"Felicity Regan" Suicide Jumper Batman/Superman-Preview

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jogga

Apparently "Felicity Regan"-An nod to both All-Star Superman's "Regan" and Superman: Grounded's Felicity-was assassinated by Superman's Joker.

What do you guys think?

Are you mad?

More emotionally invested now?

-Edit:Here are the Pics

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Boynerdgeek

@jogga: I HATE SUPERMAN GROUNDED AND I LOVE ALL STAR SUPERMAN.

So regarding this I give Greg Pak a pass. Seriously, this Superman's Joker is the darkest Superman story in a while

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Squalleon

. I saw it in Bleeding Cool earlier. Having read both stories I thought it was a very good nod.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman Grounded have so many problem. JMS think hey since everyone love that scene from All Star Superman lets try copy it. But the dialogue is awful. Superman just said "I will not stop you from doing that ". Seriously, JMS makes Superman looks like a jerk. That is why Morrison is better , no question

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman Grounded have so many problem. JMS think hey since everyone love that scene from All Star Superman lets try copy it. But the dialogue is awful. Superman just said "I will not stop you from doing that ". Seriously, JMS makes Superman looks like a jerk. That is why Morrison is better , no question

In the end a cop asked Superman if he would really let her fall even though he promised. Superman never answered...

I disagree with you. The JMS issues of Grounded were well done. Grounded went to hell when JMS left. And the suicide scene was very good imo. It was different than All Stars and offered a more realistic perspective but that was okay and Superman's speech was very good, the whole a better tomorrow segment was a nice part.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Boynerdgeek

@squalleon: Superman Grounded suck and terrible as story. Please look at the review please. Check out professional comics review. Superman Grounded is basically Superman Returns the movie which try to make Superman "too relatable" but at the end it makes Superman looks weak. Seriously all great Superman stories is Superman being hero and people adore him. That is kids and children love Superman in Golden and Silver Age because they want to be awesome as Superman. They don't care about want to relate to Superman. They want to be SUPERMAN

THIS IS WHY ALL STAR SUPERMAN IS GREAT BECAUSE IT FOLLOW SUPERMAN SILVER AGE FORMULA PERFECTLY

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Superman Grounded suck and terrible as story. Please look at the review please. Check out professional comics review. Superman Grounded is basically Superman Returns the movie which try to make Superman "too relatable" but at the end it makes Superman looks weak. Seriously all great Superman stories is Superman being hero and people adore him. That is kids and children love Superman in Golden and Silver Age because they want to be awesome as Superman. They don't care about want to relate to Superman. They want to be SUPERMAN

THIS IS WHY ALL STAR SUPERMAN IS GREAT BECAUSE IT FOLLOW SUPERMAN SILVER AGE FORMULA PERFECTLY

Τhose reviews are for the whole story. I am only talking about the JMS issues which are pretty enjoyable and we see a side of Superman writers tend to ingnore because it doesn't fit their Big epic space battles.

We get TOO much "awesome" lately, why can't we have and a bit of a breather from now and then. Epic story upon epic story ends up in escalation, sterilize the audience of any excitement because they get bored.

And yet Superman isn't meant only for kids. I read Superman for the character and one part of the Superman IS the "man".

Enormity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Enormity

Someone needs to sock em in the jaw, crapping over Morrison like that

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@enormity said:

I wouldn't go that far but yes, I too found it quite distasteful for Pak to use a combo of the two people Superman has saved from committing suicide in the past to be sullied as a common murder victim in his own story. For a self proclaimed Superman fan, Pak made the wrong call there in my book. Especially considering that the All Star Superman suicide scene is not only one of the most emotional Superman moments, if not moments in comics altogether, but it's also helped stop real people from committing suicide. Pak is undercutting and undermining Superman's inspirational foundations here and I wholly do not approve of it.

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:
@enormity said:

I wouldn't go that far but yes, I too found it quite distasteful for Pak to use a combo of the two people Superman has saved from committing suicide in the past to be sullied as a common murder victim in his own story. For a self proclaimed Superman fan, Pak made the wrong call there in my book. Especially considering that the All Star Superman suicide scene is not only one of the most emotional Superman moments, if not moments in comics altogether, but it's also helped stop real people from committing suicide. Pak is undercutting and undermining Superman's inspirational foundations here and I wholly do not approve of it.

I'm torn.

On one hand, it's not the same person so it's not like Superman's joker actually killed Felicity or Regan.

On the other hand, this is the suicide Jumper Superman helped save in the New 52. This is Felicity AND Morgan combined. I honestly feel that he's just using their rep as a cheap way to make us emotionally invested.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

They still have funerals in the DCU? Given how many people must die whenever Joker or Darkseid or Sinestro attacks, you'd think everyone would've just said "f*ck it".

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@jogga said:

@lvenger said:
@enormity said:

I'm torn.

On one hand, it's not the same person so it's not like Superman's joker actually killed Felicity or Regan.

On the other hand, this is the suicide Jumper Superman helped save in the New 52. This is Felicity AND Morgan combined. I honestly feel that he's just using their rep as a cheap way to make us emotionally invested.

The latter is exactly what I feel about this move. It's cheap emotional investment which isn't usually Pak's forte. He's much better at crafting emotional moments than this but his Marvel work is vastly superior to his current DC work IMO. I just haven't been as invested in Action Comics as I was in his Hulk or Hercules run.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They still have funerals in the DCU? Given how many people must die whenever Joker or Darkseid or Sinestro attacks, you'd think everyone would've just said "f*ck it".

Celebrity>>>>>Normal People. It's how it works in the real world too

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

@amazingwebhead said:

Celebrity>>>>>Normal People. It's how it works in the real world too

Loading Video...

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was crazy and awesome scene wonder what the guy well do next. Also always thought superman joker was 90's cliche lobo

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Update- She ain't dead