Avatar image for mercinwithamouth
MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Are you asking our thoughts?

If so, I think it's kind of interesting. I'm hoping he's super amped.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@virgintroll:

It's the first time I see the firepits of Apokolips have this effect on Superman, but that where the New in 52 comes in.

Honestly I don't get how fire can be considered solar energy, but that's my scientist side.

Superman does look badass. And at least he wont need a mouth full of transformation name like SuperSaiyanGodSuperSaiyan. Sorry couldn't help myself :)

But it's cool. The black&white colors do seem strange, and I hope there's somekind of meaning behind them. Power wise. If Superman was powerful before, I'm not even gonna try to guess how powerful he's now.

And that was just one firepit. Imagine if he went to the core of Apokolips.... "Darkseid kneel before Superman!"

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The meaning behind the inverted colors is that this is a "negative" version of Superman obviously. It's so design-y, it's really good to see someone put some thought into a comic book for a change. It didn't turn out quite as well as Fabok probably thought it was going to but it's nonetheless an interesting idea

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It honestly look goofy, and why did he lose his powers so fast? After DOOMED he flew in space for months without sunlight.

Imnosuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Imnosuperman

@the_kidd said:

It honestly look goofy, and why did he lose his powers so fast? After DOOMED he flew in space for months without sunlight.

Johns is running roughshod over Supes. Like whoa, he's not even trying to hide that he doesn't give a damn.

So... I'm to understand that New Gods/Darkseid are more Batman's universe than Supes' now? And that Morrison started all of this?

While Superman gets jokerized, mind controlled by Poison Ivy with a little bit of K, enslaved by Ras in the cartoon, completely broken by Joker in Injustice. He can't even go to Gotham because he's a dumb farmboy who can't understand it's darkness... even if he's a prize winning journalist at the same time.

Holy f@$%$% S#!%. What a massacre. What a great 'friendship'. In and out of universe.

Now I'm going back to Superman comics and be happy that he's RELAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATABLE. To please people who'll never buy a Superman comic.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd said:

Johns is running roughshod over Supes. Like whoa, he's not even trying to hide that he doesn't give a damn.

So... I'm to understand that New Gods/Darkseid are more Batman's universe than Supes' now? And that Morrison started all of this?

While Superman gets jokerized, mind controlled by Poison Ivy with a little bit of K, enslaved by Ras in the cartoon, completely broken by Joker in Injustice. He can't even go to Gotham because he's a dumb farmboy who can't understand it's darkness... even if he's a prize winning journalist at the same time.

Holy f@$%$% S#!%. What a massacre. What a great 'friendship'. In and out of universe.

Now I'm going back to Superman comics and be happy that he's RELAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATABLE. To please people who'll never buy a Superman comic.

WORD.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks so stupid

TonyChu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luthor's last ditch effort to escape Apokolips biting him in his ass.

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman prime?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@imnosuperman said:

WORD.

Ditto.

arkhamace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

remember one thing... superman is so strong you must either use

1. kryptonite to neutralize him

2. mind control him

3. use some power against him to power him up

don't know why nobody has mind controlled batman, he can destroy the whole justice league as shown in endgame... sorry but this all is just bad writing.

give superman his strong villains, he is an action comic character.

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arkhamace: No, Batman being able to solo the whole Justice League is bad writing.

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh. I didn't really like that part so much. My main worry is that he will actually be able to defeat Darkseid, but even if he isn't, Superman doesn't need any cheesy amps. Darkseid War has been amazing so far though, a "dark" superman seems a little gimmicky.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@jayc1324: It's Wonder Woman's "story," so, chances are, she'll defeat Darkseid, not Superman.

Plus, the future solicits make it seem as if Superman and Luthor will duke it out on Apokalips while Diana's team fights Darkseid and Anti.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By Superguy1591

@ultimatesmfan said:
@imnosuperman said:

WORD.

Ditto.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: Its only "Wonder Woman's story" (not really even) because Grail is half-Amazon and apparently this matters. Wonder Woman looks like she'll be feuding with Grail, not Darkseid. She can't beat Darkseid either.

Those future solicits look good though. I guess my main concern is that neither Darkseid or Anti-Monitor becomes a jobber and loses to the JL. Darkseid is finally as powerful as he should be again. It would be stupid if the JL, or any single member, can defeat the people who destroy worlds when they fight.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This was cool love when he blasted that eye beam it hit everything around Lex without harming him.

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd said:

Cause he is in a different dimension from his regular universe. As i explained yesterday, apokolips and the dimension theyre in probably have a different atmosphere and there might not be any stars around. When he flew in space for months he did so....in space. You know...where theres stars to feed clark.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truth_teller: What does atmosphere composition have to do with having his powers? Again the point I am asking about is since when he loses his powers so quickly when not constantly being fueled by the sun, also this isn't the first time went to Appokalips.

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd said:

@truth_teller: What does atmosphere composition have to do with having his powers? Again the point I am asking about is since when he loses his powers so quickly when not constantly being fueled by the sun, also this isn't the first time went to Appokalips.

The atmosphere means everything. See, you are used to seeing Superman in an atmosphere where he is in his own universe. Now he's not on his universe. So one would assume everything is different. My point is you cant compare his trip in space where there are stars fueling him, to his trip to apokalips where we know close to nothing about it except for the fact that its not in his universe. And yes hes been to appokalips before and he was hostage till batman got him out.

arkhamace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By arkhamace

@azza04 said:

@arkhamace: No, Batman being able to solo the whole Justice League is bad writing.

yes i know : ) that is my point. Batman is a hero with street level or tech leven villains. The "justice league" part in endgame was just forced and out of character for batman. It was to show in the 75th anniversary how cool batman is and to shut them down.

HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azza04: @truth_teller: @the_kidd:

I believe we all can agree that Johns has something against Superman has a character. Everytime he does something that involves Superman, only toxic waste comes out has a result.

Johns clearly dismissed everything done by other writers. In the New 52, through the initial battle against Apokolips that joined the team, through Morrison run, Lobdell run, Pak run.... We've all seen that Superman powers don't simply go way that fast anymore.

When he trained in the Block for those five straight days, when he spent two months in outerspace, when he traveled back in time to Krypton, when before the Forever Evil arc it was said that Cyborg boom tube technology had a bug that more than once had stranded the League in Apokolips, all this and much, much more, have shown that Superman powers even if deprived of sunlight they remain working for quite a extended period of time. Of course the more he uses them the weaker he gets has seen in Krypton Returns and when he arrived from his 60 days lost in space.

And now for convenience sake. Just to get from point A to point C, Johns neglects point B. And I have to point out that he clearly did it because it was Superman turn to go godly. When it was Batman turn, he carefuly planed for everything without leaving plot holes. Now that it was Superman turn, he writes like he doesn't give a damn.

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe we all can agree that Johns has something against Superman has a character. Everytime he does something that involves Superman, only toxic waste comes out has a result.

Johns clearly dismissed everything done by other writers. In the New 52, through the initial battle against Apokolips that joined the team, through Morrison run, Lobdell run, Pak run.... We've all seen that Superman powers don't simply go way that fast anymore.

When he trained in the Block for those five straight days, when he spent two months in outerspace, when he traveled back in time to Krypton, when before the Forever Evil arc it was said that Cyborg boom tube technology had a bug that more than once had stranded the League in Apokolips, all this and much, much more, have shown that Superman powers even if deprived of sunlight they remain working for quite a extended period of time. Of course the more he uses them the weaker he gets has seen in Krypton Returns and when he arrived from his 60 days lost in space.

And now for convenience sake. Just to get from point A to point C, Johns neglects point B. And I have to point out that he clearly did it because it was Superman turn to go godly. When it was Batman turn, he carefuly planed for everything without leaving plot holes. Now that it was Superman turn, he writes like he doesn't give a damn.

No. Jesus Christ, are you not paying attention? WHy the **** would superman lose his powers in outer space when he has all that radiation to power him? Do you people even try to think anymore? Ive said this like 5 times already. And for the 2nd time, you dont know what happened on those random accidental trips to apokolips so theres no point in trying to act like you do know. I'll repeat, just sit down and wait for all the damn info. You dont know what affects being on Apokolips has on Superman. I hope me repeating it this many times has been enough for you to finally understand that you dont know what youre talking about yet. You need to wait.

Lens_of_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heavenlydarkdragon: yeah I would hate to hear + to superman names like we have with saiya, sa,ga,prime, prime 1 mil, cosmica armor, pre 52, 52, and the most powerful one Death Battle superman

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heavenlydarkdragon: No, I don't think Johns has anything against Superman, I just thought this plot point was dumb. To suddenly make Supes allergic to Appokalips atmosphere or what not could be a problem if another writer wants to do a story with him visiting Appokalips in the future or are they just going to pretend this never happen. I hope this is explained somewhere in the Saga.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@the_kidd said:

Darkseid was far better written in Return of Bruce Wayne and and Robin Rises than in any Superman he ever appeared in. In Batman stories he an actual God and Overlord,in Superman stories he's a brute. Besides you'll get your Darkseid vs Superman story in a few months and I can say with full confidence that it will be crap.

Mind controlled by Ivy? good Lord it was 13 years ago,enslaved by Ra's? it's been almost 2 decades since then, do you guys actually keep count?

Agreed,Johns is a hack who should step down from JL immediately.

Imnosuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Imnosuperman

@entropy_aegis said:
@imnosuperman said:
@the_kidd said:

Darkseid was far better written in Return of Bruce Wayne and and Robin Rises than in any Superman he ever appeared in. In Batman stories he an actual God and Overlord,in Superman stories he's a brute. Besides you'll get your Darkseid vs Superman story in a few months and I can say with full confidence that it will be crap.

Mind controlled by Ivy? good Lord it was 13 years ago,enslaved by Ra's? it's been almost 2 decades since then, do you guys actually keep count?

I don't know much about Return of Bruce Wayne.

But Robin Rises is a bad, baaad example, man. It was nothing but a copy of a story I saw scans of in post-crisis where Supes rescues John Henry's body from Apokolips. Even including a fight with Darkseid and using multiple Supergirls and Superboys to help him. Darkseid better written? Are you serious? He only woke up to get Batgodded. Darkseid being knocked on his arse by Batman doesn't make him more interesting. It makes Batman more interesting.

I don't know much about what Morrison started. But I've read through the years that Darkseid shouldn't be cheapened by being defeated by Superman. That he should keep some gravitas. John Byrne's 1st Darkseid story had Supes completely at DS's mercy, nothing but a victim. Seems that when he wrote Wonder Woman he did the same: DS slaughtered amazons and Diana could do nothing about it.

Then Morrison starts having DS cloning Bruce, Bruce killing DS, being more dangerous to DS than Supes and Wondy, being sent to the past by DS... This doesn't make DS more interesting.

Cosmic Odyssey was more interesting than this. This, again, empowers Batman.

This is my opinion, don't take it personaly: Having a villain that walks all over Supes and Wondy being used and defeated to make Batman look cool doesn't make the villain more interesting or better written. It makes Batman look more awesome.

The 52 starts and Supes is captured and Batman rescues him. Batman walks all over Apokolips while Supes gets drained. If anyone in DC's heros should have a motherbox it should be Superman, but we keep hearing that he's too powerful and this and that. The Robins and Batgirls did better in Apoc than Lex and Supes. And I have to read Batman saying that "I have more experience with Darkseid than most of you".

All the while DC keeps hammering in our heads that "Superman should be more relatable."

"Oh, by the way, watch as Batman travels the multiverse to save the day again."

Jesus Christ.

Supes was jokerized last year. Injustice started a few years ago and continues to this day. The massacre just continues.

arkhamace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think batman and his robins would have been slaughtered...they just surprised Darkseid, retrieved the coffin and escaped... batman would be dead without the suit or more seconds on apokolips... batman is a detective character and this was only for batman fans with no real continuity to other books i assume

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32  Edited By entropy_aegis

@imnosuperman said:
@entropy_aegis said:
@imnosuperman said:
@the_kidd said:

I don't know much about Return of Bruce Wayne.

But Robin Rises is a bad, baaad example, man. It was nothing but a copy of a story I saw scans of in post-crisis where Supes rescues John Henry's body from Apokolips. Even including a fight with Darkseid and using multiple Supergirls and Superboys to help him. Darkseid better written? Are you serious? He only woke up to get Batgodded. Darkseid being knocked on his arse by Batman doesn't make him more interesting. It makes Batman more interesting.

I don't know much about what Morrison started. But I've read through the years that Darkseid shouldn't be cheapened by being defeated by Superman. That he should keep some gravitas. John Byrne's 1st Darkseid story had Supes completely at DS's mercy, nothing but a victim. Seems that when he wrote Wonder Woman he did the same: DS slaughtered amazons and Diana could do nothing about it.

Then Morrison starts having DS cloning Bruce, Bruce killing DS, being more dangerous to DS than Supes and Wondy, being sent to the past by DS... This doesn't make DS more interesting.

Cosmic Odyssey was more interesting than this. This, again, empowers Batman.

This is my opinion, don't take it personaly: Having a villain that walks all over Supes and Wondy being used and defeated to make Batman look cool doesn't make the villain more interesting or better written. It makes Batman look more awesome.

The 52 starts and Supes is captured and Batman rescues him. Batman walks all over Apokolips while Supes gets drained. If anyone in DC's heros should have a motherbox it should be Superman, but we keep hearing that he's too powerful and this and that. The Robins and Batgirls did better in Apoc than Lex and Supes. And I have to read Batman saying that "I have more experience with Darkseid than most of you".

All the while DC keeps hammering in our heads that "Superman should be more relatable."

"Oh, by the way, watch as Batman travels the multiverse to save the day again."

Jesus Christ.

Supes was jokerized last year. Injustice started a few years ago and continues to this day. The massacre just continues.

Please dont compare Robin Rises with Apokolips Now. RR may not have been a particularly deep story but Tomasi went out of his way to make sure Darkseid came out not looking bad, AN on the other hand went out of it's way to humiliate Darkseid.

Most Darkseid fans will take Final Crisis and Return of Bruce Wayne over any Superman vs Darkseid story any day. While I'm not advocating for Darkseid to be a mainstream Batman villain it is however quite clear that DS has been treated much better in Batman stories than in Superman stories. I've read a majority of Darkseid comics and I'd rather never see him in a Superman book again.

Return of Bruce Wayne was hands down the best Darkseid story in some other characters book,Darkseid was an actual God as opposed to a brute that Superman and even WW writers make him.

The rest of what you posted is just typical complaining over how Supes and writers failed to accomplish what Batman and writers succeeded in.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@azza04 said:

Preach!

HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azza04 said:

Preach!

Yeah. The most vulnerable of all members of the JL, being able to wipeout the entire League. What a joke. And a bad one at that.

And I find it funny how Batman is always more prepared to face his fellow teammates than characters like the Joker. Because lets face it, Batman and the Joker dance is almost the same as the dance between Superman and Lex. Each could've have killed each other countless times. But the fight just keeps on going.

By Rocky standards they're already past the thousand round.

Also who thinks up of kryptonite chewing gum!? I'd really like to know who was the genius that thought up the idea that a radioactive material of one planet can't kill beings from another planet, just so I could punch the living cr@p out of him.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#35  Edited By Titanbreaker

@titanbreaker said:
@azza04 said:

Preach!

Yeah. The most vulnerable of all members of the JL, being able to wipeout the entire League. What a joke. And a bad one at that.

And I find it funny how Batman is always more prepared to face his fellow teammates than characters like the Joker. Because lets face it, Batman and the Joker dance is almost the same as the dance between Superman and Lex. Each could've have killed each other countless times. But the fight just keeps on going.

Also who thinks up of kryptonite chewing gum!? I'd really like to know who was the genius that thought up the idea that a radioactive material of one planet can't kill beings from another planet, just so I could punch the living cr@p out of him.

*Foams at the mouth.* THIS! THIS RIGHT HERE!
How am I meant to buy that Batman is a master planner and all knowing when he throws his arch enemy, the clown prince of chaos, the man who has murdered, crippled and tortured some of his closest allies back into the same tinfoil cell and yet has multi ways to take out beings who are not only on gods levels but surpass them.

In Pre 52 Kryptonite is dangerous to humans just on a different level as it gave Lex cancer and long term exposure can prove quite fatal and Batman shoved that into his mouth? Also how is a tiny shard meant to hurt Superman who has fought a man made of the stuff, an invulnerable robot with that as its heart/weapons, a giant robot ape that fires the stuff from his eyes and of course the man who probably knows more about the green stuff than anyone Lex who often is using it alongside a super suit giving him stats equal or around Superman's level.

The entire concept relies on these experienced heroes forgetting every battle they have ever had and falling for things they have handled many times before.

arkhamace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titanbreaker said:
@azza04 said:

Preach!

i can't say enough how much someone must shut his brain down to enjoy the beginning and end of endgame...i also don't like the broken heart symbol, its so stupid i want to vomit! bruce is the best martial artist and then comes some clown and kills him... why the people don't rant here and say batman is overpowered and heavenly depowered??? this is very poison like because he should wipe jokers ass out and not die by his hands...

Omega_kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this canon?

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By azza04

@titanbreaker said:
@azza04 said:

Preach!

I'm a pretty big Superman mark but the idea Superman could defeat the Justice League single handed, while slightly more plausible than Batman being able to, is still vaguely absurd. Superman vs Wonder Woman is pretty much a stale mate, then add in Flash, GL, Aquaman, Cyborg....he's not running through that gauntlet unscathed. That type of B.S makes me dislike Batman who is a character I normally really enjoy. Batman, like most characters works better in their own universes. The idea that Superman, GL, Flash, or Wonder Woman wouldn't get involved in the Gotham crime situation is ridiculous, they don't of course because Batman would be useless if they did.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Squalleon
Enzo991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Enzo991

I kept hearing about how Batman managed to wipe out the Justice League, and how absurd that was from many people on the site. However, when I went and read the fight myself, all I saw was Batman barely managing to temporarily neutralize the Justice League members, using a super advanced suit worth millions of dollars, and tailor made to suppress them, not even kill them, in addition to mystic artifacts. I'm not sure what's the problem that people find in that, but what do I know, I love Iron Man and he routinely does things like that other Marvel powerhouses, so I might just be used to reading fights like that. Still, I don't think people would've complained nearly as much if it was anyone beside Batman.

Omega_kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: It looks really cool what do you think it will be about?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: It looks really cool what do you think it will be about?

Superman fell in an Apokolips pit...and he returned evil.

Personally, I hate the "Evil Superman" cliche so no something I am interested in.