Of course he can

GoldenOozaru22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@fallschirmjager:

Hahah wow.. Your first paragraph is just common knowledge...that's why I was confused you had to say that earlier...that's why I asked about the size of the shadow MOON. And that why I pointed out that the MOON he "flew through" is small.....

And the writer can never be wrong because he is the one who created it.

This is not science, it's FICTION.

And well if you don't like me to tag you, you should probably stay out of the thread I'm participating in. And hahah, "fanboys" use fallacious feats and avoid common sense. Something I have not done with dbz. So stop antagonizing me.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By buttersdaman000

@goldenoozaru22: @lvenger:

No, I don't think it was his own speed that KOed Superman. I see the shadow moon scan brought up all the time by people who know next to nothing of Superman. What they're lacking with this feat is context. The shadow moon was identical to our moon except that it was coated/made up of shadow energy and it was accelerating at over 7,000,000 km per hour. So, I think it's safer to say that he was KOed due to a combination of the energy.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman being able to bust a planet? Not likely unless the planet is smaller than an average moon, cause as of right now, Superman has evidence to prove he can bust a regular sized moon.

SPM1M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: @lvenger: @powerwoman: Hey guys and lady. I have this one pic here that shows superman fighting superman from earth two during infinite crisis. In this panel it is shown that Earth two or some other earth being destroyed by an exchange of blows between the two supermen. I know in infinite crises the borders of reality were weak thus allowing the supermen to apparently "bust" time, space, and reality itself when they hit each other. This is true but does that apply to an entire planet as well, i mean through out the entire fight the shattered reality and lived in each others shoes a lifetime of memories in mere moments. Sorry ill get to the point which is they planet busted and the this wasnt part of the busting reality part as u see it happen and not as one of they're memories so IMO this feat is certainly valid, here is the link ull have to scroll down a bit but u will see it http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/world-breaker-hulk-vs-superman-rules-637264/?page=3

"it continues with a blow that shatters the world" is also on the panel and u see the destruction in the background as the supermen continue they're fight in space, then they end up on earth two again but that could be possible from time, space, and reality being out of wack. let me know wat u think thanks guys and lady

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#56  Edited By Lvenger

Sort of, read the scan......

It says a small dead moon off Saturn.

Anyways even if he went through this moon, which was claimed as a small moon, that still does not prove he can use that technique to "planet bust". Does anyone know how big the shadow moon was that caused him to be knocked out? And lvenger, why exactly do you keep saying its the light speed that knocked him out? Does it claim that anywhere? Or is it just your opinion?(educated guess) And since he was knocked out doing that to a moon, how would that technique even be plausible for something even 5 times larger or more.....

Since so far there is no evidence of superman showing capabilities of busting a planet, the answer is no he is not a planet buster, he is only a moon buster.

As Fallschirmjager has pointed out, Saturn's satellites as they're supposed to be called, are much bigger than most other planet's in the solar system. The shadow moon was the exact same size as our moon btw. And it is an educated guess BUT it is based on evidence of the two times Superman hasn't KOed himself in a moon busting attack which he's done twice before without KOing himself. Thus, it is very plausible to point out that Superman's light speed charge on the moon was what contributed most to KOing him. Given that he's destroyed two moons before, it is perfectly reasonable to stand by this position with on panel evidence supporting my position.

And I agree, Superman is only a moon buster in feats. but what I explicitly said was that I wouldn't oppose any evidence of him being a planet buster.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#57  Edited By Lvenger

@spm1m: I've dealt with this feat before and the full context behind that shatters any illusion of Superman hitting hard enough 'to create a blow that shatters the world.' For one, Earth 2 is still intact by the end of the fight and secondly, the reality warping of the two Supermen's fight comes from their physical contact generating visions of how each would have done in the opposite Superman's position. So this feat is wholly reliant on the borders of reality being weakened and the physical contact of the two Supermen generating weird visions of the other's lives if that makes sense.

No, I don't think it was his own speed that KOed Superman. I see the shadow moon scan brought up all the time by people who know next to nothing of Superman. What they're lacking with this feat is context. The shadow moon was identical to our moon except that it was coated/made up of shadow energy and it was accelerating at over 7,000,000 km per hour. So, I think it's safer to say that he was KOed due to a combination of the energy.

I know a great deal about Superman, more than most people on this site. I have the entire context of this feat mapped out like the back of my hand since I have the issue where that feat happened as well. I still think it is accurate to assume that it was the light speed charge coupled with the speed the moon was travelling at that caused the KO and perhaps along with the energy of the Shadow Moon. The Shadow Moon still possessed the same properties as the ordinary moon so it can't have contributed much to KOing Superman. The speed in this feat is crucial because in the two other moon busting feats Superman has shown, he hasn't KOed himself with the moon busting attack.

Avatar image for whowatchesthewatchmen
Whowatchesthewatchmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spm1m said:

@deathandgrim: Pre 52 Superman sure can

1. He busted a darkmoon with an infinite body slam although he knocked himself out.

2. He has claimed he could destroy planets with his bare hands.

3. When fighting Konvict stated that he was hitting Konvict with blows that could shatter small planets.

4. And finally he actually busted earth 2 as a side effect of his fight with earth two superman during infinite crisis.

5. He also has shown to encompass the whole earth in this heat vision but to wat heat it is unknown.

As for New 52 superman its hard to say the best he has shown was blows that could level mountains with his fight with Hel but he could reach planet busting strength shortly the way Lobdell is writing him.

He also busted some moons when lex became president

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By one shot or multiple shots?

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Chibi_cute

@allstarsuperman said:

@sog7dc said:

I actually think DC planets are more durable than Marvel planets.

this honestly

They're both freaking adamantium compared to DBZ planets.

why?

I knew it that if there is planet busting discussions.. DBZ will never be forgotten to be mentioned

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By DeathandGrim

@chibi_cute said:

@sheenlantern said:

@allstarsuperman said:

@sog7dc said:

I actually think DC planets are more durable than Marvel planets.

this honestly

They're both freaking adamantium compared to DBZ planets.

why?

I knew it that if there is planet busting discussions.. DBZ will never be forgotten to be mentioned

if marvel planets == Styrofoam

DBZ planets == Carboard

If princess Vegeta blew one up you know it means absolutely nothing anymore.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathandgrim: and why would you state that?

And do you know styrofoam is softer than cardboard.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathandgrim: and why would you state that?

And do you know styrofoam is softer than cardboard.

Then switch em, I'm tired. XD anyway the point is DBZ planet busting was pretty easy.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

I know a great deal about Superman, more than most people on this site. I have the entire context of this feat mapped out like the back of my hand since I have the issue where that feat happened as well. I still think it is accurate to assume that it was the light speed charge coupled with the speed the moon was travelling at that caused the KO and perhaps along with the energy of the Shadow Moon. The Shadow Moon still possessed the same properties as the ordinary moon so it can't have contributed much to KOing Superman. The speed in this feat is crucial because in the two other moon busting feats Superman has shown, he hasn't KOed himself with the moon busting attack.

I wasn't directing that Superman comment at you, that was for GoldenOozaru. Sorry if it seemed like it. Anyways, I still don't agree that Supermans speed really contributed to his KO. He's flown through things at that speed before to no ill effect.

GoldenOozaru22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: @buttersdaman000: @fallschirmjager:

@lvenger: @buttersdaman000: @fallschirmjager:

Sorry it's been a few days, havnt had time. Anyways , yes I see now how he could have gotten knocked out from a combination of Supermans force and the shadow moons force.

But anyways there was one small thing I did want to point out about Supermans feat destroying one of saturns moons without being harmed.

Saturn has 62 moons (53 confirmed/named). ONLY 13 of them have a diameter larger then 50 kilometers... Our moon's diameter is 3,476 kilometers. So taking in those facts, and looking in the scan that claims it was a "small moon off of Saturn", it is safe to say the moon he destroyed off of saturn is under 50 kilometers in diameter since those are considered small moons of saturn. This is nothing compared to earths moon. So busting one of those moons isn't very impressive compared to earth's moon. That's why he was not harmed.

Anyways, so have we agreed that superman is not a planet buster?

(I think he can do it over a longer period of time, but not within a few attempts where we would consider him a planet buster...)

Avatar image for deactivated-61215780523f9
deactivated-61215780523f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but he almost certainly can with a speed blitz as long as said planet is on the small side like mercury or Kepler-37b. (they are around the size of the moon)

Superman himself says he can shatter planets with his punches, at least a few occasions, but we shouldn't his words at face value. After all, Superman is well known for his numerous dishonest claims about what he can supposedly do.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63
deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still think he can destroy Small Planets (Mars) with one of his Strongest punches! Large Planets like Earth or above is unlikely! Unfortunately he doesn't have an On Panel feat.

INB4:The Multiversal Punch

PUTZRIDER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes, but why would he?

Avatar image for mercinwithamouth
MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thehercules: He does have an on-panel feat. The Shadow Moon is large-planet level and very recently he busted a planet (we don’t know the size except for the fact that it was referred to as a planet) while extremely weakened. Earth is considered a small planet. He could bust either, with less than his strongest punches.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thehercules: He does have an on-panel feat. The Shadow Moon is large-planet level and very recently he busted a planet (we don’t know the size except for the fact that it was referred to as a planet) while extremely weakened. Earth is considered a small planet. He could bust either, with less than his strongest punches.

But wasn't with a Single punch. and still can't

MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By MercinWithAMouth

@thehercules: I'm sorry but you have no legs here. He's capable of busting a planet, which is the question. The Shadow Moon was destroyed via IMP, which is the Infinite Mass Punch. It's not a traditional punch, which is your point, but that isn't part of the question. The math in the issue implies he possessed enough force in the IMP to destroy large planets (much bigger than Earth, which is a small planet (you said it was large)) because that was the amount needed to overcome the Shadow Moon. To your point, in a recent issue of Justice League, him shattering a planet while only having enough solar energy so that he doesn't die (The World Forger states he only has enough solar energy to subsist) proves he could bust it with a single punch. It's literally an extremely weak Superman busting a planet on-panel.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercinwithamouth: I kinda agree with you that he could destroy a Planet (even at the same size as Earth!) Just like many characters that can but hasn't shown. I'm just sad that he destroyed in a other way.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By termiteone4ever

The shadow moon feat is bigger than what most people think. As stated years ago . The shadow moons is made from mystical dark energy. Last time I check that is still magical. Unless I am missing something. So a magical energy blast the size of our moon and mass was stoped my Superman no wonder he was knocked out. That's the biggest magical blast moving at high speeds and with mass. Superman clearly destroyed a planet no help weakened on his own. Most people don't like it but it did happen. So they just have to deal with it . We like clear feats with out stipulation and quantifiable ones like bench pressing the earth I don't there is a single character so far in comics on that level able to clearly pull off this out side of DC.

Avatar image for captainsweatpan
CaptainSweatpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People still using that less than moon sized planet as a planet busting feat for Superman?

Avatar image for captainsweatpan
CaptainSweatpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice to be reminded of the butthurt over DBZ characters easily busting planets 5 years ago

Avatar image for captainmarvel11
CaptainMarvel11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The shadow moon feat is bigger than what most people think. As stated years ago . The shadow moons is made from mystical dark energy. Last time I check that is still magical. Unless I am missing something. So a magical energy blast the size of our moon and mass was stoped my Superman no wonder he was knocked out. That's the biggest magical blast moving at high speeds and with mass. Superman clearly destroyed a planet no help weakened on his own. Most people don't like it but it did happen. So they just have to deal with it . We like clear feats with out stipulation and quantifiable ones like bench pressing the earth I don't there is a single character so far in comics on that level able to clearly pull off this out side of DC.

He busted the planet the size of a mountain, deal with it, even when he was amped all he could do was bust country size damage on a planet the size of Earth.

Also Shadow Moon was his limit and there was no mention of the "magic" of the shadow moon harming him, it was clearly the momentum of the Moon itself, you are making up fanfiction.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2414030c5e3
deactivated-5f2414030c5e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People still using that less than moon sized planet as a planet busting feat for Superman?

Do you mean a planet severely damaged by the attempts of thousands previous Supermen whom tried to escape before him ?

Avatar image for supermanfan1938
Supermanfan1938

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Supermanfan1938

Yes, anyone still doubting this is downplaying him hard. Maybe early on in the 90s no. Full power post-crisis/n52/rebirth can bust a planet with ease. It's always been a feat ingrained in his character since the golden age.

@captainsweatpan said:

Do you mean a planet severely damaged by the attempts of thousands previous Supermen whom tried to escape before him ?

That's dishonest, Superman busted that planet by himself. There was no statement saying "the previous Superman weakened the planet for him" There wasn't any noticeable damage prior to his leap. You'd think a thousand Superman who jumped prior would have already broken the planet. They died before they could do anything.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, but not casually.

MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By MercinWithAMouth

@captainmarvel11:

"He busted the planet the size of a mountain, deal with it, even when he was amped all he could do was bust country size damage on a planet the size of Earth."

Stop with the "tHe PlAnEt iS tHe SiZe oF a MoUnTaIn" when you have nothing to suggest that other than your interpretation of the perspective used when drawing that shot. He hit the World Forger, not the planet. Note he made the World Forger bleed, and knocked him out for a brief period.

"Also Shadow Moon was his limit and there was no mention of the "magic" of the shadow moon harming him, it was clearly the momentum of the Moon itself, you are making up fanfiction."

Newton's Third Law would mean he tanked his own punch in this case. He had to overcome the force generated by the Shadow Moon with the punch. Given it's mass and the speed it was going, that's planet busting force, which answers OP's question.

We could also argue he'd be under strain from gaining mass, because he's not like Flash and connected to the Speed Force to protect him from the repercussions. He obliterates the Shadow Moon and KOs himself for a short period. The math is there. What more could you want? It's planet-level.

Supermanfan1938

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Supermanfan1938

Superman is subsonic sub-small mountain level duh

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The shadow moon is definitely Magic. It was made by Shadow Thief, and he got his powers amplified previously by Neron.

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel11: You should pay less attention to what he did to the earth and more attention to what he did to the Six Dimension in that scam, brah.

Supermanfan1938

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Supermanfan1938

The shadow moon was definitely magic yeah, combined with its momentum and its more than just moon busting.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel11:

"He busted the planet the size of a mountain, deal with it, even when he was amped all he could do was bust country size damage on a planet the size of Earth."

Stop with the "tHe PlAnEt iS tHe SiZe oF a MoUnTaIn" when you have nothing to suggest that other than your interpretation of the perspective used when drawing that shot. He hit the World Forger, not the planet. Note he made the World Forger bleed, and knocked him out for a brief period.

Also Shadow Moon was his limit and there was no mention of the "magic" of the shadow moon harming him, it was clearly the momentum of the Moon itself, you are making up fanfiction."

Newton's Third Law would mean he tanked his own punch in this case. He had to overcome the force generated by the Shadow Moon with the punch. It's planet busting force, which answers OP's question.

Would could also argue he'd be under strain from gaining mass because he's not like Flash and connected to the Speed Force to protect him from the repercussions.

I never got the notification when this banned user answered me. He doesn't know the shadow moon was made up of dark mystical energies. aka dark magic. This banned user never read the full story and what happened. He is just a spammer. Aeitisknowledge. He doesn't read the comics he just makes up stuff when he doesn't agree with it. He just looks at the scan guess, assumes, scales that's it.

Years ago when he wasn't a banned user I explained to him and Lvenger the magnitude of this feat. That it was the biggest blast magic superman ever counter with mass and size and its a hell of a feat. I am glad other people finally saw whats is going on years later :)

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Easily. He just recently did it.

Supermanfan1938

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate it when writers play out like planetary level is a big deal for Superman, if they knew the character, planetary level feats has long been overdone. That's one thing I like about Snyder, he makes Superman casually shatter a planet and doesn't make a big deal about it. You'd think with all the cosmic beings running around, writers would move past planetary beings. But nope, that's why we get things like Johns making a big deal about Mobius breaking worlds apart. And we get a street level fight between him and Darkseid

Interloperr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Interloperr

Maybe planets the size of Moons but that's it, people underplay the significance of planet busting just so they can wank their favorite characters but there is a reason why the only consistent planet busters begin at high-herald tier(Surfer level) and above. Superman, especially Rebirth certainly isn't a planet buster because of one questionable feat of blowing up a small planet, no more than Grey Hulk is one because he busted an asteroid twice as big as Earth.

I will never understand the hypocrisy of the forums, Rebirth Superman jumps and shatters a planet one time and he is now a casual planet buster, but him failing to destroy a device that can tank the heat of Earths core we have to ignore or him failing to destroy a meteor less than mile wide with 1 punch ignore that as well, or him getting stomp in H2H by Enchantress just because she amped her fists with magic, or him getting knocked out by a bazooka, or getting KO'd by a canon that fires the heat of a planets core or getting one-shot by Killer Frost or him failing to stop a turtle the size of a car from falling from orbit or him getting KO'd by a nuke powerful enough to crack the east cost or god forbid him getting KO'd by Batman whistling... lets ignore all those and literally dozens more showings that would be embarrassing for most mid-tiers let alone planet busters and just focus on him busting a planet that one time by jumping of it. I mean i am not even saying that we should take any or at least most of these bad feats seriously but can we have at least some middle ground? Superman doesn't go from a guy that struggles to lift the JL watchtower together with Diana to a guy that can bust a planet while extremely weakened just by jumping of it. This is just a repeat of the phantom zone feat and proof that Superman fans will literally take any feat at heart no matter how ridiculous it is just because it makes Superman look good and ignore any bad feat no matter how consistently they happen.

This is how you get multiversal Superman on these forums.

Supermanfan1938

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some of those feats are from before Reborn and before Superman was in sync with Prime Earth. Superman is definitely a planet buster.

RapterFan55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By RapterFan55

@DeathandGrim2: superman sneezed an entire solar system away, he is massively above planet level.

Interloperr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some of those feats are from before Reborn and before Superman was in sync with Prime Earth. Superman is definitely a planet buster.

Most of the ones i mentioned aren't, in fact failing to stop a turtle the size of a car from falling from the sky happened just a few weeks ago and getting KO'd by a nuke that could crack the east coast happened days ago, which honestly isn't even that bad of a feat especially for Rebirth Superman, but it'a bad feat for any "casual planet buster" i think people are trying to hard to divorce Snyder who has a high opinion of Superman to everyone else who gives him some inconsistent showings.

It doesn't help either that Superman is scheduled to fight Batman in the Leviathan event if the solicits aren't lying so the comic might make him job there as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-61215780523f9
deactivated-61215780523f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He wouldn't have done it if he couldn't.

I think he really has to cut loose to do things like that though.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By DeathandGrim

I'm glad this topic is being necro'd with new revelations

@rapterfan55: there's context to that feat and it involved Mr. Mxy which pretty much makes itinvalid even before the crisis.

Supermanfan1938

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm glad this topic is being necro'd with new revelations

@rapterfan55: there's context to that feat and it involved Mr. Mxy which pretty much makes itinvalid even before the crisis.

Nah, the magic caused him to sneeze but did not amp it. Besides Pre-Crisis Superman has way better showings than that.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By KanyeCosby

I feel like I should note that although this is a higher end feat, In Infinite Crisis, Post Crisis Superman was stalemating Earth 2 Superman, who is a casual planet buster.

hulksmash134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercinwithamouth: The mass he'd be carrying would only be equal to the weight of the atmosphere which shouldn't be that much for Superman.