Does anybody want to see Subject Zero again?

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Does anybody want to see Subject Zero again? (20 votes)

Yes,why not? I'd love to see an enemy which has taken inspiration from the dbz universe 65%
Oh hell no,Superman vs Goku...again? 35%

He appeared in a really nice miny series called "Project : Superman",made up by just 3 comics which was written by Scott Snyder. Project Zero was the main and only Superman's antagonist in the flashpoit universe and at the beginning (thirty years before to the events of flashpoint) he was a young soldier called Neil Sinclair who volunteered to become the first America Super-Soldier and The Military's First Line of Defense against the extraterrestrial threat. The Military Project was known as Project: Superman and was under the command of General sam Lane. Project: Superman grafted extraterrestrial DNA to Sinclair's own DNA as a result it transformed him into Subject Zero which gave him an entire arsenal of powers:super strength,super speed,x-ray vision ,the ability to store and discharge all kind of energies and the ability to adapt.He was quite a beast,really.

Neil Sinclair quickly began to develop superpowers and quickly grew above and beyond what was originally expected. But as a result of his powers growing more rapidly Neil Sinclair began to lose control and his handlers at who experimented on him in a lab for years had a harder time keeping him under control. Neil Sinclair began to keep to himself more and in isolation he started to fray at the edges of becoming power hungry.

As a result of these changes Neil Sinclair started to go rogue disobeying order eventually he was caught and locked down in a vault. Until one day he managed to escape and his sole goal was to kill every methauman on the planet in order to make the whole world a better place: of course this put him against Superman who could defeat him in the end by using his own energies against him.

Here you are some images of this guy:

What do you guys think about this character? Do you like him? Do you wish to see him again in the new-52 universe?I doubt it will ever happen,but with convergence you may never know, still i am curios to see your opinion ,i personally will like to see him put against a more mature and powerful version of Superman and i think he can really be a nice and out of the box addition to the Superman's foes,he for sure is something different.

• 
Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah definitely, but they should give him golden hair lol

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By toptom

@buttersdaman000 said:

Yeah definitely, but they should give him golden hair lol

Kakaro....ah-ehm!.....KAAL-EEL!

That sounds better :P

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Izaiah

For what it's worth, both CV and Wikipedia seem to regard Neil Sinclair as Flashpoint's version of Apollo.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@izaiah: yeah i've noticed that too, it is probably an error

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kinda reminds me of a living World Engine. And his powers are pretty cool, I say bring him on.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

Jiraiya

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@undefined:

Actually him showing up or DC using him again is pretty much out of the question.

Remember that what allowed him to become subject zero, was that the military found Doomsday body, and while they tried to awaken him from his slumber, Doomsday never reacted to any stimuli. So has an alternative they used Doomsday dna to graft it to human dna, and see what would happen.

The major problem is that Doomsday in the N52 timeline has been altered. He's no longer the same. If they tried to use current Doomsday dna on a human being, one of two things would happen, either the person would die because of the null-field that the dna emits or the human in question would start to transform into Doomsday.

So having all this info at hand, we can pretty much conclude that Subject Zero is not gonna appear.

Not unless they change his origin story. And instead of using Doomsday dna, they could use a mixture of Superman dna with kryptonite, inject that altered kryptonian dna into a human being and from it, a new Subject Zero being born.

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Not unless they change his origin story. And instead of using Doomsday dna, they could use a mixture of Superman dna with kryptonite, inject that altered kryptonian dna into a human being and from it, a new Subject Zero being born.

Sounds a bit like Superman X/Kell-El from the Legion of Super Heroes animated series.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Am I the only one who doesn't see any connection to Broly whatsoever? It's clearly more of an Apollo/Captain Atom inspired Flashpoint villain than a Broly like villain. Also, seeing what Snyder did for Subject Zero makes me realise what kind of villain he thinks is best suited for Superman to fight, especially considering how he wrote Wraith in Superman Unchained. But it seems Subject Zero got more proper development in 3 issues than Wraith did in 9, that's a little annoying due to Wraith's potential in the Superman mythos, both as a tenuous mentor and dangerously powerful foe.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@izaiah:

Yes, it does. But what can I say, if they really wanted to bring subject zero back, then the origin story would've to be changed.

Using Doomsday dna is no longer an option, so for him to have the same powers he had, that were so similar to those of a kryptonian, then the logic action would be to do what I've said in the previous post or, if you think the kryptonian dna was too much, they could have a team of scientists create purely from different isotopes of kryptonite, a new altogether dna strand, that because it was made from kryptonite it would give the human subject similar powers to those of a kryptonian.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

This subject zero character sounds very interesting.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SanoHibiki

Let’s see. Bigger in stature than Superman; long hair; Kryptonian-like abilities and in some fields even more advanced; some ties to Superman’s lore – in that regard both Subject Zero and H’El look similar to me. Not in their character development or motivation, more about lines of superficial similarity and power set than anything else.

@heavenlydarkdragon:

If they tried to use current Doomsday dna on a human being, one of two things would happen, either the person would die because of the null-field that the dna emits or the human in question would start to transform into Doomsday.

Fairly sure it will be first option, since Doomed indicated that person should be on Superman’s level of invulnerability/durability to even survive long enough to start D-infection.

if they really wanted to bring subject zero back, then the origin story would've to be changed.

In New-52 role of government’ super soldier was played by Wraith, now that he met his end, military might decide to start new Super soldier program. I’m sure they still have some probes of Wraith DNA, it will be nice alternative to Doomsday’ DNA plus much more likely source to give abilities similar to Superman’.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki: He seems more similar to Wraith in motivations and character development (without Wraith's sacrifice at the end) but where's the similarities to H'El? As for The Machine making a new Super Soldier from Wraith's DNA, wouldn't the government have shut them down now that Lois wrote her article exposing The Machine's activities and actions? Can't have a secret government facility if everyone knows it exists.

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I must have been living under a rock cause this is the first time I'm hearing of this.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SanoHibiki

@lvenger:

He seems more similar to Wraith in motivations and character development (without Wraith's sacrifice at the end) but where's the similarities to H'El?

I probably didn’t express myself clear, sorry. H’El and Subject Zero – they’re both very tall, with long hair and pale skin plus with what appear to be more advanced Kryptonian-like powers. That’s just superficial external resemblance, nothing more (even then it might be only me who sees it like that). In terms of motivation and character’ concept – yep, you’re right, Subject Zero and Wraith are pretty similar.

As for The Machine making a new Super Soldier from Wraith's DNA, wouldn't the government have shut them down now that Lois wrote her article exposing The Machine's activities and actions? Can't have a secret government facility if everyone knows it exists.

I didn’t say that it supposed to be exactly The Machine:) I’m sure that there are plenty of secret government agencies in DCU and since Lois wrote her article, they also became aware of Wraith’ existence. His DNA is too valuable resource to waste (even talking about Superman, how many times his DNA has been experimented on by how many different people), so through their channels they somehow obtained some of it and started their experiments in creating Supersoldiers.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki: It does make me realise what kind of foes Snyder thinks are right for Superman to face. Considering how alike Wraith and Subject Zero are alike in origins, motivations and even powersets, it's no wonder Snyder wrote Wraith the way he did.

True, you're right to point out that there's an abundance of secret government facilities in the DCU and it's not inconceivable that they could acquire Wraith's DNA from The Machine headquarters. I would like something from Snyder's Unchained run to continue into New 52 continuity. But unfortunately, it seems that Superman Unchained is treated as a "technically canon, but not really referenced" story in the New 52.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By toptom

@lvenger said:

Am I the only one who doesn't see any connection to Broly whatsoever? It's clearly more of an Apollo/Captain Atom inspired Flashpoint villain than a Broly like villain. Also, seeing what Snyder did for Subject Zero makes me realise what kind of villain he thinks is best suited for Superman to fight, especially considering how he wrote Wraith in Superman Unchained. But it seems Subject Zero got more proper development in 3 issues than Wraith did in 9, that's a little annoying due to Wraith's potential in the Superman mythos, both as a tenuous mentor and dangerously powerful foe.

Yes his origins totally remind of Apollo or Captain Atom,or every other super being who was ever made in a lab,but his appearance is clearly inspired to the dbz characters, that's why people are comparing him to Broly or Goku.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toptom said:

@lvenger said:

Yes his origins totally remind of Apollo or Captain Atom,or every other super being who was ever made in a lab,but his appearance is clearly inspired to the dbz characters, that's why people are comparing him to Broly or Goku.

Eh I don't know, has Snyder commented on this yet?

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By toptom

@lvenger said:

@toptom said:

@lvenger said:

Eh I don't know, has Snyder commented on this yet?

No and i doubt he will ever comment on those 3 comics,they were published in the 2011 and they are quite unknow to almost everyone (that's why i have made this thread).

Still,even without a comment from Snyder or Gene Ha (the artist) it is quite clear where they have taken inspiration,besides the hair there are many similarities with the characters from dragonball: Subject Zero at the beginning wasn't as strong as he was at the end of the story,but as his powers continued to grow so did his hair,more or less like the changes that has goku when he powers up,then in Project Superman # 1 we can see that he has even some chinese characters tatooed on his back. Then last but not least his energy attacks reminds a lot the ones of dbz

No Caption Provided

Zandalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice! he seems to be a fusion between Goku and Zod! really really cool character

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toptom: Wow, you drew that? That's amazing!

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SanoHibiki

@toptom:

Check Supes' newest costume; it even simpler to draw :P

You must really like concept of Subject Zero's character. Thanks for sharing with us, cool picture.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By toptom

@unbreakable_fs4 said:

@toptom: Wow, you drew that? That's amazing!

yes,thanks!

@sanohibiki said:

@toptom:

Check Supes' newest costume; it even simpler to draw :P

You must really like concept of Subject Zero's character. Thanks for sharing with us, cool picture.

yeah...maybe even too much simpler. :/

Then yes i like this character very much,but i don't like him more than a doomsday or a darkseid,mostly i just wanted to try to drawing him for the first time,then dc changed the superman's suit and of course i wanted to do the same for him,so here you are this drawing.