#1 Posted by amutant (280 posts) - - Show Bio

Fire or bullets don't hurt him among many other things, so how does Superman feel human warmth and touch?

#4 Posted by joshmightbe (26300 posts) - - Show Bio

Because comics

#5 Posted by ARMIV2 (9249 posts) - - Show Bio

That...is a really good question...uhhh...

#6 Posted by Perezite (1458 posts) - - Show Bio

@amutant said:

Fire or bullets don't hurt him among many other things, so how does Superman feel human warmth and touch?

The same way Hulk and Thor do.

#7 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29813 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't tell if this is a really smart question or a really stupid question.

#8 Posted by cameron83 (7868 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite said:

@amutant said:

The same way Hulk and Thor do.

actually not really...I mean,a kryptonian's body is much different than an Asguardians....but can't Hulk get burned if the fire is severe enough?

I mean,it would just piss him off and not hurt him that much (and he'd also heal from it),but I think he could still be burned....or I could be wrong.

#9 Posted by ColonelRunAway (380 posts) - - Show Bio

The continuity flip-flops on this, but I'd say the easiest way to think of it is like another one of his heightened senses, just in reverse.

For example, he can switch his super hearing on and off whenever he wants, and he generally keeps it off by default, but a specific sudden noise like screams or Jimmy's signal watch can jolt it on. From there, it's not a stretch to assume he also has a super touch sense that lets him, say, feel and pick up a Styrofoam cup, even though on his skin & muscles it'd almost be like a human grabbing smoke. And that he keeps it on by default so as not to smash everything he touched as Clark Kent, but it automatically switches off for bullets, or wind resistance while flying at mach 10, or punching brick walls.

#10 Posted by Bruxae (16777 posts) - - Show Bio

Super senses.

#11 Posted by Aiden Cross (15726 posts) - - Show Bio

Good question, super senses is probably the way to go if you want an explaination. Or maybe he has some way of controlling his bio electric field? *shrugs*

#12 Posted by russellmania77 (16853 posts) - - Show Bio

Super sense but that could work both ways

#13 Edited by Z3RO180 (7859 posts) - - Show Bio

He is invvurnable but his skin wouldn't be rock hard to the touch he can still feel things.

#14 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1698 posts) - - Show Bio

he has super senses,he can probably feel us better than we feel ourselves....wait,that sounded weird.

#15 Posted by w0nd (5048 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe depending on the heat or the impact, the body reacts upon touch, if you run your finger along him he would feel it because it's a light brush, but if you full on punch him, the moment your body felt the force of it it could tense up, and i mean the split second, not a moment later. I mean when the flash punches him he can feel it, maybe it's because his body reacted a second too late, but he is still strong enough to withstand it. I don't know bs comic stuff just go with it

#16 Edited by KidChipotle (14728 posts) - - Show Bio

Just because bullets and such don't make him feel pain, doesn't mean he doesn't feel them. He can still feel it all, as far as I know, it just doesn't hurt. So, he can feel touch and warmth.

#17 Posted by Nerx (15351 posts) - - Show Bio

he can force them to touch him

#18 Posted by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1462 posts) - - Show Bio

Ummmm *runs away*