Death of Superman Lives; What Happened? Full Trailer

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By SaintWildcard

The dude making this (Jon Schnepp) has been talking about this forever on AMC. Glad to see it's finally out.... well not glad but interested.

EDIT- After watching this I thank God this didn't come out. It seems like a horrible idea. It seems like the Superman equivalent of Batman Forever but with really weird Sci Fi tech.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@saint_wildcard: did you see that interview with kevin smith, where he said it sounded insane because a big mechanical spider was in it and he was so insistent that this big robot spider be in the movie and he wouldn't let it go...then low and behold wild wild west had this big mechanical spider in it. I thought it was pretty amusing hearing him talk about how insane it was

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

@saint_wildcard: did you see that interview with kevin smith, where he said it sounded insane because a big mechanical spider was in it and he was so insistent that this big robot spider be in the movie and he wouldn't let it go...then low and behold wild wild west had this big mechanical spider in it. I thought it was pretty amusing hearing him talk about how insane it was

Yeah, that entire story was f**king hilarious.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By AllStarSuperman
Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@w0nd said:

That had me in tears.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks so bad, but I would watch it anyway.

Aren't you a bit glad that this wasn't the first appearance of Braniac on the big screen though?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kidchipotle

I cannot express how happy I am that this movie was never made. It would have been Batman & Robin: The Superman Edition. Nick Cage as Superman? You could have literally chosen ANYONE else and it would have been a better choice.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman said:

It looks so bad, but I would watch it anyway.

Aren't you a bit glad that this wasn't the first appearance of Braniac on the big screen though?

Yeah definitely. I haven't really been happy with any portrayal of Brainiac really. Colu origin >>> Kryptonian Robot origin.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nick Cage as Superman? You could have literally chosen ANYONE else and it would have been a better choice.

Another idea was Ashton Kutcher and Imho, Cage > Dean Cain, I can't stand him.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nicolas Cage as Superman Well that sure escalated quickly lol (not gonna lie i would have gone to see it).

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I cannot express how happy I am that this movie was never made. It would have been Batman & Robin: The Superman Edition. Nick Cage as Superman? You could have literally chosen ANYONE else and it would have been a better choice.

I have a bigger problem with Chris Rock being Jimmy Olsen. I honestly think that after hearing all of the crazy sci fi junk they were gonna ad that the Cage being supes was the least of it's worries. Although I do think that what they were going for with Supes was better than what Batman & Robin went for.... which was camp.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rogueshadow  Moderator

@arturocalakayvee said:

Nick Cage as Superman? You could have literally chosen ANYONE else and it would have been a better choice.

Another idea was Ashton Kutcher and Imho, Cage > Dean Cain, I can't stand him.

Hey, don't rip on Dean Cain. I loved that show as a child.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whatever happened with “Superman lives”? Short answer – we dodged this bullet.

..................................................................................

Well, from what I know about this project, it would have been very in tune with early 90’s Supes’ comics – and that’s one of my least favorite comics’ eras. Must say that I would have watched this movie – not as a serious Superman film, but more like cracked parody on Superman movie (I watched “Batman and Robin” in such mood and it turned out to be entertaining and fanny movie).

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't blame them, Nic cage was big sh** back then! Blame the fans/directors! Back then it seemed that all you needed was momentum to keep getting movies. You got on screen, stayed on screen, people would keep seeing your movies cause they were used to it.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to watch this so bad

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Burton seems like an @$$. Why do they give Superman to people who don't like Superman?

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it came out in 90's I might have enjoyed it, I even enjoyed Batman Forever and Batman and Robin when I was a kid.

Bsaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would have been bad because of scifi? No, that would have been the saving grace. And early 90 s Superman is one of the best eras.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SaintWildcard

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank God Superman is faster than a speeding bullet.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@saint_wildcard I didn't get the notification, weird, I thought these bugs had been fixed.

Oh well, to be honest I am interested in how the final product would look but it looks very Tim Burtonish at some points. They can still make it into an animated movie ;)

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard I didn't get the notification, weird, I thought these bugs had been fixed.

Oh well, to be honest I am interested in how the final product would look but it looks very Tim Burtonish at some points. They can still make it into an animated movie ;)

That's not a bad idea, They would also make it into a comic. Kevin Smith to promote it hard. But maybe there are contracts in place that wouldn't allow it/