• Fight takes place in the garbage bin

Avatar image for suemorphplus209
suemorphplus209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

LOL! I almost feel tempted to say that Grounded Superman deserves a nutshot, for sheer stupidity. But no, the story disappointed me so bad as one of the last post-crisis stories that I honestly watch and read All-Star Superman to drown out how bad it was.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Woah, is that Superman lifting a planet with his finger?

I think I just tinkled my winkle.

What a feat, I tell you.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What a feat, I tell you.

It's Jupiter

real story

i'm not lying

really

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh said:

What a feat, I tell you.

It's Jupiter

real story

i'm not lying

really

If you look closely you can sort of see some rings around the planet.

Probably Saturn.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grounded didn't turn me off reading Superman comics and there are quite a few moments I liked in the story. So grounded ftw.

Avatar image for deactivated-631c3102b31d4
deactivated-631c3102b31d4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whats the deal with Grounded? Can someone explain?

suemorphplus209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@burningmartian: Superman decides to walk across America, yes, just walk and spend a year doing that. And that was the last bit of Superman before the reboot, IIRC, and a bunch of PIS IMO.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Grounded didn't turn me off reading Superman comics and there are quite a few moments I liked in the story. So grounded ftw.

Seconded. As awful as Grounded was, there were a few readable parts in this Superman arc. Truth doesn't even have that quality.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna go wild, and choose Truth.

At least in Truth we had things like Clark kicking guys in the nuts. And if we remove his dickish decisions towards Diana (because DC wanted it so) and the Mythbrawl moments, Truth did have little but interesting new moments with Superman out of the picture and only Clark center stage.

Grounded basically did a 360°. It ended pretty much has it started. Or to be more accurate it brought absolutely nothing to Superman has a character, and it served to place him back as the big blue boy scout once again, after his little depression.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd even read Truth over Grounded. That was the very first time I got turned off of Superman comics, and to date, still the worst

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

They both sucked.

suemorphplus209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heavenlydarkdragon: At least this version of Superman isn't about to get a reboot. Grounded was. So there's years of stories for him, and a fraction of them will be good.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Grounded. The first 4 or 5 issues by Straczynski were actually pretty solid.

Truth has been bad from start to finish. Also Grouned is only 11 - 12 issues. Truth is going to be 39 issues in total.

DieHard200904

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually laughed when I saw Superman kicking the thug in the balls. It was totally out of left field that you would see Superman do that.

Plus, "whole new world" thought bubble makes it even more rediculous.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'm actually more interested in knowing the names of the people who approved both. Grounded would have been alright if it were a 2-4 issue arc,Truth is just a Travesty.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: Maybe if Grounded was just reduced to the good parts like Superman talking the young girl out of suicide, stopping an abusive father from beating his son and being a few issues of Superman helping out with smaller problems, it might have worked. But of course it became a politically driven piece for JMS since Superman visited cities that lean on the democrat party side IIRC and the story itself just devolved into rubbish. And yet Truth is still worse than this.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@entropy_aegis: Maybe if Grounded was just reduced to the good parts like Superman talking the young girl out of suicide, stopping an abusive father from beating his son and being a few issues of Superman helping out with smaller problems, it might have worked. But of course it became a politically driven piece for JMS since Superman visited cities that lean on the democrat party side IIRC and the story itself just devolved into rubbish. And yet Truth is still worse than this.

WOW I didn't even notice that. I often wonder if DC went ahead with Grounded,Cry for Justice, and gave WW that reboot as well as Tony Daniel the Bat book just to get fans onboard with Flashpoint.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

WOW I didn't even notice that. I often wonder if DC went ahead with Grounded,Cry for Justice, and gave WW that reboot as well as Tony Daniel the Bat book just to get fans onboard with Flashpoint.

Nor did I either since I'm British, not American. But I read a blog or online piece after Grounded was ending and it mentioned that Superman's walk coincidentally took him through Democrat city territory. If DC really did intentionally write bad stories before the Pre Flashpoint era ended just so fans would be more appeased by the Flashpoint reboot, their marketing strategy is truly more devious than we would have thought.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:
@entropy_aegis said:
@lvenger said:

Nor did I either since I'm British, not American. But I read a blog or online piece after Grounded was ending and it mentioned that Superman's walk coincidentally took him through Democrat city territory. If DC really did intentionally write bad stories before the Pre Flashpoint era ended just so fans would be more appeased by the Flashpoint reboot, their marketing strategy is truly more devious than we would have thought.

This sounds more intriguing than the actual story,do you have a link?

The pattern does kinda fit though,now you have Truth and Finches on WW...or maybe DC screws up so bad that a reboot is inevitable anyway.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:
@entropy_aegis said:
@lvenger said:

The pattern does kinda fit though,now you have Truth and Finches on WW...or maybe DC screws up so bad that a reboot is inevitable anyway.

I'll have a search around for it though I can't make any promises on finding it. I can't quite remember the article's name and it might be lost to the chasms of the Internet.

Speaking of the reboot, Bleeding Cool are running a bus load of articles today. Probably for clickbait purposes I imagine but the earliest has Tom King rumoured to be the next bi weekly Batman writer. Expect to see stuff like that making the rounds on the forums.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:
@entropy_aegis said:
@lvenger said:
@entropy_aegis said:
@lvenger said:

I'll have a search around for it though I can't make any promises on finding it. I can't quite remember the article's name and it might be lost to the chasms of the Internet.

Speaking of the reboot, Bleeding Cool are running a bus load of articles today. Probably for clickbait purposes I imagine but the earliest has Tom King rumoured to be the next bi weekly Batman writer. Expect to see stuff like that making the rounds on the forums.

Thanks.

Sounds too good to be true,I hope so. Him,Seeley,Orlando and Gleason are Grant Morrison's successors on Batman so I'd be thrilled with any of them. Just hope the other writer(if any) isn't Johns or Snyder or a Snyder protege like Tynion or Bennet.

You know I made a thread about possible creative teams on the Batman books,why dont you guys make one about Superman?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Lvenger

@entropy_aegis: King would be better than most other writers to write Batman. I think Snyder will be off Batman for a bit now and Johns won't be a likely current Batman writer. He'll stick with his Earth One stuff I bet. And I regret to inform you that early rumours have Midnighter down as a cancelled series after Rebirth begins :(

I might do that today now that you mention it, though I'm not sure who would fit the bill. Pak is off Action Comics according to a Newsarama interview regarding his upcoming Teen Titans stint, Yang might not want to continue after Rebirth and BC also says Batman/Superman and Superman/Wonder Woman might be cancelled too. I'm personally not sure who DC are likely to go with or who the likely writers would be.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@entropy_aegis: King would be better than most other writers to write Batman. I think Snyder will be off Batman for a bit now and Johns won't be a likely current Batman writer. He'll stick with his Earth One stuff I bet. And I regret to inform you that early rumours have Midnighter down as a cancelled series after Rebirth begins :(

I might do that today now that you mention it, though I'm not sure who would fit the bill. Pak is off Action Comics according to a Newsarama interview regarding his upcoming Teen Titans stint, Yang might not want to continue after Rebirth and BC also says Batman/Superman and Superman/Wonder Woman might be cancelled too. I'm personally not sure who DC are likely to go with or who the likely writers would be.

Midnighters cancellation is a blow to both good story telling and diversity but I've been expecting it for a while now. I hope Orlando gets a book and uses him there.

Johns should write Shazam imo and King on Batman is awesome but I would be surprised if he doesn't have someone as co-pilot.

Cancellation of those two books is the best new I've heard in a while. Next time they should make books like those with a year or so of advance prep.

Max Landis on Superman? I dont think it would be too far fetched.

DieHard200904

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:
@entropy_aegis said:
@lvenger said:

Grounded was a time where they got what I call "Trunky" (Getting ready to pack up the travel bags and go). That is, they knew that they would be done with the series so they didn't care that much.

Battinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That abusive dad from Grounded could win.

LeaderVladimir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 1

Truth was the worst thing that could have happened to Superman.