Do all Kryptonians have the same powers?

• 61 results
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Gambit1024

Like if a few of them landed on Earth, would they all have the same powers as Superman or does it depend on different factors?

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Magian

Well during the New Krypton incident I think all of them displayed the same abilities. With some exceptions IIRC.

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

Over the years they change
reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By reactor

By most accounts - especially modern times - all Kryptonains universally have the same powers under a yellow sun.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By AtPhantom
@comicdude23 said:
" Over the years they change "
What? No they don't. At best they get a little stronger because they can absorb a bit more sunlight, just like any part of your body you train regularly will naturally become stronger. This is barely noticeable. Hardly some massive change that alters their abilities in any significant way.
Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Over time they get stronger as long as they're under a yellow sun.  They can display more powers under a blue sun, I think only 1 power has been shown under that sun and that was Superman Vision.  And if they stay inside a sun for a million years they get really stronger.

Avatar image for batflasharrow96
batflasharrow96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By batflasharrow96

Superman could be stronger than others because he has been exposed to the yellow sun since he was an infant and through all that time ha could be more powerful than the rest. I know that some of them have been able stand toe to toe with superman but superman would have been weaker as a child because the exposure to the sun would take a while to effect him since he was a child and his body wouldnt have had a sun to be used to. Other kryptonians would have powers very much the same as superman's but that is at a grounded level while superman is getting stronger and stronger over time. That is why he gets stronger the older he is while other kryptonians will stay at a decent level.

Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Valtot

depends what you mean, superman has powers only 2 kryptonians every displayed like phasing and invisiblity via speed vibrating. But ye superman has a bigger set of powers as hes developed super intelligence after he re-gained his powers meaning more powers for him than any other kryptonian. Kryptonians also have to learn to use there abilities as they wont know they exist for certain ones like electromagnetic vision as theyd need to be taught. Oh and theres superman seeing souls which no one else displayed also. But ye the longer there in yellow sunlight the more powerful as shown when superman from dc 1 million had wondered the universe learning new powers and such.

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@AtPhantom said:
" @comicdude23 said:
" Over the years they change "
What? No they don't. At best they get a little stronger because they can absorb a bit more sunlight, just like any part of your body you train regularly will naturally become stronger. This is barely noticeable. Hardly some massive change that alters their abilities in any significant way. "

read the DC One Million series and look at Superman One Million, not Prime One Million
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AtPhantom

Superman one Million is barely Kryptonian.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By MrDirector786

I'm pretty sure they all have the same powers. Just the degree changes depending on how long they've been exposed to yellow sunlight.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Magian

Could someone tell what happens to Superman's powers under an orange sun?

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AtPhantom
@ComicMan24 said:
" Could someone tell what happens to Superman's powers under an orange sun? "
Never observed to my knowledge. My guess is they'd become weaker and possibly lose some of their powers like heat vision and freeze breath.
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Magian
@AtPhantom said:
" @ComicMan24 said:
" Could someone tell what happens to Superman's powers under an orange sun? "
Never observed to my knowledge. My guess is they'd become weaker and possibly lose some of their powers like heat vision and freeze breath. "
I see. Thanks.
Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Valtot
@ComicMan24:
happened in silver age he got a little weaker than under a blue sun hes powers magnifies and gains new ones, under a white star in theory he turns into god lol
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Magian
@Valtot said:
" @ComicMan24: happened in silver age he got a little weaker than under a blue sun hes powers magnifies and gains new ones, under a white star in theory he turns into god lol "
Thanks.
Madaratillman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Madaratillman

No I think only members of their main family

In superman unbound a robot shot a dart on a string at supermans forehead and nothing happened but later on you see a flashback and the darts are going through the kryptonian heads

heads

A swell as

On there planet they were shorting little guns and running slowly not flying at the speed of light and shooting lasers out of there eyes

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They all have the exact same powers,only difference is in level of solar enrgy absorption and skill with the powers.

Mutations like superman blue,lor zod,and superboy are very specific incidents.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Yup ! Except for the mutated ones

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

Under the same solar radiation, they all possess the same powers.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New 52 has many kryptonian survivors like Supergirl, Phantom Zone Villains, Kandor, etc. similar to the silver age so we should learn more about the similar powers in months to come. Legion also features Daxam which is also similar to Krypton. Mon-El of Daxam also has similar powers to Kryptonians.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No I think only members of their main family

In superman unbound a robot shot a dart on a string at supermans forehead and nothing happened but later on you see a flashback and the darts are going through the kryptonian heads

heads

A swell as

On there planet they were shorting little guns and running slowly not flying at the speed of light and shooting lasers out of there eyes

thats because on their planet they are as strong as humans. superman only has strength under a yellow sun, theirs is red. You watched the movie, didnt you notice when he went to kandor he couldn't fly anymore? He was losing his powers.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By colonyofcells

In games, tv and movies, all kryptonians tend to have the same powers when they are on earth. The upcoming Man of Steel movie features many kryptonians like Zod, Faora, etc and they should all have similar powers as superman. If Faora has better fighting skills, Superman can easily lose to Faora.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#25  Edited By Black_Claw

All of them have the same powers once you put them under a yellow sun. Superman just looks like the strongest because he simply has more experience with his powers.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All of them have the same powers once you put them under a yellow sun. Superman just looks like the strongest because he simply has more experience with his powers.

more experience not mean more stronger....please...

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

@black_claw said:

more experience not mean more stronger....please...

I didn't say that more experience means he's stronger. I said that because he's more experienced with his powers, it simply gives the impression that he's stronger when in actuality all Kryptonians are equal in strength under a yellow sun.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for hillbillymorangie
HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hehe as a astrophysicist this hurts my brain, but surely whatever causes Supermans powers must effect his race in the same way, maybe DC should do a comic about a Kryptonians kid that ends up on a planet orbiting a blue star (Blue is as hot as you go, it would irritate me to much if they made white hotter as well as ruining kids ability to understand the EM spectrum but then I'm not the media should be educational police lol). It would be cool to have a rival for superman that was much much more powerful, maybe the blue star could also give as yet unknown abilities to Kryptonians...

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Hehe as a astrophysicist this hurts my brain, but surely whatever causes Supermans powers must effect his race in the same way, maybe DC should do a comic about a Kryptonians kid that ends up on a planet orbiting a blue star (Blue is as hot as you go, it would irritate me to much if they made white hotter as well as ruining kids ability to understand the EM spectrum but then I'm not the media should be educational police lol). It would be cool to have a rival for superman that was much much more powerful, maybe the blue star could also give as yet unknown abilities to Kryptonians...

Been done. Superman Escape from Bizarro World. By Geoff Johns and Superman I director Richard Donner.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By stephens2177
MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think Superman One million has been retconned in the new 52, could be wrong.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same powers,Same power levels,but not Same power density

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Krypto should have a super bark...I mean why not? Dogs bark after all, amplify that with Krypto and boom! Sonic bark!

TJSH96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TJSH96

All Kryptonians have the same powers if they've spent an equal amount of time being exposed to the Sun.

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

H'el has shown diffetent powers

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By stephens2177

@stefano: H'El has been thru years of black holes and other cosmic energy shit that others won't be going thru.just sitting out for a tan on earth would be nothing on the level of exposure that he has gotten.

Also in the new H'el one shot preview that's out today it is said he has not only kryptonian powers,but his wide array of psionic powers,which mean his TK,TP,and teleportation,but then jor-el added chronal,which it thought would be scary.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad9d72d64170
deactivated-5ad9d72d64170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

According to the first edition, all Kryptonian have the same powers:

No Caption Provided

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

All kryptonians have the potential for the same powers and power levels.. it just depends on how much sunlight you have stored

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By reactor

Depends on the radiation they are exposed to, especially in the New 52. Also, female Kryptonians have slightly different abilities than males.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reactor: H'el is proof that kryptonians can 1) be empowered by numerous cosmic energies,and 2) kryptonian potential is much higher than what we have seen with superman.

It also shows how superboys TTK could be a potential powerset for kryptonians,depending on the circumstance.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They used to but the New 52 has changed that.

TJSH96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends on how much exposure they've had to Sunlight. If they've all had the exact same amount of exposure to Sunlight, then yes, they'll all have the same powers.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Regular baseline kryptonians all have the exact same powers with no exceptions,BUT there are a lot of "changed" kryptonians running around.

Kara was experimented on

Karen is from a alternate reality

Superboy is a hybrid

H'El has been exposed to multiple cosmic energy sources

Pre flashpoint

Lor-Zod born and raised in the phantom zone,and later held the nightwing entity

Thara ul had the flame bird entity

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stephens2177: Kara was experimented on?you mean "worldkills" thing?

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MatteoPG

@hillbillymorangie: I am a biologist and work in biophysics... you know how many things hurt my brain in comic books??? :)

HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matteopg: I bet, but then if comics didn't break the laws of physics then anything biological could theoretically be done... I guess lol, it's like bumble bees wings, geckos feet and dinosaur hearts, there are plenty of things that are anatomically possible that I have trouble understanding lol

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hillbillymorangie: exactly. I mean, I get enough real science in real life. If I want very smart, thought-out or even meaningful science fiction I go to the classics. But I read comics for the characters, awesomeness, adventure and over the top science fiction.

HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matteopg: true but I do like cross inspecting the MCU and the DCU, like making Kryptonians radian a frequency of gamma ray so it can exist in both universes, but then I'm the sort of person that has to link Star Trek technology to physical principles lol, it's the physicist in me everything has to have a grounding, not necessarily in reality but a foundation none the less... For that reason Kryptonians as a race intrigue me, it's like they are gods placed next to a star that keeps them all from existing as gods... Which in a way works, well if I can accept the Q continuum and Time Lords, then having a race of gods bound to a star, but worse still living on a planet where krypton it's exists as an ore, is such a great twist. But then to say such ores and radiation are unique to Kryptonians solar system makes it all the more interesting... So the science is there, but not linked to reality. as such I feel all Kryptonians have the same abilities, but those who have grown up near kryptonite or under a red star probably have prolonged radiation sickness, I'd say they are probably more sickly then superman on earth, but fitter then superman when exposed to kryptonite or a red sun as their bodies will be used to the abuse?

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hillbillymorangie: oh I see what you mean. I completely agree with that, actually. Superhero comic books establish their own science, with some major alteration from the real one, and it would be nice if they always stuck to it. When they manage to do something new or surprising without adding or subtracting stuff from their original premises, that's when I feel a lot of respect for the writer.