How will the New-52 Superman develop?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By frozen  Moderator

What Superman do you see him becoming? With Superman and Wonder Woman's breakup inevitable at some point, where do you predict the character going?

Will we see more of the classic Superman with modern elements?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Squalleon

Johns already said the break up is inevitable and it will be ugly!

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SanoHibiki

What Superman do you see him becoming?

I guess eventually he will become calmer, more experienced, but he always will be a bit … edgier than his Pre-New-52 counterpart (his life not so easy, now he can’t seek moral support from his family, etc).

With Superman and Wonder Woman's breakup inevitable at some point, where do you predict the character going?

Through I wholeheartedly support this book (the longer Soule will write SM/WW – the better for me), DC wouldn’t bring two such known and independent characters together forever plus they like cheap dramatics (that was true with Pre-52 Clois, probably will be the same in the new continuity).

Well, as long as it wouldn’t be Lois, I will be okay with it. Perhaps second attempt with Lana Croft, introduce a more serious version of Maxima, some new OC or give guy some time to be unburdened by relationships.

Who can predict what DC planning? Certainly not me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think he will be developing at all. He seems to have abandoned his old personality of being the boyscout and inspiring hope. And i don't see him going back, especially not after a nasty breakup

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 frozen  Moderator
SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SanoHibiki

@frozen said:

@sanohibiki: It should be Lois.

No Caption Provided

That sums up my feelings about Clois (as pairing, not Lois herself) pretty well.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@sanohibiki: Every other Superman relationship is much worse.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SanoHibiki
@frozen said:

@sanohibiki: Every other Superman relationship is much worse.

That’s your opinion; for me there wasn’t any worse Clark’s relationship than Pre-New-52 Clois in comics.

Avatar image for noteworthington
Noteworthington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Noteworthington

I can't bring myself to read much of the New 52 Supes. I'm hoping the new creative team coming up will be a good picking up point.

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

@frozen said:

What Superman do you see him becoming? With Superman and Wonder Woman's breakup inevitable at some point, where do you predict the character going?

Will we see more of the classic Superman with modern elements?

1. I see him becoming a hybrid of his former and current selves. Slow to aggression but when he is provoked to aggression he is...ahh....aggressive. I also see him developing more of a cosmic arena as well.

2. I see him, likely, dissolving into his relationship with Lois.

3. Huh. We see eye to eye on issue 3 as per my answer to issue 1:)

Avatar image for beautifultemptress
BeautifulTemptress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just don't put him back with Lois, please, God.

I will never understand why people think they make a good couple, they do not! She's just an annoyance.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

I can't bring myself to read much of the New 52 Supes. I'm hoping the new creative team coming up will be a good picking up point.

Give Pak's and Kuder's Action Comics a chance. The first arc just ended and it is more than worth the read.

Superwondy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I will never understand why people think they make a good couple, they do not! She's just an annoyance.

Lois Lane annoys you, but for many others, she preferable than Wonder Woman.For example, the best comics of the past year repeatedly became Superman Unchained, Earth 2, Smallville, and AOS.Comic Superman\Wonder Woman is not in the lists of the best comics 2013.

BeautifulTemptress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591 said:

Lois Lane annoys you, but for many others, she preferable than Wonder Woman.For example, the best comics of the past year repeatedly became Superman Unchained, Earth 2, Smallville, and AOS.Comic Superman\Wonder Woman is not in the lists of the best comics 2013.

I agree.This pair is not interesting and DC are trying to attract attention to Superman\Wonder Woman shove them in each comic.They released a comic about this "pair", but the results of sales repeatedly prove that this couple is not interesting.Comic Earth 2 where Superman is married to Lois repeatedly became the best comics and is a success.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yea sadly the break up will be hard on poor clark, hopefully it;s not lois he goes to but lana, maxima or some one else. He will just go through another emotional development and will try to distance himself from others, but still try to save others.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superwondy said:

@superguy1591 said:

I agree.This pair is not interesting and DC are trying to attract attention to Superman\Wonder Woman shove them in each comic.They released a comic about this "pair", but the results of sales repeatedly prove that this couple is not interesting.Comic Earth 2 where Superman is married to Lois repeatedly became the best comics and is a success.

Pair not interesting WTF is you smoking get the hell outta here. Last time i check earth 2 superman is brainwashed going around killing people and lois can't save him. Smallville ha the TV show was bad enough (although to be fair i can't read it fully).

BeautifulTemptress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primebonnick:

1. It's your opinion, but the opinion of the majority is the opposite of your point of view.
  2. Unlike you, I see objective reality and never send someone to Lucifer
  3. In last comic Superman and Lois finally met and I think from that moment, everything will change for the better.
  4. Earth 2 and Smallville repeatedly became the best comics of the past year.Comic Superman\Wonder Woman is not in the lists of the best comics 2013.
darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By darkman61288

@beautifultemptress said:

@primebonnick:

1. It's your opinion, but the opinion of the majority is the opposite of your point of view.
  3. In last comic Superman and Lois finally met and I think from that moment, everything will change for the better.
  4. Earth 2 and Smallville repeatedly became the best comics of the past year.Comic Superman\Wonder Woman is not in the lists of the best comics 2013.

Earth 2 and Smallville are there own Universes I doubt its because Superman is with Lois that those books are successful, Personally I don't care how long Clark/Diana last I just don't want them to force a Lois relationship. Damsel in distress is overdone.

They don't have to have Lois be a damsel in distress. She can function as a helper like hacking into computer systems. Or her acting like a detective. There are other ways to have there relationship work.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkman61288 said:
@justthatkid said:

@beautifultemptress said:

@primebonnick:

Earth 2 and Smallville are there own Universes I doubt its because Superman is with Lois that those books are successful, Personally I don't care how long Clark/Diana last I just don't want them to force a Lois relationship. Damsel in distress is overdone.

They don't have to have Lois be a damsel in distress. She can function as a helper like hacking into computer systems. Or her acting like a detective. There are other ways to have there relationship work.

She's a trained hacker and detective? if not why add it..

I mean she actually serves that role constantly. My point is that she doesn't have to be a damsel in distress while being in a relationship with Superman.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Superguy1591

@superwondy: When will you learn that my problem IS NOT making Superman and Wondy a permanent couple, it's just Lois is annoyingly lame! God! She's annoying! Put him with Lana, put him with Maxima, put him with Jane Doe...WHATEVER! JUST NOT LOIS!

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justthatkid: Lois Lane's level of PIS makes Batman look normal. -_-... She's also a trained fighter...she's just Batwoman, except an incompetent Batwoman that ALWAYS needs saving.

Superwondy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@superguy1591: Than Lois annoying you?I am against a pair of Superman and Wonder Woman, but I am not against Diana.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: superman and maxima FTW as much as i love diana would not mind supes going with maxima for a while she could be his batcat/catwoman.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primebonnick:

first of all i didn't send you to lucifer (albeit i do miss him since his series ended) i said get the hell outta here as in stop the none sense.

Still i don't that you don't like diana and clark together, but i hear as a shipper i gotta always defend them no matter what so i just gotta. Never got the appeal for lois and it's not because they are together that those comic you mentioned are doing well. So she is not really relevant.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primebonnick: I agree, the animated series depiction of her would make for an amazing pairing. =D