#1  Edited By lifeofvibe
No Caption Provided

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I know Supes has changed but explain your reasoning for this convincing you he has changed? It's seems like a simple fighting scan...

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By SaintWildcard

I'll start of by saying "I hate you Scott Snyder and your meh book". Now that that's out of the way, explain what you mean.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SaintWildcard

I like new young rough Superman, but I also like that they hint that he grows out of the phase. Made for some eye watering moments in Greg Pak's use of the Shirt and Jeans Superman.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@arturocalakayvee: @thehipkid: i mean i remember a time when he was little no, i mean a crap load more peacfuler i wish those days would come back am i alone in this?

V

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lifeofvibe: Probably not, but I only got into Superman when then New 52 came out, so he is my Superman, I compare it to Pre-52 and I like my version better (for reasons I state above).

Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Nerd Of A Hero

Well, that's the whole point of the new 52 when they rebooted the universe, so it's not the boy scout Sup's that everyone is familiar with -- if that's what you been referring to.

Otherwise explain your reason.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Someone turn this into an image for me...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/9/96192/1762274-10gn5.jpg

Superman, didn't he also rip off Darkseid hands in this fight?

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh, Unchained…Having said that, I can’t see what’s the big deal. Just before that, Superman got to hear a lot of smack from Sam Lane, was hit – quite painfully – by black hole-bullet, etc, so I don’t see anything unexpected or unjustified in his reaction. Plus no “collateral damage” argument: they were in the middle of nowhere.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SaintWildcard
lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@superguy1591: okay you made your point but remember i said a crap load more peacfuler not a sh*t load even jesus is bound to angry

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By Lvenger

@lifeofvibe: Sorry but that one scan is an exceptionally poor argument and a woefully misrepresented context of how Snyder portrays Superman. For the one time Snyder wrote Superman in his angry New 52 phase, we have several scans like this

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Now does Superman seem angry and brash in these scans or calmer, more compassionate and level headed hmm? I think based on the evidence at one's disposal, we can opt for the latter opinion based on what we see of Snyder's writing. If you want to write a thread dissing New 52 Superman's portrayal, pick scans from the Superman series because that was consistently poorly written. This series has been consistently well written for the most part as Snyder is one of the writers who can actually write a Superman we're familiar with.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger:

point taken I haven't read any other series but this one

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lifeofvibe: What is your point exactly? Have you been reading Pak's AC? Hot head? The guy is writing the best monthly in canon Superman since Bryne. AC30 wasn't up to par, but you'll notice something similar about Superman.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591:

my point is I like old supes better I hope im not alone in that. no I have not been reading pak's run I've got to many bat books in my pocket im waiting for the trade

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lifeofvibe: Then why make this thread in the first place when you knew these scans would be brought against you? And yeah I know the new Supes can be rough around the edges in comparison to the moral paragon of virtue that he was Pre New 52. But there are writers who still know how to write a decent Superman in the New 52.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@lvenger: Speaking the truth, son! Make a dumb Supes thread, Lvenger is gonna git ya!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: I seem to be building a rep of doing that on here anyway :P

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By JakeN7

@lvenger: Embrace it.

Hey, about Superman: Doomed. I'm only reading Action Comics out of the three titles involved in it, and I'd rather scratch my eyeballs out than read anything with Lobdell's name on it that isn't called Red Hood and the Outlaws. Is it worth it to get the main series and the other tie-ins, just the main series and AC, or just AC?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: Lobdell's Superman finishes after his Doomed tie in and then Johns takes over with a new Superman storyline not related to Doomed in any way. As for other tie ins, you'd probably need to pick up Superman/Wonder Woman since the event is jointly written by Soule as well as Pak. If you want the full story, you'll have to read the one shot in May plus the two aforementioned titles.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JakeN7

@lvenger: It's just a one-shot? Not a seperate mini? That's a relief. So you're thinking I'd be okay with ignoring Lobdell? I've really been wanting to read SM/WW...I mean look at that creative team! Two of my favorites! But I missed enough issues that I decided to trade-wait it. I'll pick it up for Doomed though.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: You won't need to be familiar with the previous issues to jump on board for the Doomed tie ins. They'll be starting an all new story in the Doomed crossover so no prior knowledge of the series should be needed. I think anyway.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@lvenger: what'd you think of unchained 6?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Ah, alright cool. Thanks for the advice!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: No problem :)

@allstarsuperman: I've been meaning to write a review on it but I keep lacking the time to do so. Maybe I'll write one tomorrow or over the weekend. But anyway I really enjoyed it, my second favourite issue of the series so far! The only real disappointment came from the lack of epic action that was promised in the original solicits. That's the weakness of the issue but it does fall short given the excellent story we get instead.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

Hey, about Superman: Doomed. I'm only reading Action Comics out of the three titles involved in it, and I'd rather scratch my eyeballs out than read anything with Lobdell's name on it that isn't called Red Hood and the Outlaws. Is it worth it to get the main series and the other tie-ins, just the main series and AC, or just AC?

Pak said that “he’s doing his best to make everything clear within ACTION. At the same time, the other books are going to be awesome and will add a lot to your fun. He’d recommend starting with the big DOOMED one shot in May and see how you like it.