids. The universe just started give it a chance. Not only will it be fun to see these two gods fight crime but how the world reacts to it.

#2 Posted by toplel (815 posts) - - Show Bio

"I like X.Tell me why I'm wrong"

Am I missing something or are you completely bonkers?

#3 Edited by Saint_Wildcard (9252 posts) - - Show Bio

@toplel said:

"I like X.Tell me why I'm wrong"

Am I missing something or are you completely bonkers?

Is it so wrong to believe in love?

#4 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman and Wonder Woman have the chemistry of...something that doesn't have a lot of chemistry.

#5 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

Got it!

Superman and Wonder Woman have as much chemistry as my old history class.

#6 Edited by Saint_Wildcard (9252 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoyelite said:

Superman and Wonder Woman have the chemistry of...something that doesn't have a lot of chemistry.

Wow, did not see it that way before. Thanks for explaining it to me.

People meet and date for alot less. Superman and Wonder Woman not only met each other at work but are both good people who help others, not human, they both understand the situation they are in, want to fit in, and are gods that dont take advantage of their power. I'd say they have alot more in common than he does with Lois, just cus they have been presented to the media as a power couple for 75 years doesnt mean it makes sense,

#7 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@hero92: Having stuff in common is not the same as having chemistry. They just don't mix, their romance falls flat.

#8 Edited by SanoHibiki (1427 posts) - - Show Bio

@hero92:

Why exactly you asking to prove you wrong? You may like SM/WW, others may be Clois supporters. That personal opinions, all people have right to formulate their owns.

On Comicvine you will met mostly Clois-, BM/WW- and “Wonder Woman in relationship with man” hurts her character-supporters. Personally I support Clark and Diana relationship, since I think that they similar enough in some ways to be drawn to each other, in the same time different enough to keep it interesting for readers, and their relationship would have difficult dynamics than many times overused Clois cliché.( With years I became to see SM/LL just as nod to nearly 75-years old tradition, since not even once I got to hear coherent and convincing reasoning to “ Superman and Lois Lane can be only with each other and can’t be with anyone else”).

P.S. Maybe in some way I influenced by “Roman Holiday”. Like this film very match and since I saw it, always supported “Princess and Journalist”-type of relationship.

#9 Posted by Justthatkid (3010 posts) - - Show Bio

@hero92: Having stuff in common is not the same as having chemistry. They just don't mix, their romance falls flat.

Explain Superman and Lois's chemistry to me then, I'm one of those people who like Clark and Diana see sounds well to :P

#10 Edited by darkman61288 (722 posts) - - Show Bio

These are fictional characters we're talking about, their chemistry depends on the writer. DC is trying to make them compatible, if DC wanted to have Superman and Wonder Woman have no chemistry then they would.

@decoyelite said:

Explain Superman and Lois's chemistry to me then, I'm one of those people who like Clark and Diana see sounds well to :P

Chemistry is not just how alike characters are, but if they play off each other or balance, like Nathan Fillion's Castle and Stana Katic's Beckett in the TV series. Those characters play off each other like Lois and Clark are suppose to. Like how they did in Lois and Clark tv series and in Smallville.

#11 Posted by darknightspideyfanboy (1197 posts) - - Show Bio

@hero92: an opinion is not a fact it cool if you like it the same goes for someone who doesnt like it

#12 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (9252 posts) - - Show Bio

@sanohibiki: Its a joke title. I once had a titles that said "Let me talk to you about Jesus" refering to my cousin who is also named Jesus. I heard on a CV podcast something that made me bust out laughing. When Lois and Clark got married, Superman left earth to new Krypton for a year and then when he came back acted like nothing happen..... and then he went walking across america leaving her again.

@justthatkid: I think people mean that they are funny together or look at each other longingly. Honestly she is just a damsel in distress who fell in love with Superman. It works cus we've been forced with it for the last 75 years. I dont believe for a second that WW/SM will end up together but I honestly think this relationship is a physical attraction+an understanding of one an other which is how a lot of relationships start. But I also think over time we will see this relationship unfold, see its ups and downs. I also heard that its a good creative team, much to the dismay of Lvenger, who hates this titles and wish they didnt get such a good creative team/artist.

#13 Posted by LoisLaneKent (33 posts) - - Show Bio

The Superman has much more in common with Lois, than with wonder woman.

#14 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9491 posts) - - Show Bio

I like their relationship. It's a fresh take on both characters, and frankly, it makes sense that two of the most powerful beings on the planet, who both harbor feelings of loneliness, would hook up. People who blindly support Clois are the same people who couldn't take off their nostalgia tinted glasses when watching MoS. That being said, I do want Clark to end up with Lois eventually. However, I want the foundations of their relationship to be laid out as opposed to them being together simply because 'thats how its always been'.

#15 Posted by Primebonnick (1777 posts) - - Show Bio

only lois fanboys hate this relationship. Its awesome good way to start the new 52

#16 Edited by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

I have concerns that by pairing up WW with either of the male members of the trinity at a time when they should be trying to promote the hell out of her for the sake of capitalizing on her own solo film (long overdue), you are tying any gains in her prominence to that relationship. It's a shortcut that undercuts the ability for the character to lead its own franchise.

This would be less of a problem with pairing members of the trinity that were already established with their own successful film franchises. So if, for the sake of argument, they had the bright idea to romantically pair Superman with Batman to try and up Superman's popularity, it wouldn't redefine Supes in the eyes of the general audience in any discernible degree because he's already established. With Wonder Woman, the Linda Carter TV show was the last (successful) live-action push for the GA with the character. It would be problematic. The character is well known enough to have traction but the details of her characterization are at risk. I would argue the popularity of the Batman/WW pairing that stemmed out of the Justice League cartoons, much as I enjoyed how it was executed, is a good example of how her character is at risk of being defined by this type of "super couple" status. She really does need her own supporting cast, including myriad love interests (e.g., Steve Trevor, Nemesis).

I realize this isn't really a complaint on the merits of the characters relating to each other, but it's still why I think this pairing should be avoided.

#17 Posted by Reactor (2404 posts) - - Show Bio

The Superman has much more in common with Lois, than with wonder woman.

Like..?

#18 Posted by Hyperlight (5509 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont read much about the WW/Clark relationship but i dont have a problem with hit at first glance. i would love dating a women that didnt need me like a human does