• 68 results
Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Perezite

Why doesn't anyone love the scene where Zod was revealed to be just an English junkie actor?

Junkie?

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

Superman fight with Zod

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Can I just keep pretending to be your son?"

"You are my son"

symbiotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By symbiotic

"Can I just keep pretending to be your son?"

"You are my son"

That was one of my favorite emotional scenes. The other was "you think you can threaten my mother" which was a great emotional and action scene.

The faora fight was my favorite action scene.

josai21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Action: When Clark killed Zod. The implications of that for future movies are staggering.

Emotional: Honestly this is more because of my own past as a person with Asperger's syndrome, but when Clark was in the school closet as a child. I've felt that way before. Not seeing through people's skin mind you, but the overwhelming panic attack of so many senses all at once. I felt that scene was very well done.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#56  Edited By jumpstart55

My favorite is the part when Superman kills Zod, not because I particularly liked the act of killing . But because Superman saw how there was absolutely no hope of redemption for Zod and did the responsible thing and put Zod out of his misery. And not to mention this was a young inexperienced Superman who just getting a taste of his first real threat And the fact that he showed remorse for what he had done just made the whole thing even more cinematically pleasing. This is to me what separates Superman from Batman, Superman will kill when he absolutely has to and has positively no other choice at all, Batman will never kill even when faced with foes as deadly as the Joker. People who complain about Supes killing Zod more than likely aren't true fans of Superman, and probably haven't read that many issues of Superman to begin with. Namely every single Rotten Tomatoes movie Critic, who thinks the entire Superman mythos consist only of the Richard Donner/Christopher Reeves Universe. I absolutely loved Man of Steel, it was near perfect in my opinion.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite is the part when Superman kills Zod, not because I particularly liked the act of killing . But because Superman saw how there was absolutely no hope of redemption for Zod and did the responsible thing and put Zod out of his misery. And not to mention this was a young inexperienced Superman who just getting a taste of his first real threat And the fact that he showed remorse for what he had done just made the whole thing even more cinematically pleasing. This is to me what separates Superman from Batman, Superman will kill when he absolutely has to and has positively no other choice at all, Batman will never kill even when faced with foes as deadly as the Joker. People who complain about Supes killing Zod more than likely aren't true fans of Superman, and probably haven't read that many issues of Superman to begin with. Namely every single Rotten Tomatoes movie Critic, who thinks the entire Superman mythos consist only of the Richard Donner/Christopher Reeves Universe. I absolutely loved Man of Steel, it was near perfect in my opinion.

You need some armour, mate... I smell some Silver Age wankers coming for you... Beware... They are rabid!

Agha1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Have not seen it yet but it looks fantastic!

Am watching it Today!

Ticket costs $12!

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#59  Edited By jumpstart55

@jumpstart55 said:

You need some armour, mate... I smell some Silver Age wankers coming for you... Beware... They are rabid!

lol

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By SandMan_

@ssejllenrad said:

That hidden scene where he burned a lot if Rotten Tomato critics to the ground for being whinny b*itches that can't let go of the past. Seriously, he saved the world a million times over in that clip.

Haha, I wish. This movie was my last straw with the RT critics. What a bunch of hacks. They don't give it a good rating unless it includes a metaphor involving a balloon.

Gotta say my favorite scene was when he first started to fly (right before falling on his face.) I loved the smile, the pure bliss, especially after several nervous months of expecting a brooding, depressive Superman.

Also loved it when Col. Hardy finally got to take Faora down. "A good death is its own reward...b*tch."

I never saw a depressing Superman in the movie.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By Kal'smahboi

@sandman_ said:

@kal_smahboi said:

@ssejllenrad said:

That hidden scene where he burned a lot if Rotten Tomato critics to the ground for being whinny b*itches that can't let go of the past. Seriously, he saved the world a million times over in that clip.

Haha, I wish. This movie was my last straw with the RT critics. What a bunch of hacks. They don't give it a good rating unless it includes a metaphor involving a balloon.

Gotta say my favorite scene was when he first started to fly (right before falling on his face.) I loved the smile, the pure bliss, especially after several nervous months of expecting a brooding, depressive Superman.

Also loved it when Col. Hardy finally got to take Faora down. "A good death is its own reward...b*tch."

I never saw a depressing Superman in the movie.

I know, it was a huge relief. I think they portrayed him very well, and I loved Cavill in the role.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kal_smahboi: Cavill, Shannon, Crowe and the chick that played Faora are the best parts in the movie.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Man so many. Okay here go

Emotional: I have to say Jonathan kents death really tugged at me. I actually had tears in my eyes. Kevin Costner delivered his lines in such a amazing way that he made me actually sympathise with him.

Second emotional: Lara watching the destruction of krypton. That scene along with Hans Zimmer's beautiful soundtrack was incredible.

Action: The fight between Superman and faora and Nam-Ek was incredible. That fight was amazing. Such a incredible blend of comic book action made it phenomenal. Especially when Nam-ek through a train a supes. So good.

Second would have to be the Zod superman fight. The fight was incredible and especially when Zod gained his flight power. Loved the part when Zod threw a satellite at him.

Whoa. That's me done.

Edit: Adding one more action scene.

I enjoyed the oil rig scene. It was one of those times that reminds me that superman never fails to impress. I know a alot of people say Supes never saved anyone but he saved those workers. Plus loved the stress you could see on his face as he struggled to lift the weight.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Jonathan seeing a young Clark playing at the Kent farm wearing the cape. SO TOUCHING!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Faora combo braker

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I really like when he learns to fly. "In time, they will join you in the sun"

thetonester89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The entire movie was well done in my opinion. I enjoyed everything and it's difficult to pick only one scene. I am going with Zod's last speech about how he was created to be a soldier. Everything he ever did was for the benefit of his race and Superman took away the last chance of Kryptonians being regenerated. Zod's existence became meaningless at that moment. There really was no soul left in him. Killing him was a blessing.

Avatar image for darkknightmare28
Darkknightmare28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite Action scene: Is definetly the Faora & Nam-Ek Vs. Superman fight. (Any scene with Faora was my favorite). I also liked the Zod vs. superman fight. The World engine scenes were exciting.

Favorite Emotional scenes: Lara Lor-Van watching Krypton being destroyed. Supes learning how to fly. The young clark flashbacks. Jonathan kent's death. When Jenny was trapped and Perry was trying to help. When Clark arrived at the Daily Planet. I really liked how they saved it untill the very end! But the overall emotional scene was when Superman was yelling after.... You know *crack*. It was a powerful scene. The movie was amazing!

I really hope the sequel has some powerful scenes like this. We'll find out next year... Or 2015. Guess we'll find out at San Diego Comic Con this year :)