Bryan Q. Miller and Cat Staggs Say So Long to Smallville

greenarrowfan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2014/11/14/bryan-q-miller-and-cat-staggs-say-so-long-to-smallville

Since the release of its debut digital first chapter back in 2012, Smallville: Season 11 has continued the storyline that began on The CW’s long-running Smallvilletelevision show. For fans of the show, Smallville: Season 11 offered more of what they loved, on a much larger and all-encompassing scale. For readers unfamiliar with the show, it presented an alternative take on Superman and the Justice League that was free from current comic book continuity and contained no shortage of shocks and surprises. Throughout its run, the Smallville comic saw Superman meet Batman for the very first time, get recruited by the Green Lantern Corps, square off against a vastly altered Lex Luthor, and in its most recent arc, “Continuity,” face an altered reality in Smallville’s take on DC’s classic Crisis.

After a robust run of thirteen years that included Superman’s 75th Anniversary in 2013, the adventures are finally coming to a close for this unique vision of the Man of Steel. Today’s digital first SMALLVILLE: CONTINUITY #12 is the climactic chapter of Smallville: Season 11 and the final installment of the franchise. To commemorate the occasion, we sat down with Smallville: Season 11 writer and former Smallville television writer Bryan Q. Miller as well as series cover artist Cat Staggs to discuss saying goodbye to Superman, which storyline they’re most proud of, and what words of advice they may have for the man in the red and blue.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By buttersdaman000

It sucks, but I can't wait to catch up and read the conclusion. I'm gonna miss Welling Superman.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I'm hoping to catch up in trades. I only have the first 2. Continuity sounds great

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By dorukesin

I miss TV series

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The ending was so insanely bittersweet for me. That last page though, just amazing...I'm really going to miss this comic!

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not missing TV series in slightest, but this book is (was) surprisingly good, considering on what mess it was based.

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By redwingx

Best Superman book since new52 happened. I will greatly miss this.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

I may pick up some of the Tpbs. I didn't like the series but I hear only good things about the comic.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I am so gutted that this is ending. It was such a good series and easily one of the best comics on sale today. I watched the series and always thought it showed promise. The comic capitalized on the superman universe and introduced some awesome elements. Gonna miss it.