#1 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there anybody else who absolutely LOOOVVVVEED his superman? I hope

He draws him again

#2 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

Is there anybody else who absolutely LOOOVVVVEED his superman? I hope

He draws him again

Absolutely. One of my favorite Superman artists along with Gary Frank and Curt Swan.

His Superman hits the perfect pitch between strong and formidable and gentle and friendly.

#3 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: Exactly how I feel about it. Is there any indication he'll draw supes again?

#4 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@veshark: Exactly how I feel about it. Is there any indication he'll draw supes again?

Not to my knowledge, he's busy doing Jupiter's Legacy with Mark Millar right now. I think he's done some pencil work for Morrison's upcoming Multiversity though, so who knows, maybe we'll see his rendition of Superman there.

#5 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: Maybe he'll draw a superman ongoing one day. Or he can draw batman/superman.....a man can dream

#6 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@veshark: Maybe he'll draw a superman ongoing one day. Or he can draw batman/superman.....a man can dream

Oh man I'd love to see him on Batman-Superman definitely.

#7 Posted by batmannflash (6192 posts) - - Show Bio

He drew for All-Star Superman right? Amazing story but I honestly didn't like the art.

#8 Edited by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

I really want to see him draw batman/superman now

#9 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

oh god burn it with fire. the most horrible art i've ever seen. rob liefeld bad.

#10 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Quitely. I don't like how long he takes, but his work is always clear and compliments the story. It's never intrusive and always pleasant.

#11 Posted by Saren (25313 posts) - - Show Bio

Me no gusta Superpotato.

#12 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Quitely. I don't like how long he takes, but his work is always clear and compliments the story. It's never intrusive and always pleasant.

Mm agreed, his work has a very utilitarian yet pleasing style to it, nothing ever feels wasted.

#13 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm surprised that guy doesn't draw more his art is incredible

#14 Posted by Z3RO180 (6324 posts) - - Show Bio

All star superman is by far my favourite book

#15 Edited by Lvenger (18394 posts) - - Show Bio

Only Lee and Frank beat Quitely's depiction of Superman for me. His humanity and emotional capacity is wonderfully captured and his style is easy on the eye whilst being incredibly detailed and majestic.

#16 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

I'm surprised that guy doesn't draw more his art is incredible

He's a slow artist, from what I understand. I think it stems from him putting a lot of minute details and being concerned with panel design a lot.

#17 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: I'd love to see him draw batman/superman. He may be slow but his art is well worth the wait.

#18 Posted by modunhanul (403 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he's not good with action scenes. But I like Quitely's art.

#19 Posted by tec79 (158 posts) - - Show Bio

He is doing the art for the world inhabited by the Charlton characters (Watchmen) in Multiversity. There are a few images online for those interested in searching. A three issue arc would be great of Batman/Superman, similar to what he did on Batman and Robin. I would like to see him work on an Earth One graphic novel, he would be my choice for Earth One Justice League or Flash.

#20 Posted by TDK_1997 (14467 posts) - - Show Bio

His Superman was awesome.

#21 Edited by EmperorJosh (94 posts) - - Show Bio

As an artist myself, I feel that Franks Superman is timeless. Awe inspiring. The strongest I've ever seen Superman was in All Star Superman, but he was also his most humble and humane. That story sparked my current love for Superman. Salute to Frank Quitely

#22 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

Only Lee and Frank beat Quitely's depiction of Superman for me. His humanity and emotional capacity is wonderfully captured and his style is easy on the eye whilst being incredibly detailed and majestic.

Well said, I'd toss in Daniel as one of my top Superman artists as well.

#23 Edited by Lvenger (18394 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

Well said, I'd toss in Daniel as one of my top Superman artists as well.

He's a definite upcomer in drawing Superman. It's almost as good as his Batman work with Morrison.

#24 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

He's a definite upcomer in drawing Superman. It's almost as good as his Batman work with Morrison.

Indeed! I was so incredibly excited to see what Diggle and Daniel could've done with the character. Sadly, that will never come to pass :(

Additionally, not really as iconic as Lee or any of the others mentioned but I always adored Doug Mahnke's Superman.

#25 Posted by The_Good_Loser (236 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that an Artist name or his real name? Because i read Quite Frankly :D

#26 Edited by Billy Batson (57783 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that an Artist name or his real name? Because i read Quite Frankly :D

It's his artist name and the similarity was on purpose.

BB

#27 Edited by The_Good_Loser (236 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Edited by Lvenger (18394 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

Indeed! I was so incredibly excited to see what Diggle and Daniel could've done with the character. Sadly, that will never come to pass :(

Additionally, not really as iconic as Lee or any of the others mentioned but I always adored Doug Mahnke's Superman.

Mankhe can be on or off as an artist but his Action Comics/JLA run with Kelly was really good. His Green Lantern work is fantastic too, particularly the last issue.

#29 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@deranged_midget said:

@lvenger said:

Mankhe can be on or off as an artist but his Action Comics/JLA run with Kelly was really good. His Green Lantern work is fantastic too, particularly the last issue.

Indeed, it's sad that the rushed work he had to dish out in JLA was a little messy.

#30 Posted by Lvenger (18394 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Edited by hart7668 (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh yes. Yes indeed.

#32 Posted by consolemaster001 (4974 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeeees !!!!!!!!

#33 Edited by Dabee (2380 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's be honest, Frank Quitely's Superman isn't amazing. Frank Quitely's ANYTHING is amazing.

#34 Edited by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like Quitely's style. I won't say he's not a good artist but All-Star Superman is the only book I didn't absolutely HATE his work for some reason. He's like John Romita Jr. to me, I don't really like his art but I love his Daredevil & his Spider-Man.

#35 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

Still dreaming......please Quitely.....draw Superman again

#36 Posted by SanoHibiki (1427 posts) - - Show Bio

All-Star Superman is a masterpiece and one of the best Superman stories ever written, but I barely could stand this bloated art. Yeah, I’m in minority here.