#1 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2063 posts) - - Show Bio

Max Landis was supposed to do a Death of Superman story co written by Greg Pak but it was cancelled due to Landis hectic schedule and Editorial problems (of course) but here is the video for his original Pitch. Although I do think he over exaggerated on Doomsdays power it still sounds awesome. I would love to see it actually be done some day.

#2 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1466 posts) - - Show Bio

This has been put up before, it is indeed a very interesting take though. Also I kind of liked that he made Doomsday such a big deal because IMO that's what he is, I mean his name is freakin Doomsday after all.

#3 Edited by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2063 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultimatesmfan: Oh I didn't know it was put up couldn't find it with the search bar. I do like how he made Doomsday less of a jobber than he had become but still I mean as fast as Superman no way and as strong as 50 Superman now that's just too much maybe stronger than 2-3 that's okay but 50 is too much. I also laughed at but disagreed with the Hulk comment he made. It does sound like an epic story and if Greg Pak would have actually helped with this it would have been all the better.

#4 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1466 posts) - - Show Bio

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: oh ya definitely 50 times Superman is too much, 2-3 times wld be fine. He should be fast but not superman fast, he shld be like the Yohan Blake to superman's Usain Bolt. What comment did he make about hulk? Watched the vid a while back so i dont remember.

#5 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2063 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultimatesmfan: Agreed completely. He said if it was a playground in kindergarden Doomsday would be the one giving Hulk a swirly.

#6 Posted by lolzstastic (214 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always hated this guy and this pitch sucks. Yeah, let's just maim and mutilate the entire Justice League, nothing wrong with that is there?

#7 Edited by Squalleon (4686 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate this guy, he is such a hypocrite.

I said it before and i will say it again. This guy went viral on youtube by making the Death of Superman video. And now he wants to milk this cow as much as he can, one moment he doesn't care about superman and the other he is his biggest fan. He will say anything to get some attention and superman is his way of getting it.

#8 Posted by The_Tree (7858 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish he had the time to write Superman, he'd bring something new to the table and he obviously loves the character.

I hate this guy, he is such a hypocrite.

I said it before and i will say it again. This guy went viral on youtube by making the Death of Superman video. And now he wants to milk this cow as much as he can, one moment he doesn't care about superman and the other he is his biggest fan. He will say anything to get some attention and superman is his way of getting it. Just look at the way this story plays, it doesn't sound like a superman story at all, mutilation, superman telling Luthor that "he represents the best of humanity" that's a kind of arrogance superman doesn't have.

Superman never said that, Luthor did.

#10 Posted by The_Tree (7858 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Squalleon (4686 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree said:

@squalleon: Where?

God, sorry i was wrong. I misinterpret the dialogue.
I will edit my previous comment.

#12 Posted by SuperEnd (89 posts) - - Show Bio

I have seen it before, but still the first part is okay, the rest not so much. And I really dont like "Mon-el" character, should have just leave him out

#13 Posted by SOG7dc (7796 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Edited by 2cool4fun (1384 posts) - - Show Bio

Why did they want to reboot death and return of superman, if Morrison already put it as if it happened?

And what is the point? We all know how it's going to end, and 3 of the 4 characters that appear after "death of superman" have already appeared.

Btw am I the only one who has no idea who this guy is xD? Is he some big time writer or something?

But I do like his idea. Would like it a "non canon" reboot.

#15 Edited by 2cool4fun (1384 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah...I wish superman writers did stuff like this with doomsday, it seems as though writers don't take doomsday as seriously as they did before :/

My god I LOVE this story. First time in my life I got goosebumps by just hearing a story o_o.

#16 Edited by nickzambuto (14362 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how he portrayed Doomsday, disregarding the extremely anticlimactic ending to that fight. At first I didn't really like how he was changing around the story so much after the fight, but then I thought, he's probably right to try and make it different from the original. I was looking at it as a retelling rather than a reboot. There's a few things about the plot that were a little weird or needed some ironing out, but this was basically just his rough draft so I'm sure everything would have been fine. It's strange how one minute he had Superman's character absolutely dead-on perfect, and then the next minute he was OOC. But I digress, it would have been an awesome storyline.