#1 Posted by CharlieJade (422 posts) - - Show Bio

It's sad to see characters like Batman and Spider-Man and others destroying Superman in the sales competition. The management have no idea where they are going with Superman, they even called him uncool in one of their statments. They lost the charm and funny reporter Donner and Christopher Reeve made, John Williams is gone, and Superman is way too goth and gritty today.

WB and DC is being managed by idiots

Thanks to people like Nolan and Donner, the DC cinematic brand has stayed alive

At least we are getting Zod because another Returns would be dreadful

#2 Posted by hyiena (1867 posts) - - Show Bio

People would watch the Death of Superman.

#3 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel is gonna decimate!

#4 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1440 posts) - - Show Bio

The only reason Thor 2 might do better is because it's riding on the avenger's success, Thor is pretty awesome to me in comics but in the movies he's underwhelming.based on the trailers MOS is lookin way better!

#5 Posted by joshmightbe (24937 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt that, the Superman name alone will probably get quite a few people in. Look at Superman Returns that movie is almost universally hated and it still made 400 million$

#6 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure, whatever helps you sleep at night...

#7 Edited by Tacos_Kickass (844 posts) - - Show Bio

It just has to be good, Its going to sell well no matter what but being good is going to push it over the edge.

#8 Posted by Extremis (3361 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman will do better at the box office IMO. This movie is carrying the Nolan name, a beast trailer and has a lot of hype. Superman Returns is considered a failed effort but it stil made like 600 million.

Thor will be riding high off Avengers fame, but Superman has been a figure in the public consciousness for decades already.

All these things considered, my money's on Man of Steel to make more. It also looks better. That Thor trailer just seems like another popcorn flick prelude to another Avengers movie.

#9 Edited by drgnx (3565 posts) - - Show Bio

Who cares as long as both make a profit which is what might translate to more sequels and spin-offs. I can't imagine anyone's movie experience being swayed based on how those two movies do at the boxed office, relative to each-other, unless they have a personal $$$ stake like working for one of the companies....or are a serious fanboy/hater!

#10 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel is gonna be a success but yeah odds are Thor will outsell it.

#11 Posted by Aiden Cross (15575 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe we should wait until both movies are out before we start judging ;)

#12 Edited by drgnx (3565 posts) - - Show Bio

The real issue with Superman is he is old and has been popular for a very long time. Eventually that takes a toll. People get bored and want something new, but if you change the character they uproar, so the studios hands are tied. Best they can do is rewrite the old popular character every few generations with minor updates while providing new characters or making more obscure ones more popular. Superman and the JLA main members are doing very well when you consider just how long they have been around.

Superman not selling No. 1 is just a sign of his age. I mean where is Micky and Bugs right now? Like Actors and musicians, characters and franchises can't shine forever ... Superman really should be public domain by now and DC should have had a new fresh roaster a long time ago... but I digress...

BTW, I don't disagree with the [complaints about the] way DC and WB are handling their comics or movie franchises. From what I've heard, they ruined Green Lantern, not the movie director, and I'm sure everyone has heard of how they are turning off their vet writers in the comics section with last minute changes ...

#13 Posted by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

lol, I disagree. I'll be shocked if Thor: The Dark World outsells Man of Steel at the box office. Thor's hype doesn't even come close to man of steel's. Both seem to be fantastic movies though.

#14 Posted by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormbox said:

Sure, whatever helps you sleep at night...

Ha! Ain't that the truth?

#16 Posted by w0nd (3719 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe we should wait until both movies are out before we start judging ;)

Pft get a load of Logical Larry over here.

#17 Posted by Z3RO180 (6622 posts) - - Show Bio

Warner Bros and DC are managed by idiots ? Well you must know a whole lot more than they do because your on the Internet and everyone on the web knows much more than the people who aredoing their jobs.

#18 Posted by Aiden Cross (15575 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd: actually Emiel, but Larry has a nice ring to it.

#19 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx said:

The real issue with Superman is he is old and has been popular for a very long time. Eventually that takes a toll. People get bored and want something new, but if you change the character they uproar, so the studios hands are tied. Best they can do is rewrite the old popular character every few generations with minor updates while providing new characters or making more obscure ones more popular. Superman and the JLA main members are doing very well when you consider just how long they have been around.

Superman not selling No. 1 is just a sign of his age. I mean where is Micky and Bugs right now? Like Actors and musicians, characters and franchises can't shine forever ... Superman really should be public domain by now and DC should have had a new fresh roaster a long time ago... but I digress...

BTW, I don't disagree with the [complaints about the] way DC and WB are handling their comics or movie franchises. From what I've heard, they ruined Green Lantern, not the movie director, and I'm sure everyone has heard of how they are turning off their vet writers in the comics section with last minute changes ...

I disagree with this

#20 Posted by Wboy (442 posts) - - Show Bio

GET OUT.

#21 Edited by drgnx (3565 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx: Superman hasn't appeared in the big screen for almost 10 years now.

#23 Edited by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

Its been 6 years since the last movie. Nearly 7. Batman Begins came out before superman returns.

#24 Posted by CharlieJade (422 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

Its been 6 years since the last movie. Nearly 7. Batman Begins came out before superman returns.

Superman Returns was terrible

thank God Nolan gave us some great Batman movies

I don't think WB DC understand the Superman property at all

#25 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

I know. I was just trying to make it more dramatic...Its been 7 years actually.

#26 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor 1 made decent money, but was not the huge smash that the Iron Man films were. Considering that the main reason IM3 has made so much is because Marvel is riding that Chinese member like a cheap whore, I don't see Thor doing that much better than freakin Superman, if at all. Also, remember that IM3 has only made 300 million domestically.

#27 Posted by toptom (1216 posts) - - Show Bio

saying that thor# 2 will out sell Man of Steel on the basis that...well...nothing, is just foolish.

#28 Posted by Killemall (18635 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont know, honestly i am a much bigger fan of Thor as a character than Superman , but you gotta admit Superman thus far looks better.