Can't we have a positive MOS thread for a change?

• 66 results
Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

..Just sayin'

... all the current MOS threads on here at the moment are "I hate MOS" and "what was wrong with MOS" heavy. This is a thread for those who liked it to say why and for some positive comment. Man, there's too much negativity in life these days for all this moaning.

Personally, I thought it fresh, more realistic than the previous films, up to date and different.

Not saying it was flawless, far from it, but not as bad as many on here would make you believe. Most of my non comic reading friends seem to have enjoyed it too. If its box office means more DC films, then its done a good job.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I loved the movie, I thought is a nice re-imagining of Superman's origin, taking bits and pieces from various stories from past re-telling's and giving it a few new twist for a new generation of Superman fans. While I did feel that the movie did move a little too fast at times, rushing through scenes with different characters, that could have been slowed down and given a little more time to breath and develop these fairly new characters. I thought Superman killing Zod was an interesting twist to take the character, as no one saw it coming, and while I know many hate it I thought it was a nice change and only makes Superman's character better as we'll be able to see him react and grow in the sequel due to his actions in the first movie.

I did have one question though, as it's been probably a month since I saw the film and my memories of certain scenes are fuzzy, but did the ship that Superman took to the arctic, the one Zod stole and was planning to use to revive Kryptonians, get destroyed at the end of the movie? I know it was damaged by Superman and that he ship Zod arrive in was sucked back into the Phantom Zone, but was the other ship destroyed as well or simply damaged?

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@war_killer:

I think this ship were badly damaged and then simply crashed. Dont advice activate it, because now its running on Zod's programming. Eradicator, anyone ?

Avatar image for mynamewasdeleted
MyNameWasDeleted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo

get over it, they ruined the whole "SUPER" aspect of Superman

they tarnished all the shiny - destroyed the mythos

MoS has destroyed the Superman franchise for this generation. It may be possible to save him in print, but as far as on film he's as good as done.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@mynamewasdeleted:

MOS had it's flaws, but it didn't destroy Superman for this generation.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lilben42

I like it.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SanoHibiki

@mynamewasdeleted:

Lets see at box office data:

MOS ( which, you think, destroyed the Superman franchise) more than 600 $ million in about a month

SR ( had all mythos intact ) less then 400 $ million after all time.

General auditory prefer MOS, maybe its time to create new Superman's mythos.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@sanohibiki: money =/= quality. look at transformers. if you're going by how much it made......... sad.

NOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo

get over it, they ruined the whole "SUPER" aspect of Superman

they tarnished all the shiny - destroyed the mythos

MoS has destroyed the Superman franchise for this generation. It may be possible to save him in print, but as far as on film he's as good as done.

this is the truth right here.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@war_killer:

I think this ship were badly damaged and then simply crashed. Dont advice activate it, because now its running on Zod's programming. Eradicator, anyone ?

I only ask because I was wondering how Superman was going to build his Fortress of Solitude without Kryptonian technology. I actually liked the idea of the Fortress being an old Kryptonian ship hidden in the arctic instead of it being made of crystal/ice like we've seen before. As for Zod's reprogramming, I'm sure Superman would find away to reverse it eventually, and I say that because I would like to see Jor-El return and continue to mentor Superman as he continues to grow as a hero. It would be interesting to see Jor-El's reaction to Zod's death and how he helps Clark deal with his actions.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I loved the film.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

I though that the film was pretty good.

MyNameWasDeleted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MyNameWasDeleted

@sandman_: yes I do- as overpowered as he can be at times, I do like him

@wolverine08: in film it did- now there needs to be a recovery from the backlash this film has generated

@mynamewasdeleted:

MOS ( which, you think, destroyed the Superman franchise) more than 600 $ million in about a month

UMMMM- yeah, have you converted dollar amounts? taken into account all the added costs associated with IMAX and 3D "fluffing up' the numbers... I don't think Returns was a good movie, but it didn't undo what Superman stands for, what he is capable of and replace all of it with a re-imagined moral compass. MoS ruined the Superman I knew, and has done so for far too many people.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By lilben42

We can't even have positive posts in a positive thread.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

MOS was a great film, IMO. I really, really enjoyed it.

It's definitely up there with my other favourite comic book movies (Nolan Trilogy, X2, First Class and Avengers).

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed the movie, even with all the problems that I had with it. I really like that the turned Zod from the generic Saturday cartoon villain into an actual well-developed character. I hope that Snyder and Goyer read Luthor:Man of Steel so, we can get the real Lex Luthor on the big screen and not the campy real estate obsessed mad scientist that we've seen in previous movies.

MyNameWasDeleted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilben42 said:

We can't even have positive posts in a positive thread.

Truer words have n'ere been spoke

Avatar image for jaydarocknrolla
Jaydarocknrolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i liked the movie,i'll watch the sequels and i've never liked superman.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: On this I totally agree. Never liked much crystall-expanding -FoS. Would like to see Jor-El return too. Crove were the best Jor-El I ever seen.

@mynamewasdeleted:

First Transformer movie were pretty good, not perfect by any means, but fun and easy to watch. Its when second and then third movies basically were clones of first and didnt done any work on previous mistakes, trilogy became the crap.

Who knows, maybe you will like seguel, "Man of Tomorrow".

MoS ruined the Superman I knew, and has done so for far too many people. You said youself. Maybe MOS ruined your image of Superman, some other fans image too, but dont speak for entire generation. Many liked this Superman, new people liked MOS for its action and more grey and realistic attitude.

MyNameWasDeleted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki: Superman by definition is very far from realistic - there is a standard I expect from a Superman film... they are not movies, nor are they flicks... they are supposed to be FILMS. A higher standard. This one didn't meet it, it was a poor representation of any generation's Superman, and you cannot argue that point.

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By LaserLambert

I liked it a lot, I think it is the best super hero movie, but I guess I never really thought that "Best Super Hero Movie" was that high of a goal to reach.

It took risks and tried something different, that alone is applause worthy.

Some problems here or there, with dialogue and a couple characterizations sure, and the daily planet people shouldn't really have been in the movie for more than a few minutes, but whatever.

Loved that Lois figured his identity out first thing, love that she was played by Amy Adams.

Loved Zod, hope to god of all the lame characters from the comics that they make awesome in TV or Movies that they actually bring that version of Zod into the comics, way better than psycho Zod, especially with the stupid goggles.

Faora was great.

Henry Cavill was great, really handled the emotional scenes well when they could have been corny and bad. Great.

I loved the science fiction of the film, and how it not only brings up it's fictional concepts to explain the "how" but also how they made them relevant to the plot.

I'm tired of defending the movie, I'm tired of trying to articulate why I think people whining about the ending or all the destruction should shut up.

I love the movie, I am greatly anticipating the sequel.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

_Braveheart_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By _Braveheart_

I enjoyed the movie.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SanoHibiki

@mynamewasdeleted:

I can argue with that and probably should, but dont want ( at least right now).

You really expect high standart from PG-13 Superhero movie genre ? What can I say to that I really dont know.

For me Superman is composite character. I take elements from his different eras, comics, cartoons, tv-shows and etc. and from them in my mind I create my ideal Superman. In my heart enough place for Reeve, Cain, Welling and now Cavill-Supermans, because, you know, they are all Superman.

Man of Steel is Superman that our generation deserves and, judjing by box office, want to see ( in most cases, at least).

Right now I waiting for sequel and hoping that it would be even better then MOS.

Lets stop our little argument on that note.

MyNameWasDeleted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki: no. lets not because you have taken and convoluted the discussion - let me set you straight. PG-13 and superhero genre have nothing to do with whether a movie is a quality production, or if it is true enough to it's source material to warrant naming it after said source material. This movie had only the most rudimentary ties to Superman, just enough to keep the name, but it could have been anything- put him in a different suit and you could have named it anything you wanted to. If this is as little as you feel your generation deserves then I hope you have a revelation, and discover that you deserve more. You may go right on waiting for the sequel to this schlocky bit of celluloid but I wont throw them another cent. The more I ponder this movie the more it resonates that someone decided to dumb down a fantastic character and give him as few lines as possible in order to hang their hopes on some computer generated special effects to tell the story for them. NOW THIS IS OVER- hope you took notes.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Very much enjoed this film:

1. awesome Krypton sneces in the beginning;

2. bad-ass Jor-El, best version of all Isee;

3. at last Lara have some character to her and not the some faceless woman around Jor-El;

4. loved Cavill's take on Supes, he didnt try to copy Reeve image ( Rounlike uth), but tryed something new;

5. Zod actually looks like General and not one-sided villain, which I cant tell about him in Superman 2;

6. this Lois deserves her Pulitzer Prize, unlike her all other portrayals ( in "Lis and Clark" i think were gag that in future Lois would earned moniker " most stupid woman on Earth")

7. SINGLE MOST AMASING FIGHT SCENES IN ALL SUPERHERO GENRE.

Went to see this movie twice, hope for box office success and prey for the sequel.

Routh had to he was Reeve lol

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally don't care if people like the movie or not as long as it made enough money to greenlight the sequel. I encourage haters to go see the movie and all sequels so they can complain, that way the studio can keep em coming!

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SandMan_

@mynamewasdeleted: Trust me, it didn't destroy anything. It just needs some freaking consistency, have someone other than Goyer to write the screenplay, not more shaky cam, please better pacing and more character development. Add some action too. Its a Superman movie, it needs to have everything. I'm sure the sequel will do better. Now stop hating.

And no Superman is not f*cking overpowered.That's just some BS Superman haters spoil everyone with and just stupid writers who can keep consistency(Lobdell).

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drgnx said:

I personally don't care if people like the movie or not as long as it made enough money to greenlight the sequel. I encourage haters to go see the movie and all sequels so they can complain, that way the studio can keep em coming!

This. Haters bought tickets that led to the 600+ Million.

Haters will return in the sequels cause they need to know what they're hatin and they'll describe in vivid detail the things they hated. Perhaps they will watch it more cause the whiners are nitpickers and they'll come back a couple of times just to make sure they are accurate in nitpicking.,

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People in this place have the wrong image about what heroism means, who the characters are and the comic book continuity.

It like if they never read the comics and their point of view is based on something they read on wikipedia or something like that.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Well, we're comic fans, so naturally we're rarely positive ;)

I stand by my opinion. Call me an apologist, but it was a good movie. Not great, not perfect, but an enjoyable and a solid effort. Were there flaws? Sure. I can even understand some of the complaints. But for the most part I can overlook these problems to enjoy what is a pretty entertaining superhero flick, and hope that they do better next time.

I will say that I found the movie much more understandable when I read someone referring to it as a 'postmodern version of Superman and his universe'. I.e. this is a different incarnation from the one in the comics as he was raised in a more modern, more cynical time. Actually made a lot of things like Pa Kent's death and Zod's death infinitely more digestible.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssejllenrad: LOL Man a lot of things came into light out of this.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

My second favorite CBM movie of all-time.

Henry Cavill was great as Superman. Zod was not bad. Faora was awesome. And so was Jor-El.

The music score was fantastic and the fight scenes were incredibly epic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssejllenrad:

It's like getting gremlins wet, one just spawns more, one complainer spawns a legion.

The new motto: if you b**** they will come!

It's like those people who are famous for being famous, Kim, Paris, even Max; get some controversy and people will flock to you!

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By w0nd

@sandman_: yes I do- as overpowered as he can be at times, I do like him

@wolverine08: in film it did- now there needs to be a recovery from the backlash this film has generated

@sanohibiki said:

@mynamewasdeleted:

UMMMM- yeah, have you converted dollar amounts? taken into account all the added costs associated with IMAX and 3D "fluffing up' the numbers... I don't think Returns was a good movie, but it didn't undo what Superman stands for, what he is capable of and replace all of it with a re-imagined moral compass. MoS ruined the Superman I knew, and has done so for far too many people.

um you dont think the new 52 destroyed the superman you knew? the superman you knew hasn't been around for a while....sorry man

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On the movie: meh

On the topic: Why do people still feel as though they need validation on their positive opinion on Man of Steel? It's been months. Get over it already. If you like it, that's all that should matter.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_

Did Lois and Superman both laugh at themselves possibly killing depowered enemies?

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drgnx: Yes. That Superman also killed and evil version of him and Nuclear Man...

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By w0nd

we can have a positive one, you made the effort to create one, but sooner or later even with all the mos hate threads...someone will come into one based on liking it and talk about how much they hate it.

@novi_homines the same reason people like talking about how much they hate it I guess. Just one of those things

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: Same thing happened with IM3 and TDKR as well...Looks like The Wolverine might fall there too.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_: I admit i've done that before, but now if it's a blatant fan page or thread and I hate it I just avoid it, unless it asks for opinions

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

@drgnx: Yes. That Superman also killed and evil version of him and Nuclear Man...

Reeve also killed potential sequels when he co-wrote Superman 4.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssejllenrad:

An actor, he was!

A writer, he was not!

His soul, bless!

Superboy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Superboy101

Don't really care for what other people have to say about the film, it's their opinion. All that matters is my opinion and I loved it. Can't wait for the sequel.