#1 Edited by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

This might have been asked can't find it on here but I've always wondered how does Superman shave if his hair is indestructible.

I also wondered the same with Wolverine if is hair grows back so quick with his healing factor why does it not keep growing as he's had longer hair in the past and full bears so how does he keep it at a certain length if it grows so quick?

#2 Posted by danhimself (22621 posts) - - Show Bio

back in the day he used to use a polished piece of his ship to reflect his heat vision back at his face and burn his stubble off

#3 Posted by G-Man (36395 posts) - - Show Bio

@johnkmccubbin91:

Staff
#4 Posted by HolySerpent (12628 posts) - - Show Bio

Heat vision

#5 Posted by ArtGamer (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man said:

@johnkmccubbin91:

Didn't know that :O

lol

#6 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

Intreasting I thought it might be something like that but wasn't sure what. Now I just need to find out how Wolverine does it. Thanks

#7 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha, I just reread Man of Steel volume 1 where this is addressed the other day!

#8 Posted by jobbernos (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent said:

Heat vision

#9 Posted by joshmightbe (24937 posts) - - Show Bio

In TAS he shaved by reflecting his heat vision off his bathroom mirror

#10 Posted by Black_Claw (3007 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Jor El packed a kryptonian razor in Superman's rocket so that he could use it when he reached adulthood.

#11 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

This could work.

#12 Posted by celticwitan (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe he does use his nails... he just scratches the stubble off. His nails are stronger than his hair. But, how does he cut his hair? I have seen kryptonian knives and daggers on Smallville, usually from Jor El.. Maybe he has kryptonian scissors? He probably has a kryptonian straight blade in the fortress to shave with as well. I believe the fortress of solitude has everything he needs. Jor El planned for everything. I have had a perfect shaving commercial and the perfect song for a razor commercial for a few years now about Clark getting up in the morning and shaving.. It's too bad smallville is over because it would have been a great commercial on that. I suppose superman fans would get the joke even if it wasn't Tom Welling. I have the perfect commercial for him, it might work with the new superman too. Only other thing is, how does he clip and file his nails? Kryptonian clippers and nail file? I thought he got his powers because his planet has stronger gravity, so gravity doesnt effect him. It would be like being on the moon here on earth. Wouldnt he need heavy boots to keep from floating off! So if you did not have to wear a space suit on the moon, could you run faster than a speeding bullet? would bullets shot at you on the moon bounce off you? Could you lift a car on the moon? But now he gets his powers from the yellow sun. So if he flies near a red sun in space he loses his powers and dies? Kryptonians did not have super powers on Krypton under their red sun with gravity like Jupiter's?

I find this all very confusing........

BTW, why don't they use Tom Welling while he is the right age to play Superman? After watching him for 10 years, no other Superman looks right. When I was a kid, we watched George Reeves. The first Lois was a fox, then they switched Loises on us just like they switched Darrens on us on Bewitched.

#13 Posted by HumanRocket (8601 posts) - - Show Bio

I knew it was only a matter of ine u til someone posted this question on here. Superman shaves using his heat vision bouncing off the bathroom mirror and yes that's from the cartoon show.

#14 Edited by w0nd (3702 posts) - - Show Bio

just do what hancock did and scratch it off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viL2t4LK8w8

#15 Posted by peirsonb (1 posts) - - Show Bio

The Hancock thing never worked for me. If we assume that Superman's (and Hancock's) hair and nails are stronger than a normal person by the same amount as his skin and muscles then a normal person should be able to shave with their fingernails....

#16 Edited by w0nd (3702 posts) - - Show Bio

@peirsonb: but is his skin hard too? if he pushed his hard nails against rock hard skin, then his hair would be ground against the two, removing the stubble....right? if his skin was softer and absorbed his fingers being pushed against it, it wouldn't work...he wouldn't be clean shaven like in the movie though it would be blotchy and patchy lol

#17 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

@peirsonb said:

The Hancock thing never worked for me. If we assume that Superman's (and Hancock's) hair and nails are stronger than a normal person by the same amount as his skin and muscles then a normal person should be able to shave with their fingernails....

You just tried to use logic on a comic site. Ha! :)

#18 Edited by RideASpaceCowboy (531 posts) - - Show Bio

The question isn't how he shaves, buy why:

With a beard that epic, I'd never shave!

#19 Posted by SUNMAN (7251 posts) - - Show Bio

#20 Edited by X_Person (17 posts) - - Show Bio

"Clark, where were you during the Superman battle that just happened all over Metropolis? It's strange how your always gone during those things..."

"Ugh... I was... Umm" -Scratches head-

"Oh my! Clark! What happened to your hair?!". The end.

#21 Edited by Doctorholmes241 (71 posts) - - Show Bio

heat visoin reflection

#22 Posted by consolemaster001 (5788 posts) - - Show Bio

/thread

#23 Posted by RetconCrisis (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

He reflects heat vision off of a mirroring object and focusing his vision in a low level beam on his face. And no, this isn't from Gilette's "How does the MoS shave" campaign.

#24 Posted by MarsUltor (19 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd said:

@peirsonb: but is his skin hard too? if he pushed his hard nails against rock hard skin, then his hair would be ground against the two, removing the stubble....right? if his skin was softer and absorbed his fingers being pushed against it, it wouldn't work...he wouldn't be clean shaven like in the movie though it would be blotchy and patchy lol

Only to others. If a non-Kryptonian on Earth pokes Superman's bicep, it will feel rock hard to them. But if Superman pokes his own bicep, it will squish just like a normal person's would when they poke their own bicep.

#25 Posted by Bruxae (14004 posts) - - Show Bio

Heat vision for the most part, I wonder though if he could potentially use a razor with tiny amounts of kryptonite on it, or if it would weaken him to much?

#26 Edited by TheGodofThunder (599 posts) - - Show Bio

The same way every other character with insane durability shaves.

#27 Edited by Saint_Wildcard (11267 posts) - - Show Bio

Super speed plucking or red sun razor.

#28 Posted by Kumquatodor (118 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with Kevin Smith. He breaks off a piece of the Fortress and uses at as a raisor blade. Kryptonian weapons are consistantly show to be able to hurt Superman!

#29 Posted by stephens2177 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman can use his heat vision,Shazam is magic,Jonn has control over every atom in his body.the question is how can other super durable do it,like Wonder Woman?

#30 Posted by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

@stephens2177: Wonder Woman is vunerable to sharp objects so shaving shouldn't be an issue.

#31 Posted by Vitalius (1993 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Edited by TheCheeseStabber (8151 posts) - - Show Bio

He knows....

#33 Posted by AmazingWebHead (3364 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if that's also how Kara shaves her legs. Her smooth, silky legs... *drooling* wait, what were we talking about?

#34 Posted by Squalleon (4628 posts) - - Show Bio

The real question is, how he cuts his hair?