Convergence Superman 2 thoughts.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Personally I loved it, great stroy great art and most importantly it's the suoerman I grew up with as a kid. Speaking of kids pre 52 Supes and Lois now bouncing baby boy, hopefully if the Pre 52 universe is brought back at some point they start supermans stroy off from that point, because I think it would be cool to see Supes as a dad.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Βοught it.

I thought it was okay.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn the new 52 :( I loved it too and the nostalgia and the feels coupled with Dan Jurgen's art. Want more!

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazing and sorely missed. Farewell to that iteration of the DCU :(

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weird.

Why am I the only one who didn't felt nostalgic?

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Superguy1591

@squalleon: Maybe you've just finally accepted N52 Supes.

=)

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Squalleon

@superguy1591 said:

@squalleon: Maybe you've just finally accepted N52 Supes.

=)

Why do you continue having this idea that I hate N52 Supes?

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A tad humiliating for Shazam, Cyborg and Green Lantern to be so handily dealt with by Superman...and a bit irresponsible to leave them with Jimmy. Of course Superman can also deliver a baby, what can't Superman do..and people wonder why Superman's so annoying...

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Wanted more action the fight ended too quick.All I saw was a blur and some rumble outside and it was over.

allend4bbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seemed to rush to a conclusion. I hope the main Convergence title sums all these stories up somehow.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was a really enjoyable read, a lot more about the emotional state of the characters than anything else. Also, I forgot that some part of me really misses boy-scout Superman. But frankly, in the context of Convergence, there's at least 4 Supermen i'm more interested in: Pre-Crisis, Kingdom Come, Red Son, and Superman 1 Million. I know it would be out of character for any of these 4, but I'd really like to see any of them throw down.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: maybe because even if it was good, it wasn't as good as other pre flashpoint superman storys.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

@squalleon: maybe because even if it was good, it wasn't as good as other pre flashpoint superman storys.

Probably. Plus I never really liked Jurgens in Superman. I don't know why, but his stories were very meh.

I digged the fight with Cap Thunder though. For complete fanboy reasons ;)

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A tad humiliating for Shazam, Cyborg and Green Lantern to be so handily dealt with by Superman...and a bit irresponsible to leave them with Jimmy. Of course Superman can also deliver a baby, what can't Superman do..and people wonder why Superman's so annoying...

Even the Flashpoint Superman is weaker than Pre-52. He was dealt the quickest.

You are just jealous of his Kryptonian swagger.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: I wouldn't want Wonder Woman to take Superman's or Batman's place in the DCU and watch her trash her teammates with one arm tied behind her back like they're nothing but a nuisance, I'm not that power-hungry

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Titanbreaker

@brunnhilde: Why? Cyborg is really not that equipped to deal with full power Superman, Captain Thunder is weaker than Flashpoint Wonder Woman (as is my understanding) and at no point did he try to call down his magic lightning, instead trying to take Superman in a fist fight something that in Issue 1 was established as Superman being physically stronger. Green Lantern was interesting, he did not want to fight and was probably holding back the most and seemed open to the idea of working together.

As for Flashpoint Superman, Cyborg already said Superman is better than him so was it a surprise that he got taken out off screen by a protective/worried/gloves off Superman?

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180: Superman (the real Superman) as a father is something I really want explored. I loved the bits in Last Son where he got to be a father figure. Clark has always been good with kids, I really wish he was allowed his own, be it biologically or an adopted child.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brunnhilde: Why? Cyborg is really not that equipped to deal with full power Superman, Captain Thunder is weaker than Flashpoint Wonder Woman (as is my understanding) and at no point did he try to call down his magic lightning, instead trying to take Superman in a fist fight something that in Issue 1 was established as Superman being physically stronger. Green Lantern was interesting, he did not want to fight and was probably holding back the most and seemed open to the idea of working together.

As for Flashpoint Superman, Cyborg already said Superman is better than him so was it a surprise that he got taken out off screen by a protective/worried/gloves off Superman?

I didn't read Flashpoint but I saw the animated movie and in it Wonder Woman didn't outhit Shazam, she outmaneuvered him so she's not necessarily stronger as much as just better at close body combat. I'm not surprised by the outcome btw I just wish the fight had been more competitive

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titanbreaker said:

I didn't read Flashpoint but I saw the animated movie and in it Wonder Woman didn't outhit Shazam, she outmaneuvered him so she's not necessarily stronger as much as just better at close body combat. I'm not surprised by the outcome btw I just wish the fight had been more competitive

Perhaps if this had been spaced over 3 issues instead of 2 a bigger, more competitive fight would have been given. I think as a complete mini story it works as Superman was clearly going to win as only Thunder is really on his level, but this is a far different fighting mentality than Shazam/Captain Marvel normally has. He was in a way a parody of the way people think Superman acts in a fight aka POUND THE PROBLEM OUT OF EXISTENCE. Had he been smarter, called down the lightning and maybe used other tactics this would have been a more even fight. Sadly he stuck to one method which Superman has probably seen a dozen or so times and was just outmatched. Hell if it makes you feel any better he did not even seem all that interested in working with Cyborg or Green lantern the only piece of teamwork that stood out to me was him trying to get Superman in an arm lock so the others could attack him.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Perhaps if this had been spaced over 3 issues instead of 2 a bigger, more competitive fight would have been given. I think as a complete mini story it works as Superman was clearly going to win as only Thunder is really on his level, but this is a far different fighting mentality than Shazam/Captain Marvel normally has. He was in a way a parody of the way people think Superman acts in a fight aka POUND THE PROBLEM OUT OF EXISTENCE. Had he been smarter, called down the lightning and maybe used other tactics this would have been a more even fight. Sadly he stuck to one method which Superman has probably seen a dozen or so times and was just outmatched. Hell if it makes you feel any better he did not even seem all that interested in working with Cyborg or Green lantern the only piece of teamwork that stood out to me was him trying to get Superman in an arm lock so the others could attack him.

Superman does fight like that, he doesn't even dodge the blows, he can take it all without a scratch and keep going ad infinitum. The difference between him and Shazam is that Shazam is not an infallible and unconquerable war-machine so he got a knock-out before Superman could even work up a sweat. Obviously Superman was holding back until he heard his wife cry for help, then before you could blink Shazam was finished. It was like "outta my way, I've no time to waste here" and then he also delivered his own baby because Superman is all-purpose too. In the words of an Earth-2 reporter - "Superman makes our Wonders look like Nothing"

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman does fight like that, he doesn't even dodge the blows, he can take it all without a scratch and keep going ad infinitum. The difference between him and Shazam is that Shazam is not an infallible and unconquerable war-machine so he got a knock-out before Superman could even work up a sweat. Obviously Superman was holding back until he heard his wife cry for help, then before you could blink Shazam was finished. It was like "outta my way, I've no time to waste here" and then he also delivered his own baby because Superman is all-purpose too. In the words of an Earth-2 reporter - "Superman makes our Wonders look like Nothing"

I get the feeling that Captain Thunder is not the same level as Shazam/Captain Marvel of the main verse as he and Superman can trade blows for ages before either is in danger of dropping out. (Plus not one use of Magic sealed his fate) I also think time meant this fight got shortened. After all this is a 2 issue story and it is not a Flashpoint heroes book but Superman's.

If a third part had been allowed I imagine Superman vs Flashpoint heroes would have been expanded on. With Thomas Wayne perhaps trying to reason with both Lois and "El" that he can't/wont operate on her. Maybe with Thomas reaching for some Kryptonite hidden in his belt should "El" get violent.

As for how Superman fights, someone on vine compared it to a western style brawler, Superman does not dodge unless he needs to. Cyborg and Green Lantern cannot hurt him with energy blasts, had GL made a big hammer or something clever then who knows, meaning really this was just a fight between Captain Thunder (not utilizing the same tactics, magic or power levels of Shazam/Captain Marvel) vs. Full powered Superman who has fought/met his worlds version of Captain Marvel meaning he has knowledge and experience advantage.

As for the miracle of part, Superman's face when he holds his child tells you what he thinks a miracle is. His powers/feats are really not what he considers amazing, its him and his wife holding their new born son. (Plus Thomas Wayne was directing him, so it was really Clark's hands, The medically trained Thomas Wayne's mind experience delivering the child. He even thanked him for his help.)

STELIOS23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By STELIOS23
Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stelios23

No Caption Provided

If your adaptation of Superman is too "cool" or "Realistic" to pull of anything like that image. Then he is not Superman. Superman can be many things but at his core he needs to be kind, good and a being with power who is willing to help others because that is what he believes is the right thing to do. Not all adaptations are the same and we can appreciate variety and changes to the character. But if the character is not capable of doing that. Then it's not the real Superman.

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By johnqestion

So Superman disses his biological dad for the jerk Sam Lane. Well your whole planet and parents only died so you could live, Supes. But you know, you so human and all that so who cares about where you come from and essentially it allows you to do what you did and save Lois over and over. Honor the guy who in the continuity you came from never deserved this. Sometimes I wonder at the writers. Fan service that makes no sense really looking at the whole history of this version of Superman. For those who read him from the 80ties on wards all of this is poor writing and makes him one of the most uninspiring versions we ever had.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Superman disses his biological dad for the jerk Sam Lane. Well your whole planet and parents only died so you could live, Supes. But you know, you so human and all that so who cares about where you come from and essentially it allows you to do what you did and save Lois over and over. Honor the guy who in the continuity you came from never deserved this. Sometimes I wonder at the writers. Fan service that makes no sense really looking at the whole history of this version of Superman. For those who read him from the 80ties on wards all of this is poor writing and makes him one of the most uninspiring versions we ever had.

If you mean the name of the kid, didn't they name him Jonathan, like his dad?