Favorite scene in Man Of Steel

• 68 results
UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Spoilers will abound so those who haven't seen it yet, you've been warned.

So now that the movie's out and i think a good deal of us have seen it and weve gotten peoples reactions to it on the site both good and bad, i thought it wld be nice to share what everyones favorite scene or scenes were. not really a reaction thread,there are already like 4 of those

So it will be split into two- emotional and action.

so my favorite action scenes are i think everything with faora in it.She was surprisingly good. I really liked her very Flash-esque movements while battling the soldiers and then while kicking Supes's teeth in.

also in the superman zod fight,i loved that part where we see in the trailers,we're on supermans back n hes speeding towards zod and punching him that looked and felt really cool and then the part where zod DBZ style catches supermans cape and spins him around then hurtles him through like 4 or 5 buildings,that was just straight out of a comic book and was so awesome!!

Onto what my favorite emotional scenes were-

Jonathans death, it didnt strike the right cord with some people but seeing that sacrifice he made to make his sons life easier i mean i loved all the scenes with jonathan but in that moment u realize that oh man this guy is really serious about doing anything for the good of his family

Zods death. i wish it was fleshed out more,but the emotion on clarks face in that moment the realization of what is now completely lost to him and what he had to do spoke volumes.

and Supes reaction when his Mom's in danger!! hot damn!! i think we can All relate with that,only he's a 1000 times stronger so it looked cooler but that was really humanizing.

so those are My favorite scenes i liked some more,i didnt like a few but these are the scenes that stood out for me. So......what do you think? (see what i did there)......share some of ur fav scenes.

Avatar image for cellophaneshield
cellophaneshield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Favorite action: Definitely the Faora/Non and Supes battle. It was VERY well done and if you can keep your mind off of how much property damage they're racking up I'd call it one of the more enjoyable action scenes of any superman movie. I also really loved the world engine scenes, that effect with the cars parked around it was really just awesome to watch.

Favorite Emotional: I actually had 3. The Krypton scene with Lara watching the destruction of the planet, Jonathan's sacrificing himself to keep Clark's secret, and Clark's reaction to having to kill Zod to save innocents.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Gah-Damn so many!

My favorite was probably the scene where he first conquers flight. Just the sheer exhilaration of seeing Superman learn how to fly, just that unparalleled freedom and the look of wonder on his face. Seeing him generate sonic booms and soar across oceans and continents before soaring across space. I mean, this is a moment we've been waiting for for so long - Superman flying in a modern context. It's also the first 'wow' depiction of his powers - definitely a one that had me by the heart.

tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cellophaneshield: He is called Nam-Ek in this I don't think Non was in the film.

And my favorite action scenes are Jor-El vs Zod and Supes vs Zod.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That hidden scene where he burned a lot if Rotten Tomato critics to the ground for being whinny b*itches that can't let go of the past. Seriously, he saved the world a million times over in that clip.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

When he discover who he really is and goes out dressed like Supes was so freaking epic.

Superman vs Zod and his comrades was amazing too.

Death of Jonathan Kent was a bit shocking, really well done.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SmashBrawler

The ending. My God, what a perfect scene. Loved every second of it (and when I say the ending I mean the Daily Planet).

Second favorite would be Zod's death and the third spot would go to when he learns how to fly. Honorable mention goes to the Christopher Reeve homage.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Favorite action: Faora/Nam and Superman. Lois and Jor El escaping the ship.

Favorite emotional: Jonathan telling supes not to save him. The ending. And when Clark went to see his mother.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Favorite Action: Superman vs. Zod. The. Entire. Freaking. Thing.

Favorite Emotional: Superman being forced to kill Zod.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By z3ro180

@ultimatesmfan: Jon didn't die to make his sons life easier he died so his son wouldn't expose himself

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180: exactly, and by not exposing himself he wouldn't make his life complicated,hence making it easier. Basically,and its even in the movie,jon believed and even told clark that when he is ready when he learns what he is and why he is, he shld reveal himself, anyway that scene really got to me.

PurpleCandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Haven't read a reply yet. I haven't seen the movie, but I will soon. My new work schedule is killing me

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That hidden scene where he burned a lot if Rotten Tomato critics to the ground for being whinny b*itches that can't let go of the past. Seriously, he saved the world a million times over in that clip.

125 Million over the weekend baby!!!! Yeah!!!

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@purplecandy: Ya,try to avoid spoilers,go into it with a fresh outlook. You'll appreciate it more.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#15 vance_astro  Moderator

The scene when I realized his effin chest hair was hanging out of his costume...

pause

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Faora and her super speed epicness....flash movie take notes.

Clark vs Faora and ...Non?

cute moments:
"I like your suit son"
"Thanks mom"

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17 the_stegman  Moderator

The Smallville fight between Superman and Faora/Non? Jax-Ur? whoever the big guy was. It was brilliant, and Faora using her speed the way she did made me squeal.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Faora stole every scene she was in. My girlfriend loved her. Jonathan's death was a real gut punch. I liked that scene. I also really liked Lois finding out who Superman was so early in the movie. It kind of sells her character short if she's the Planet's #1 reporter and she's fooled by a pair of glasses.

dbatdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The scene where Superman is hovering over.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssejllenrad said:

125 Million over the weekend baby!!!! Yeah!!!

And that's just American domestic.

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@smashbrawler: homage? Like I needed another reason to go watch this......

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By Deranged Midget

@z3ro180 said:

@ultimatesmfan: Jon didn't die to make his sons life easier he died so his son wouldn't expose himself

More accurate description would be that Clark allowed his father to die to prove that he trusted his judgement and his intentions for Clark. That alone struck an immense emotional cord.

The more and more I think about it, I can't help but realize how well done the Zod scene was at the end. It took away all that PIS nonsense from the comics and put Clark in a position where he's basically almost never been before.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have to say, just got back from the movie and it was great.

Favorite action scene was easily Kal vs. Zod. I loved how they set it up that Superman had no choice but to kill Zod, he couldn't do anything about it. I liked how they had Zod take off the armor so he could maneuver better and fly. Plus who didn't like the Wayne Enterprise logo on the satellite Kal punched Zod into.

Favorite emotional scene was probably Mrs. Kent going to see Clark at school because his powers have gone haywire, and he doesn't know who to fully control them yet.

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By JLDoom

Favorite action scene: Superman vs Zod, obviously. Not only is it the most spectacular slugfest ever seen in a comic book movie (and probably any movie period) but it also has a different atmosphere than the other fights in the film, especially when you know Zod is going to die.

Favorite emotional scene: I found the scene when Jor-El and Lara say their goodbyes to Kal very touching especially because of the music.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite part of the movie was the entire movie.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@ssejllenrad said:

Haha, I wish. This movie was my last straw with the RT critics. What a bunch of hacks. They don't give it a good rating unless it includes a metaphor involving a balloon.

Gotta say my favorite scene was when he first started to fly (right before falling on his face.) I loved the smile, the pure bliss, especially after several nervous months of expecting a brooding, depressive Superman.

Also loved it when Col. Hardy finally got to take Faora down. "A good death is its own reward...b*tch."

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why doesn't anyone love the scene where Zod was revealed to be just an English junkie actor?

Avatar image for nightcrawler358
NightCrawler358

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All the Superman fights were awesome, favourite specific moment was when Non soccer kicks Superman over to Faora who clotheslines him, then they like curb stomp him, just really fast and brutal.

Favourite emotional moment and overall moment is the "can't I keep pretending to be your son?" exchange, though I loved pretty much every scene with Pa Kent.

Parental moments + actions scenes were great, rest of the movie... ehh... this isn't the place.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

Faora stole every scene she was in.

This is what I came here to say.

I also really loved the epilogue/Daily Planet scene -- basically a hint of what some of the critics clearly were expecting more of. Reminded me a lot of the new Tomb Raider: a finale which suddenly felt incredibly familiar, but also very much earned by what preceded it.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget: you really do feel bad for Clark after he does it. Not only was he forced to kill Zod but he is literally the last of his kind now.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Veshark

@z3ro180 said:

@deranged_midget: you really do feel bad for Clark after he does it. Not only was he forced to kill Zod but he is literally the last of his kind now.

Wait, wasn't the rest of Zod's army thrown back into the P-Zone? So he's not technically the last of his kind.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: yeah but let's be honest their ship was destroyed so there is no way they are getting out.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

@veshark: yeah but let's be honest their ship was destroyed so there is no way they are getting out.

Don't know about that, but either way, I'm sure the Zone still has other Kryptonian prisoners from the past.

allend4bbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Action scene: When he overcomes the gravity of the world changer.

Emotional scene: When Pa Kent dies and Clark doesn't save him and a close second is after he kills Zod.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

@z3ro180 said:

Wait, wasn't the rest of Zod's army thrown back into the P-Zone? So he's not technically the last of his kind.

Yeah, all the remaining Kryptonians were sucked back into the Phantom Zone. Obviously, we don't know if Clark was able to repair his "Fortress of Solitude" or how they'll handle that in upcoming films.

Directed towards Zero, that's what made the Zod scene so powerful. Zod was out of control but he only wanted the best for Krypton, Clark had no other way of stopping him and was forced to finish him off, cutting off his last connection to his people. My heart was pounding during the entire scene when I watched the film a second time.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget: That Zod sence man tears dude and the bit when Clark just falls to the ground and screams in rage over something he did not wont to do but had to do....all the feels.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman vs. Optimus Prime simulation!
Superman vs. Optimus Prime simulation!

Arinya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38  Edited By Arinya

The whole film was gorgeous. Snyder's good. I'm torn over my favorite scene which was Pa Kent's death. I didn't like how that was set up. He died saving the dog. Stoopid, but the significance of his death and the bond of trust between Jonathan and Clark was very emotional.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

My favorite scene had to be when he first flew. Seeing Superman fly through mountains, then through Africa, and through space, combined with Hans Zimmer's "Flight" was just majestic.

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

That Zod sence man tears dude and the bit when Clark just falls to the ground and screams in rage over something he did not wont to do but had to do....all the feels.

Most definitely, it was a very powerful scene. I just wish they didn't jump to humour so quickly in the next scene. Kind of took away all the emotion that it built up.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Eternal19

The death of Zod.

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Anything with Zod in it. "I WILL FIND HIM!"

SlickDazeD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Favorite Scene: Zod And Faora Vs Superman in the town. Favorite Part of scene: Where Faora was at 4 places at one time when fighting the soldiers . ( btw who was that guy superman was fighting with Faora, it didnt look like zod to me)

Favorite Emotional Scene(s): Where the plane kamikaze's into the alien space ship "A good death is it's own reward". And when superman was at the bottom of the gravity suction and he skyrockets to the sky with every cell and strength in his body and completey obliterates the machine.

dbatdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where he was save by Aquaman's whales.

czechoslovakia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The last two minutes of course

DigbyKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite part was any part Faora was on screen. She is Super sexy.

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ha!