Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Squalleon
No Caption Provided

With Brian Azzarello and Frank Miller as writers.

As you can see by the subtitle of the book and the Superman logo, Frank seems he has something more to tell about Superman :P

Let the Flame Wars begin!

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

FOR F*CK'S SAKE! What is this guy's obsession with Superman?!!

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The moment I saw the title and promo pic, I knew this was thread material.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Superguy1591

@squalleon: Well, I want to say I'm surprised, but I knew he would inject Superman in this story just because he knows that's like the ultimate treat to some Batman fans.

Why do I care? I'm not even going to buy it.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

This sequel is unnecessary

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I want to say I'm surprised, but I knew he would inject Superman in this story just because he knows that's like the ultimate treat to some Batman fans.

Its clear DC approached him to profit on the hype of BvS.

And what better book to do that, than the one that gave a huge boost in the rivalry between the characters.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I posted about this earlier I somehow completely missed the superman symbol on the cover.

I just hope this is better than TDKSA, and I want an actual artist, not Miller. Superman fans, remember that its not a canon story.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591 said:

Well, I want to say I'm surprised, but I knew he would inject Superman in this story just because he knows that's like the ultimate treat to some Batman fans.

And what better book to do that, than the one that gave a huge boost in the rivalry between the characters.

Well, this makes me more nervous for BvS since these books have 0 redeemable qualities for Superman. If WB thinks these books will help sell BvS, it makes me think we're in for one of those stories.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

When I posted about this earlier I somehow completely missed the superman symbol on the cover.

I just hope this is better than TDKSA, and I want an actual artist, not Miller. Superman fans, remember that its not a canon story.

It is co-written(or lets be honest, mostly written) by Azzarello and the artist won't be Miller.

Personally, I don't care about canon, as much as a good portrayal. Superman fans have every right to be angry when Miller repeatedly throws jabs at Superman in his works. Canon or not. All Star Superman isn't canon, yet it is defining.
TDKR isn't canon, yet is considering one of the defining portrayals of Batman and many stories and writers take inspiration from there. I know more than a hand full of people that thought Superman was lame because of TDKR.

There is only one good Superman story Miller participated in and that is written by someone else(Maggins) and it is 4 pages long.

@squalleon said:

Well, this makes me more nervous for BvS since these books have 0 redeemable qualities for Superman. If WB thinks these books will help sell BvS, it makes me think we're in for one of those stories.

Meh, I didn't have any hope on BvS to begin with, I want to hope but I feel I will only get disappointed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

STELIOS23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feh

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol why even post this here. But to me that bleeding S just looks like overcompensation. Like that's the only way to make batman look badass, pfft.

Can't wait to not read this. Why even batman fans(which I secondarily am) would pay money just to read batman crapping on superman is beyond me.

The only kinda redeemable fact is that Azzerello is co writing this.

Might be something else entirely but with Millars past when it comes to superman and based on that promo image, I'm apathetic towards this.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Didio did say they were making a book for BvS.... I hope this isn't it. I was expecting it too come out closer to the movie. I like when the DCTV stuff is given full freedom, all their digital TV stuff is great, this is just a continuation of TDKR which limits them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Badass.

kenshima15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Aw Jeez....not this crap again!

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Why. Miller repeatedly states time and time again that he dislikes Superman yet he continually uses him in his work to just downgrade and bash him. Hopefully Miller is gonna give us quality like Year One and Returns not garbage like All Star and Strikes Again. I have slightly higher hopes since Azz is involved and he has already shown us how a Superman vs Batman fight would truly go down.

SamRF_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This feels like an unescessary book from Frank Miller, he felt the need to sh*t over superman once again, before batman v superman comes out.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why. Miller repeatedly states time and time again that he dislikes Superman yet he continually uses him in his work to just downgrade and bash him. Hopefully Miller is gonna give us quality like Year One and Returns not garbage like All Star and Strikes Again. I have slightly higher hopes since Azz is involved and he has already shown us how a Superman vs Batman fight would truly go down.

I think he has said he likes Supes. But he didn't like what he had became (Byrne's Superman).

@samrf_ said:

This feels like an unescessary book from Frank Miller, he felt the need to sh*t over superman once again, before batman v superman comes out.

Miller is very old and sick. DC doesn't only try to capitalize on the BvS hype but in this being Miller's "probably last" book.

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By johnqestion

Azz can't write Superman. See For Tomorrow. Neither can Miller. It'll be SM ( and his kids via Lara) bashing in favor of Batman's characters. But kinda really low if they do that. Because they obviously want to ride the hype of Batman v Superman yet more than likely treating the SM character like crap again. Anything to prop Batman again.

I have very little hopes this book will be good. The title alone says to me they want to say something about meta humans v humans. Superman from being a government stooge will probably become a big bully. And DC wonder why Superman fans are getting sick of their Bat pimping.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: He has said before that he feels Superman is a bully and consistently portrays him poorly throughout his work multiple times. It's hardpressed to believe he likes him.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't let the master race be the freed kryptonians. I'm glad we may get to see caery Kelly and Lara again, but I don't trust azz with them. Especially since he is not a liker of the sm/ww relationship.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Squalleon

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642 said:

@squalleon: He has said before that he feels Superman is a bully and consistently portrays him poorly throughout his work multiple times. It's hardpressed to believe he likes him.

How he feels that Superman is a bully and (his) Batman is not, is beyond me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well in his opinion Batman is always the underdog and is alwayspunching above his weightclass while Superman is always punching down.....guess he forgot about how Superman protects the planet on a daily basis from threats as powerful if not moreso like Zod, Mongul, Brainiac, Darkseid, Doomsday, Bizarro, Solomon Grundy etc while Batman is consistently beating up on thugs that have nowhere near the same level of physical skill that he does and are obviously not as smart and the only real villains that he has that are physical threats are Bane, Killer Croc and Clayface.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:

Well in his opinion Batman is always the underdog and is alwayspunching above his weightclass while Superman is always punching down.....guess he forgot about how Superman protects the planet on a daily basis from threats as powerful if not moreso like Zod, Mongul, Brainiac, Darkseid, Doomsday, Bizarro, Solomon Grundy etc while Batman is consistently beating up on thugs that have nowhere near the same level of physical skill that he does and are obviously not as smart and the only real villains that he has that are physical threats are Bane, Killer Croc and Clayface.

Not to mention the money, tech, help Batman has. If he really believes that, Miller is crazier than I thought.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:

Well in his opinion Batman is always the underdog and is always punching above his weightclass while Superman is always punching down.....guess he forgot about how Superman protects the planet on a daily basis from threats as powerful if not moreso like Zod, Mongul, Brainiac, Darkseid, Doomsday, Bizarro, Solomon Grundy etc while Batman is consistently beating up on thugs that have nowhere near the same level of physical skill that he does and are obviously not as smart and the only real villains that he has that are physical threats are Bane, Killer Croc and Clayface.

Not to mention the money, tech, help Batman has. If he really believes that, Miller is crazier than I thought.

Yeah he kinda is a tad insane with his ideals and thoughts. Not to mention Batman using fear, intimidation and to some degree torture but whatever.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I swear man, I really don't want to read this, the 1st one was "okay" the second one was bad, but freaking Azzarello just had to get involved, now I can't avoid this.

SinnTek1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope Superman gets the crap kicked out of him just because you said that.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinntek1: yeah, I'm sure me saying that is going to be what makes Miller turn Superman into a parody of himself so that Batman can look like the hero.

SinnTek1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinntek1: yeah, I'm sure me saying that is going to be what makes Miller turn Superman into a parody of himself so that Batman can look like the hero.

You should be famous.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frank Miller rummages through his top drawer shelf as he calls out for the Man of Steel,

"Bring that a$$ here Superman and assume the position! You know the drill!!"

Slowly, the Man of Steel walks into the room, radiating a mix of hatred and dread, and assumes the position. He won't scream. He won't give Miller the satisfaction.

"Bat-tastic!" shouts Frank Miller, closing the drawer shelf. He skips over to the door and slams it shut. Then, slowly and deliberately, he turns around, his face distorted with manic glee as he opens the bat-lube and says, "Round 3."

Fin

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@2cool4fun said:

I swear man, I really don't want to read this, the 1st one was "okay" the second one was bad, but freaking Azzarello just had to get involved, now I can't avoid this.

That's exactly how I feel, on one hand it looks bad and it's being written by Frank Miller... but on the other hand Brian Azzarello may be my favorite comic writer, so I'm kinda torn.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gjgp27: Heavens no if you hate something who i am to tell you not stop. I hate many things but if your hate for something will influence your writing then makes no sense to write it.

Avatar image for lonesharkadriano
lonesharkadriano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Seriously? How is he even writing after horrible books back to back? And, of course, he has to include Superman in the Batman story AGAIN, because no Batman book is complete with Superman in it, right? Also, it says "Master Race", So I'm guessing he'll make Superman a Neo-Nazi or something, and Batman is gonna stop him. I know Azzarello is in it, but still meh. Another Anti-Superman book just when the Internet is flooded with Superman haters. Good Job, DC!

ShaoKahn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Death to Frank miller and his gay obsession for Batman .