Could he be Supermans Joker?

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By 2cool4fun

So I was reading the second half of Superman: Doomed since I took a small break from comics when it was happening. When I came across this:

No Caption Provided

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By 2cool4fun

To put more to the theory, he is was called "superman's first enemy" , just like joker is the first "super villain" Batman ever fought. and he seemed to be laughing a lot.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Superman's Joker was revealed in the solicits of B/S #20!

Way to go DC :P By the way many viners actually guessed the correct answer.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Yeah some Viners have already guessed the right answer thanks to DC's spoiler filled solicits for March. It would undercut any pretence of originality that Pak had in the first place.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@lvenger said:

Yeah some Viners have already guessed the right answer thanks to DC's spoiler filled solicits for March. It would undercut any pretence of originality that Pak had in the first place.

Well, not completely. Kandorians might be just goons, but there could be also guy who put them into action/leader of terrorist cell/ or mind-controls them. In such case he will be true “Superman’s Joker”. Might be Phantom King, anyone else or no one at all.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lvenger

@sanohibiki said:

@lvenger said:

Well, not completely. Kandorians might be just goons, but there could be also guy who put them into action/leader of terrorist cell/ or mind-controls them. In such case he will be true “Superman’s Joker”. Might be Phantom King, anyone else or no one at all.

Eh even so that would be kinda predictable given how he escaped the Phantom Zone at the end of Doomed. Plus Morrison never wrote him in a Joker like way. More of a Mad Scientist from Krypton.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SanoHibiki

@lvenger:

Well, his madness might have got worse with years.

I’m not insisting that our culprit is Phantom King exactly. Might be anyone else.

Even Hammond is a bit suspicious to me. He scanned Earth and found several millions of people who could be potential psychopaths – and only one with actual ability to make it happen – Lobo. Why he didn’t found Kandorians flying around? Don’t think that their size could hide their minds from telepath.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

If you mean a true arch nemesis then he already has one, his name is Lex Luthor.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By senglord

Pre 52 had the best inversion of Superman ever with Hank Henshaw as Cyborg Superman.

Then, they scrapped on their best storylines.

At least they are trying to repair the damage to Batman from 88-89

Zandalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Zandalf

@lvenger said:

yep,i thought of that too,probably someone is manipulating them in the shadows.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@2cool4fun: Batman First Enemy is not The Joker. In fact Batman have many villains before The Joker created in 1940.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boynerdgeek: I know, but as I already said the joker is his first "super villain"

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While it's probably already confirmed, I wouldn't mind Xa-Du (think that's PK's name) being a more psychotic villain. Personally, I wished Superman's Joker was a JLD-esque supernatural entity.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@2cool4fun: I personally don't think it is myself due to a way Pak uses Superman's suicide scenes in history but others would say it is.