#1 Posted by Squalleon (4492 posts) - - Show Bio

Since Dc is so fascinated with the concept on an "evil" Superman, I decided to keep track on them just for fun :-P

Let's start:

1. Injustice Superman: Pretty much a morally ambigious turned dictator and evil, Superman.
  2. Brutall: A brainwashed version of Supes.
  3. SuperDoom: An alternate universe Supes.
  4. Lord Superman: Like SuperDoom, currently in JLBeyond comic.
  5. Ultraman: Same with SuperDoom and Lord Superman.
  6. Superman Future's End: Pawn of an evil force.
  7. And Superman with Doomsday virus which basically turns him into Doomsday

And that is only in one year's worth of time :-P

#2 Posted by SanoHibiki (1515 posts) - - Show Bio

Once for a while it could be done, but DC overdoing it recently; through I would have exclude № 2, №6 and №7 – for me “being evil” is a choice, not infestation, brainwashing, etc.

#3 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1392 posts) - - Show Bio

S....M....H......

Evil superman and batman vs Superman, two themes i've had enough of and can certainly live without for the next decade.

btw note from Greg Pak, Grant Morrison's monster was called SuperDoomsday, the new superman with that DD virus is called superdoom :\ (smh i kno right) he said this after being asked why the writers chose such an unoriginal name which had assumingly been used before. It's all very confusing though cause every site has that monster listed as superdoom.

#4 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (9954 posts) - - Show Bio

I love it. I demand an Earth 3 series

#5 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21305 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope brutaal dies. And the New 52 Doom story sounds very dumb.

#6 Posted by The Stegman (23749 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, the idea of an evil Superman is appealing, I can understand why it's being done so often. Superman to me, is the quintessential good hero. He's righteous, caring, respectful and kind, thus, corrupting all of that makes for interesting stories. Plus, having someone THAT powerful, being evil is a terrifying thought.

#7 Edited by JonSmith (3995 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone else feel like this ends with some new multiversal threat popping up that's been corrupting Supermen from various dimensions as some part of a scheme to destroy/take over the multiverse?

#8 Posted by Transformers1024 (1773 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman Doomsday sounds dumb.

#9 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (9954 posts) - - Show Bio

#10 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (9954 posts) - - Show Bio

#11 Posted by Superguy1591 (3175 posts) - - Show Bio

SuperDoomsday sounds super-worst than SuperDoom, plus, I trust Pak. He'll do good by our boy.

I'm still waiting for my Batman rouge story where Superman has to stop him.

#12 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21305 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman said:

The whole transformation, and the huge crossover. IMO, it's just a big money grab. Like anything I am sure one can enjoy it, but I'll sit it out.

#13 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (9954 posts) - - Show Bio

@thehipkid said:

@allstarsuperman said:

The whole transformation, and the huge crossover. IMO, it's just a big money grab. Like anything I am sure one can enjoy it, but I'll sit it out.

Pfftt, huge. Tell that to Batman, Green Lantern or the X-Men. It's three books (which I already buy so I won't see a dent in my wallet). But whatever, I guess some people just don't like fun and destruction.

#14 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21305 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman said:

@thehipkid said:

@allstarsuperman said:

Pfftt, huge. Tell that to Batman, Green Lantern or the X-Men. It's three books (which I already buy so I won't see a dent in my wallet). But whatever, I guess some people just don't like fun and destruction.

Then its not that bad for you. The only superman book I read is Unchained currently. I think I'll pick up Johns and Romita's series.

#15 Posted by Squalleon (4492 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman said:

@thehipkid said:

@allstarsuperman said:

You buy "Superman", dude why? Why would you do that to yourself or give money to DC to excuse their bad decision that is Lobdell.

#16 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (9954 posts) - - Show Bio

You buy "Superman", dude why? Why would you do that to yourself or give money to DC to excuse their bad decision that is Lobdell.

IDK, collectors bug I suppose. I enjoyed H'el arc and his RHATO work but i agree it went downhill into crazy town after that arc.

#17 Posted by Squalleon (4492 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon said:

IDK, collectors bug I suppose. I enjoyed H'el arc and his RHATO work but i agree it went downhill into crazy town after that arc.

*sigh*...You have to escape from that mentality, I had been there too and I can say that someday you are gonna regret every penny you gave to comics you buy only to complete the collection.

It bugs me that Lobdell with his horrendous writing gets as much sales as Pak.

#18 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (9954 posts) - - Show Bio

*sigh*...You have to escape from that mentality, I had been there too and I can say that someday you are gonna regret every penny you gave to comics you buy only to complete the collection.

I only have it with Superman comics though. I did however cancel Adventures (but I might keep going just to complete it) and I'd cancel Unchained but with all these delays I don't even notice the money being spent. Plus I'm at the point of no return, Doomed is 2/3rds talent and Im sure Lobdell doesn't have as much freedom on this and after this Johns is taking over. It's too late

#19 Posted by Squalleon (4492 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon said:

I only have it with Superman comics though. I did however cancel Adventures (but I might keep going just to complete it) and I'd cancel Unchained but with all these delays I don't even notice the money being spent. Plus I'm at the point of no return, Doomed is 2/3rds talent and Im sure Lobdell doesn't have as much freedom on this and after this Johns is taking over. It's too late

Yeah it's too late...sad fact is that Lobdell would have been kicked out faster if people didn't buy the book just to support the character or for collecting purposes.
And Brainiac could have been saved :-(

#20 Posted by Primebonnick (1919 posts) - - Show Bio

but the stories with most of them are good so i don't see why people should complain. I mean lord superman was an interesting turn of events in the batman series, Injustice is epic, earth 2 is going good and i want a series about earth 3.