Does Superman have any political views...

• 54 results
Avatar image for the_greatest_green_lantern
The_Greatest_Green_Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Superman in recent years has become a total bleeding heart and a real wimp. Abandoning America because Iran threw a temper tantrum, give me a break! What's Superman afraid of? That they'll launch a nuke? Superman could easily fly it into the sun. The idea that states like Iran and North Korea could exist with the Justice League around is stretching credulity. The only explanation is that Superman is either,

A) Muslim and therefore sympathizes with Iran

Or B) inexplicably afraid of small nuclear weapons.

McDerpyson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By McDerpyson

Out of the two (liberal and conservative), he'd fall more on the line of conservative. But truthfully, Superman should NOT actively participate in politics at all. Superman should be a Champion of Moral Exceptionalism(not a word, but I think you get my point lol). He should be the sheer example of humanity being able to help one another without having to serve ones own ends (He is basically the antithesis of the survival of the fittest mentality).

With that being said, Action Comic #900 is F+_++:g dumb... The American Way not mattering to Supes character?? REALLY?? Could you image if Kal El's spaceship landed in the middle of a Taliban camp?? Supes would have heat visoned America with an intensity that would make the omega beams look like tears. He would have imposed his will on every corner of the planet (maybe the universe). Killed off the justice league starting with Wonder Woman by eating her heart, in front of her face, while she is still alive. And he would have forced Lois to be his concubine...

It really was just a marketing gimmick and nothing else to bring in more "enlightened" kids. I mean, Superman has always been a world hero. Its just that having the American values that has made America into the freest country on earth (which is something that America right now REALLY needs) gives him guidance and makes him more likely to be a nicer guy (more willing to talk things out first than use his power) but also more willing to make a stand against tyranny. With all the problems America has right now, we are far from a positive America. But to say we are the worst in the world... mates and miladies... you really don't know much about the world...

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Always

USMCMadHatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I may not know all the specifics about the many comics written on Superman, but I'm thinking he a Libertarian.

I liked one of the other previous members assertion that he is more closely to a social liberal, and economically conservative.

And I would think this is most closely to Libertarian, considering Superman - as one other member asserted - that Superman is for liberty to go anywhere, anytime, without requiring approval, or to own property without government approval.

All of these view points or opinions, I agree with.

He is as much human as he is alien. Raised in Kansas, with conservative principles, but a slight socially liberal empathy for others. And I'm sure his beliefs go even deeper.

Don't be fooled by any shenanigans from far leftwing progressive writers, or writers bowing down to CRT or anything that would suggest division or segregation - which is regressive, not progressive, but that's the actual repercussions coming from these progressive Marxist teachings.

Cause and effect, ya know?

I would think Superman would recognize the need for acknowledgement, by those who refuse to acknowledge certain hard topics like racism. Which Superman is definitely against.

But I don't think he would approve of segregation in schools, etc...

All that aside... I am currently watching an episode of Superman & Lois. SE1 E4 I think...

Superman's two son's have been faced with life changes since moving from Metropolis, to Super dad's hometown of Smallville, Kansas.

He has two sons, one a gifted football player for his old HS football team, and the other a socially awkward son who begins to develope certain Kryptonian powers.

He's getting bullied in school, but is - rightfully so - expected to suppress his powers, to stay under the radar, and also to not lose control and hurt someone.

So to stop the bullying, he joins the new HS football team to get a little payback. But he keeps it under control. However, he's still stealing the show from his actually athletic and talented brother.

While playing catch with the boys, the athletic son has some small talk with Superdad about how this was suppose to be his thing, and now he's on the bench, and his developing super brother gets the game ball.

Superdad tells him... "It's not like he's taking over the whole team". "There's room for you to step up".

End of discussion... And that's a conservative Dad's logic.

It's the little things, not just the big political topics.

A liberal father would have his super son quit the team, or downplay his abilities to make it fair for the other son.