#1 Posted by SOG7dc (7154 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Majestic

2. Sentry

3. Hyperion

4. Supreme

5. Shazam/Captain Marvel

I know how I feel about them but im curious what you guys think?

#2 Posted by WIshIWasSuperman (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

People always copy the best... Enough said

#3 Edited by SanoHibiki (1521 posts) - - Show Bio

Pale imitations of real thing ( except Shazam. He evolved into his own person with time).

#4 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel's not a Superman copy.

The only powers they had in common in the beginning were strength and invulnerability.

#5 Posted by SOG7dc (7154 posts) - - Show Bio

The only ones I really dint like are supreme and Hyperion.

#6 Posted by EmperorJosh (94 posts) - - Show Bio

They are not the original but they all serve their own purpose in their respective circles. Nothing beyond that.

#7 Edited by hart7668 (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

Majestic is pretty cool

#8 Posted by cameron83 (7287 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

The only ones I really dint like are supreme and Hyperion.

But...I like Hyperion.....

#9 Edited by cameron83 (7287 posts) - - Show Bio

They are not the original but they all serve their own purpose in their respective circles. Nothing beyond that.

true.

But if I can say something...Superman can be considered a bit of a rip-off,sure he was the first quintessential hero and the most popular one,but he was stilled based off another fictional character (what was his name? The Gladiator or something like that?) and so was batman...so they can be considered pale imitations as well,I guess....

#10 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't mind it at all...

#11 Edited by SOG7dc (7154 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: I'll admit I've never given him a chance but I read his wiki on here and after reading I was just like "oh come on! You blatantly stole our guy!!....AGAIN!" lol I just can't make myself like him

#12 Posted by SOG7dc (7154 posts) - - Show Bio

@hart7668: Agreed I think he's the coolest analogue.

#13 Posted by cameron83 (7287 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@cameron83: I'll admit I've never given him a chance but I read his wiki on here and after reading I was just like "oh come on! You blatantly stole our guy!!....AGAIN!" lol I just can't make myself like him

Well of course if you just read his wiki,but his character seems to be developing more....

For example,his interaction with the children of the savage land,his conversations with Thor,etc...

#14 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4529 posts) - - Show Bio

Hyperion is tuff

#15 Posted by SOG7dc (7154 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: what do you get in a Hyperion comic that you don't get in a superman one

#16 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm cool with Superman clones because without the we wouldn't have Irredeemable.

Still like Supes more than any of his clones though.

#17 Edited by cameron83 (7287 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@cameron83: what do you get in a Hyperion comic that you don't get in a superman one

What?

Well for one you see a completely different character that is adjusting to a new world after his entire universe behind him,the one that he was born and raised in for most of his life was destroyed and then he was just taken by scientists and experimented on and kept in their confinement deprived of energy and is learning to cope in this new world and adopt new ideals...he also might have anger problems....

Hyperion is not exactly a Superman clone,he is becoming MUCH more than that...I recommend reading issues that focus on him to know what I mean.....but Superman is still better imo.

#18 Posted by Dayvid3 (807 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know much of anything about the others, but I absolutely loved the original Supreme. He was the Superman equivalent in power, but everything else was a new look on the powerset. His origin story, his personality (big jerk, not a team player), how he handled bad guys (death). He didn't seem a paper intimation, he was sustainable as a character. I was disappointed they decided to completely change him, which they did back then, not even the current resurrection.

#19 Posted by SOG7dc (7154 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: I hope thatdidnt sound like I was win a jerk. Sorry if it did but I was really curious what differences there were

#20 Posted by cameron83 (7287 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@cameron83: I hope thatdidnt sound like I was win a jerk. Sorry if it did but I was really curious what differences there were

Don't worry,you didn't :)

But we still have to see more of him....

And I hope that Hickmans run lasts a long time and I hope some new writer doesn't come along and just forgets these characters and creates new,weightless ones.

#21 Posted by batmannflash (6219 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm indifferent towards them. But Shazam is awesome, wouldn't consider him an analogue of Superman

#22 Posted by wolverine1610 (250 posts) - - Show Bio

They arent bad, look at their origins and overall story and you'll see that none of them have anything remotely in common with superman aside from power set but even Superman isn't an original thing.

#23 Posted by SOG7dc (7154 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine1610: Hyperion and majestic origins are similar to Clark's

#24 Posted by gator4eva (396 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I don't think Captain Marvel is a copy I think he's become his own person.