Calm down guys, looks like Zod does have powers in MOS

• 62 results
SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is from the latest issue of Empire Magazine.

No Caption Provided

I guess that's definitive proof that Superman isn't the only kryptonian with powers or something like that.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

And why would any comic book reader think that Superman is the only kryptonian with powers under a yellow sun?

Zod having powers is a no brainer.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_claw said:

And why would any comic book reader think that Superman is the only kryptonian with powers under a yellow sun?

Yeah, but there was some rumor that Superman would be born with powers on Krypton and Zod and the rest would be wearing armors because they don't have powers and blah, blah, blah.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's because there was a quote going around saying even on krypton Clark was considered special, even though he was an infant child when they sent him away in the trailer it seems. People took those small words and blew it up into something else.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AweSam

Wasn't he fighting Zod in the trailer?

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

ofcourse zod has powers in the movie..... did anyone in the vine think he wouldn't??

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Ah, I like that pic.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deaditegonzo

@w0nd said:

It's because there was a quote going around saying even on krypton Clark was considered special, even though he was an infant child when they sent him away in the trailer it seems. People took those small words and blew it up into something else.

Yeah, I had heard that too, and I had thought the same thing, they really blew that little blurb out of proportion.

Turns out he is special:

"Goyer stated that Superman, or Kal-El as he is born on Kryton, is born illegally in "Man of Steel." "People were bred to be warriors or scientists or what-have-you, and there's a whole element in the movie about nature versus nurture," said Goyer. "Kal-El is unique because he's a natural conception, free from genetic manipulation to choose his own course in life, which also makes his existence highly illegal."

Nightwing4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: I think thats a pretty cool addition to the Superman mythos. He's always been a 'diamond in the rough' kind of character, defending humanity's right to make choices for themselves, so it seems fitting.

This will be a very good movie.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: I think thats a pretty cool addition to the Superman mythos. He's always been a 'diamond in the rough' kind of character, defending humanity's right to make choices for themselves, so it seems fitting.

This will be a very good movie.

You know, for once, I wanna see him become a truly benevolent dictator, but because of western civilization's indoctrination into believing that ANY kind of dictatorship is inherently bad, regardless of methods and that the rights of the individual outweigh the writes of the group, it always ends up collapsing in upon itself in the most easy predictable and contrived of fashions (ironically enough, how democracy was so cow-toed in the Star Wars Universe...again...and again...and again...and again in the endless cycle that Universe seems to go in the endless struggle of chaos and order).

Either way, this movie will "probably" be good (especially with Kryptonians duking it out) and, at the very least, leave people with something that, after fade to blackbolt pointed it out, a lot of marvel movies nowadays don't really try to leave you with, so points for distinguished.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

The entire point of Zod is that he's evil warlord Superman.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By Lvenger

Why was there any doubt that Zod wouldn't have Kryptonian powers?

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HeWhoSees

@lvenger said:

Because other people had doubts.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the fact that he was able to take supes's punches in the new trailer proves he has power otherwise he'd just explode.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

But what were those doubts based on?

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@hewhosees said:

@lvenger said:

...on the air probably.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toptom said:

@lvenger said:

@hewhosees said:

@lvenger said:

...on the air probably.

Lol probably.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@hewhosees said:

@lvenger said:

From what I said before lol. Clark was "special" even on krypton, but special doesn't actually mean a superman baby. People just assumed this and spread the word.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:
@lvenger said:

@hewhosees said:

@lvenger said:

From what I said before lol. Clark was "special" even on krypton, but special doesn't actually mean a superman baby. People just assumed this and spread the word.

I see. Did you see what @deaditegonzo: wrote?

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Yeah, i just didn't want to talk about it because I might accidentally spoil it or say too much :P

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, I think its a neat concept, and can imagine it getting integrated into the main universe. Other than the implications it may have for Supergirl, it fits with what we already know about Kryptonians, and just further cements Superman's significance.

Probably no Spoilers in this post, but just being careful.

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Bow before Zod.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo:

She's so kryptonian it hurts. Her fate was probably decided for her back on the planet, I don't think the change would effect her

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By HeWhoSees

@w0nd said:

@deaditegonzo:

Her fate was probably decided for her back on the planet.

Yep. The writers just decided Clark's fate on earth. :P

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#27  Edited By Teerack

@black_claw said:

Yeah, but there was some rumor that Superman would be born with powers on Krypton and Zod and the rest would be wearing armors because they don't have powers and blah, blah, blah.

Well it took Clark 20 years under the Sun to fully develop his powers, so it would make sense.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By deaditegonzo

@teerack said:

@smashbrawler said:

@black_claw said:

Well it took Clark 20 years under the Sun to fully develop his powers, so it would make sense.

Eh, only in Byrne's origin and the New 52, Byrnes origin being the worst, imo, and the New 52 doesnt seem likely to be where they got their inspiration from. In fact, im pretty sure I remember them saying that they got their inspiration from Secret Origin.

EDIT: And Birthright.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

@smashbrawler said:

@black_claw said:

Eh, only in Byrne's origin and the New 52, Byrnes origin being the worst, imo, and the New 52 doesnt seem likely to be where they got their inspiration from. In fact, im pretty sure I remember them saying that they got their inspiration from Secret Origin.

It also worked that way in Smallville and all of the other Superman movies.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

@deaditegonzo said:

@teerack said:

@smashbrawler said:

@black_claw said:

It also worked that way in Smallville and all of the other Superman movies.

No, the Donner Films, including Returns, showed him as having powers from childhood. Baby Clark lifts a tractor in Superman the Movie, and in Superman Returns he is shown running super speed through a cornfield and jumping from Water towers.

Smallville is a soap opera that has nothing to do with Superman.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: Even if you don't like Smalville it was probably how a huge younger audience got introduced to Superman considering how long the show as been on and the lack of Superman in anything else for so long with the exception of a few minor roles in YJ.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

@deaditegonzo: Even if you don't like Smalville it was probably how a huge younger audience got introduced to Superman considering how long the show as been on and the lack of Superman in anything else for so long with the exception of a few minor roles in YJ.

Dont get me wrong, I appreciate Smallville. But, once the schlock has drawn the youngsters in, we should take that opportunity to introduce them to quality materials about the character.

"Oh, you liked Smallville, well, have you ever heard of 'Kingdom Come'?"

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: Yeah but from my experience when ever I try to get someone into comics they go "Yeah but they're so hard to get into" and I'm like "No there are a lot of good jumping on points and self contained stories" and then they go "but I want to read it from the beginning" then they try it read an older book and never want to read a comic again cause most pre 70's books suck. :P

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

@smashbrawler said:

@black_claw said:

I think that just has to do with age, not how long it takes a kryptonian to get their powers. In the new krypton story the adults all got their powers by the end of the week, they just sucked at using them.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: Hopefully this Man of Steel Movie is as good as it looks, then it may generate the right kind of interest.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait for this movie

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@w0nd said:

Yeah, I had heard that too, and I had thought the same thing, they really blew that little blurb out of proportion.

Turns out he is special:

"Goyer stated that Superman, or Kal-El as he is born on Kryton, is born illegally in "Man of Steel." "People were bred to be warriors or scientists or what-have-you, and there's a whole element in the movie about nature versus nurture," said Goyer. "Kal-El is unique because he's a natural conception, free from genetic manipulation to choose his own course in life, which also makes his existence highly illegal."

Interesting..

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

@lvenger said:

There was an interview a while back that stated that when Kal was born back on Krypton, he was considered to be special even there. People took that as him being the only one with powers. I myself theorized that Clark might possibly have superior powers to that of Zod and the other Kryptonians, hence why they were the armoured suits as they have trouble absorbing yellow sun radiation as quickly as he does. Personally, I think that would make more sense considering he's spent his entire life on Earth.

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By LaserLambert

I think more importantly, this confirms the kryptonians have heat vision, I can't remember any other trailer or teaser showing Superman using heat vision, seemed weird.

anyway, we also saw someone, maybe Zod, not in a big suit, getting punched around by Superman at the end of the last trailer and not getting squashed like a bug.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

Turns out he is special:

WTF? Something useful actually came out of this thread? I almost didn't click on it,,,

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Besides him being the main character/plot relevant how does an average earthborn balance against a warlord?

surely Zod must have some combative ability (unlike the old one)

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

Wasn't this obvious enough?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was an interview a while back that stated that when Kal was born back on Krypton, he was considered to be special even there. People took that as him being the only one with powers. I myself theorized that Clark might possibly have superior powers to that of Zod and the other Kryptonians, hence why they were the armoured suits as they have trouble absorbing yellow sun radiation as quickly as he does. Personally, I think that would make more sense considering he's spent his entire life on Earth.

I see. Now that makes sense why people thought Clark being special meant he was the only super powered kryptonian. Your theory sounds good too. I think I heard something similar in a 'leaked' plot for Man of Steel that turned out to be fan made.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Fan made huh? Haven't heard that one yet. But I don't really understand why some people are losing it over the fact that Clark may be "superior" to that of Zod and the other surviving Kryptonians :P

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Lvenger

@deranged_midget: I'll see if I can find the source but it was a while ago. And it does make sense doesn't it? Clark's spent his life absorbing solar rays so it's fine that he's more powerful than the other kryptonians.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Deranged Midget

@lvenger: Indeed, it also baffled me that they didn't follow that route in the comics either! Zod just appears out of no where and is instantly as powerful as Clark :/

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget: Yeah I always found that a bit strange. I thought it would at least take some time to power up but no instantly as powerful as a life long solar absorbing kryptonian. Still this is comic books we're talking about :P

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: It makes little sense yeah, but I guess you could argue the point that considering Zod was already an adult, his body processed the energy at a far faster rate while Clark's younger body couldn't contain it all until his adolescence

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Lvenger

@deranged_midget: Someone's mentioned that before as to why adult kryptonians can instantly have the powers Clark took years to gain, Seems plausible.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Although it seems rather contradictory when you bring up the fact that Kara is relatively an adult and she spent her entire trip to Earth absorbing yellow sun radiation to gain powers similar to Clark.