Batman Get's Top Billing for Superman's New Movie? C'mon!

• 79 results
SuperCow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So as many of you may know, The new title for the Man of Steel sequel has been announced recently by Warner Brothers, and I'm sure you all have different opinions about this.

Me? Oh, I hate it. Why, you may ask? Well, it's supposed to be Superman's new movie, not Batman, Superman, okay WB? Superman, say with me now SU-PER-MAN. Why would they give top billing in Supe's new movie to Batman? It's because he's the more popular hero amongst the ill informed general public. As you can tell I'm not in favor of this title, Dawn of Justice would've been perfectly fine, but no, they had to make a Batman V Superman lawsuit. Might as well call it Batman V Superman V Supreme Court.

Also to avoid any confusion, I don't hate Batman, he is amongst my favorite characters, I'm just tired of this.

So post your thoughts, ladies and gentlemen.

-SuperCow

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I would have liked it to be Superman vs. Batman if they had to do the vs. in the title thing (come on this is a sequel to Man of Steel)

but I'm not too bummed out about it, it's a small nitpick thing for me and hey atleast his name is still in the title right?. Or maybe they were going for Alphabetical consistency?

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It doesn't really matter to me. I think the entire title is kind of silly anyway. I don't think it should have been anything with "vs." in it and dawn of justice sounds a little cheesy but it doesn't really matter as long as the movie is good.

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By _Atomikill_
No Caption Provided

VinoVash1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt its a superman sequel.....more like a JL prequel.

And seriously guys? complaining about the title? come on, thats pathetic.....

TheBhramaBull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supercow:

It's not Superman's movie, it's Batman's now, he gets top billing because he is the top dog.

He has the greatest superpower in the DC Universe, the power to bring WB/DC the most $$$$$$$$.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It's based off Miller's The Dark Knight Returns too. When will Superman fans learn that whenever Batman and Superman meet, Superman is about to be embarrassed.

Stop acting like this is an equal partnership worthy of our money/fandom, maybe then DC will stop writing them together.

SuperCow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591@vinovash1234

No it's not pathetic, think about it. I mean why include a "V" at all, plus it really show's (subtly) Batman is being prioritized over Superman. I do agree this is more of a JL prequel, however the "V" is unnecessary.

I understand it's business, but what really bothers me is how the film will be based off of Miller's TDKR, it's not a JL worthy story, it's a Batman story, I just want it be something everyone can enjoy, like how the Avengers didn't focus on one main character, but apparently everyone means... Batman fans..

TheBhramaBull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheBhramaBull

@supercow:

This isn't a JL story, it's a Batman/Superman story setting up a JL story.

Batman's last 2 movies brought in over 2 billion dollars without any team ups, that's why he is priority. If this turns out to be a good film the majority of people who watch it will enjoy it regardless of how the titular superheroes are treated.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Superguy1591

@thebhramabull: yep, get ready for chin music. Also, Geoff hinted at Batman one upping Superman in the comics too, Superman and Diana will break up because she'll fall for Batman.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ArchiZoom

@superguy1591: shocking. Wonder Woman's name's not even in the title. If Supercow allows himself to whinge about such a petty little thing, I should make a scene. Meanwhile Wonder Woman continues to be treated as Superman's bitch and in the not so distant future, she'll become Batman's bitch. Johns is completely out of his mind and you guys are overprivileged really, the universe really does grade on a curve.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed with what the OP said but also for me the name sounds really lame! I would've liked to see World's finest or World's Finest:dawn of justice it's just SO much cooler!! SMH...

It's based off Miller's The Dark Knight Returns too.

Please don't say things like that, please!! I trust Zack Snyder to not be such a @#$%*&! and take possibly the worst characterization of superman and adapt that. I'm not even gonna mention the writer cuz i might get banned from CV for excessive abusing.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It should be called Batman and the super friends

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebhramabull: yep, get ready for chin music. Also, Geoff hinted at Batman one upping Superman in the comics too, Superman and Diana will break up because she'll fall for Batman.

You know i might just let that one slip because Geoff already F*%$& Batman's life by making Lex Flippin Luthor learn his Identity.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. This is not just a Superman movie, its a Batman and Superman movie.
  2. This is not based on TDKR, its just borrowing some concepts from the book.
  3. We don't know for sure Batman will win, Superman could also win or this could also be a tie.
  4. Wonder Woman is not in the name because she's doesn't have a big role in the movie and anyway who cares about her when Batman and Superman is in the movie and and the title would'v sound ridiculous if she was included.
Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It's because Batman sells.

Look at the New 52, he has had more appearances than anyone else!

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Wolverine008

@rustyroy said:
  1. This is not a Superman movie, its a Batman movie.
  2. This is not based on TDKR, its just borrowing some concepts from the book.
  3. We don't know for sure Batman will win, Superman could also win or this could also be a tie.
  4. Wonder Woman is not in the name because she's doesn't have a big role in the movie and anyway who cares about her when Batman and Superman is in the movie and and the title would'v sound ridiculous if she was included.

Fixed!

Superman fans:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

They're probably going to have near-equal screen time in the movie, so I don't see why having Batman's name first in the title matters to fans at all. It's not like Supes doesn't get respect and this is some massive disgrace. But the reason why the company did it is obviously because Batman sells more than Superman does.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@rustyroy: I'm trying to rustle the Superman fans!

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

See the vs. Doesn't make any sense. So, the whole movie is based around a battle between them? It shouldn't take a whole movie for them to figure out their on the same side.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: Meanwhile, we've been told of zero other books that this is based off of besides TDKReturns. Plus, what does it even mean "burrowed elements" from it?

All we've been told is that it is a vs. movie with Batman being the perspective we'll take, Snyder thought it was wise to use Miller's f-u to introduce the movie and that it will draw elements from TDKReturns. Hmm...there's no such thing as a joint partnership between these two. Superman always gets the shortend of the stick.

I think WW's costume will be the make/break for me on this movie. If it's a bikini, I'm done. Such a shame too, I love Cavill as Superman, but he's being wasted.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizoom: You keep saying this, but Superman has only been portrayed as the more powerful of the two physically. In that relationship, Diana has been the one given constant respect by being the decisive one of the two, Diana has been beating Supes' rouges and Supes has omly interacted with hers once.

And i told you, Wonder Woman will be the one who breaks the relationship up.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@archizoom: Why would WW's name even be in the title when she probably only has a bit part?

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By RustyRoy

@superguy1591: Did they have to tell you which books they were "drawing elements" from when you saw MoS? But when you watched the movie you possibly saw many things taken from the comics, same with this movie, Snyder never said he was adapting TDKR, he even denied that it was a live action version of TDKR. And I doubt it will favor Batman over Superman or Superman over Batman.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would have preferred it Superman/Batman because it sounds better to me to have the soft s ahead of the hard b. Then again the whole blank vs blank is a terrible sounding name. Seriously I doubt I'll be calling it that when I'm talking about it.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: @dagmar_merrill: @_atomikill_: C'mon guys, let's try and be a little more mature. It's not cool to invalidate people's opinions in such cheep meaningless ways. Introducing a lack of respect always breaks conversation down, and halts the proper thought process. If you feel like this guy's worry's are for nothing, then don't just post some insulting image, talk about it.

Wittywally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591:

I agree. People keeps saying that ww is propping sm. I disagree.

Copy pasted my post from previous thread.

@bruxae: @toplel:

I'd have to disagree with you. Prop him up? They're about equal. If anything it's superman who is always chasing after her. He even complained that ww won't even say her feelings for him. Ww is the dominant one in their relationship.

People were complaining that ww has no feats and clark will always just save her. Well they gave her "great" feats. So far we have Clark interrupting her fights and trying to help her while ww SAVE clark against 2 kryptonians. She got the upper hand against 2 kryptonian that was easily manhandling clark. She also avoided clarks attack and kick him in the latest sm/ww issue. If anything, its clark whos propping diana up.

And i agree with @bruxae (sorry, i dont know how to call people so i just hit reply T_T) that diana has the upper hand against DD. All dd did against her is push her against the wall before clark interferred.

"WOAH THIS PERSON GOT THEIR ASS KICKED', but then 'WAIT, NOW THEY'RE THE ONE DOING THE ASSKICKING'. You can only fall for that and call it a good showing if you've got the attention span of a goldfish."

What? What made you say that? Kind of unfair assesment isn't?

Well those two reportes used to / is working with clark. Afaik they still dont know who clark is and they used to/spend way more time with clark than they with diana. iirc its the 1st time they saw diana. Kind of unfair that they get a free pass for supermans identity while calling them out for wonderwomans.

Well that belly button existed when ww is still supposed to wear pants. My artFx+ wonderwoman statue have that.

Well daniels work with Sm/ww is getting good reviews from ign.

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#31  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Watching Campea on Movie talk today he interpreted the title from a legal view. Hence the "v" instead of "vs" and Batman in front of Superman, because the person who has a grievance is named first.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_atomikill_: True, and I don't exactly like the way he worded it himself. Still, not exactly the best thing to post. Ultimately though it doesn't matter, it's not like I'm the "posting cop" (best I could think of of the top of my head). I guess all I really want is for people to be a little more sensitive online. (but if you want to joke around a little I'm also fine with that)

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SanoHibiki

Don’t care at all about who got the top billing. Batman/Superman or Superman/Batman, the end result is the same – we got two biggest heroes in DC in one movie. VS or now officially V – I got a problem with that part; just looks silly to me.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: Why not just use World Finest, Superman/Batman and Justice League books? Why is a Batman book the only book that has been expressed as a source?

Come on, you can try to spin it all you want, but until Snyder tells us what other books were influenced...it's a TDKReturns influenced movie.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35  Edited By Squalleon

Don’t care at all about who got the top billing. Batman/Superman or Superman/Batman, the end result is the same – we got two biggest heroes in DC in one movie. VS or now officially V – I got a problem with that part; just looks silly to me.

This.
And Dawn of Justice sounds so cheesy and unecessary.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Watching Campea on Movie talk today he interpreted the title from a legal view. Hence the "v" instead of "vs" and Batman in front of Superman, because the person who has a grievance is named first.

Makes sense. Does this logic calm you down @allstarsuperman?

John1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By John1

I would have gotten if they had given Bats the top billing – if this were still Nolan’s Batman and we were talking about Christian Bale. The fact that there is a completely new Batman makes me wonder why you would give him the top billing indeed. Strange choice, but I hope for something good.

Thorverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's face the facts. WB is trying to parlay this into the JLA. Why they didn't do this with the DK Trilogy is beyond me, that being said, they recognize realities. The Trilogy was epic. MOS was margainal, maybe underrated, but no where near the Trilogy. They have a formula for making great Batman movies. To spawn the JLA off Batman makes complete sense. To spawn it of MOS 2, that's shakey. Far too much rides on this. Even if JLA never approaches the Avengers cash flow, there is still plenty of $$$$$ to be made of JLA. No need to risk that off MOS what the caped crusader is money in the bank.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: Exactly, she won't play an important role, hasn't had her own eponymous film yet your ilk complains about petty little things like Batman getting "top billing" so to speak.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Superguy1591

@archizoom: Is it Superman's fault that WB doesn't want to give WW a movie? Not really, it's simply due to the fact that she's a woman and they think having Superpowers makes you unrelatable and harder to write for because they made a suck Green Lantern and the reboot MoS couldn't make as much as the third movie for Iron Man coming off The Avengers.

Why do you think WB wants to play up the serious angle? Because WB thinks if you're not like Batman, you don't sell.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizoom: She only has a bit part because the purpose of the movie is about Batman and Superman. Now it may or may not be petty but it is at least relevant to what's happening. Wonder Woman has nothing to do with it.

No character deserves a movie. Not Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman or any other. Characters get movies because studios believe they have something that will have that character making them money. If there is a point where they believe they have something for Wonder Woman good enough they will be pimping her @$$ out to the point of over use. (I'm looking at you Batman/Spider-Man) It's not like there is some grudge against her. They want Wonder Woman to work. They want that bank. That's why they are testing the waters again by giving her a bit part in a movie about Superman and Batman.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ArchiZoom

@dernman: I agree, I honestly agree with that but those are all the same reasons Batman got top billing right. He's the goose that lays the golden eggs.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: I agree, I honestly agree with that but those are all the same reasons Batman got top billing right. He's the goose that lays the golden eggs.

Yes

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

..it does bother me that arguments over this film are gonna set Batman and Superman fans against each other for the next 10 years at least! Ironic really as an awful lot of Superman fans love Batman too and vice versa.

SuperCow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SuperCow

Okay, this is a really different response from what I originally thought, but hey it's the internet.

Okay,

1. Yes, the movie isn't inspired by TDKR, it takes element's from the story. The Batman in the film is supposed to be ‘Tired, Weary & Seasoned’, do we really want a tired and old Batman, and more importantly does WB really think people are going to enjoy the transition from a young energetic Bale Batman to an old and weary Afleck Batman? On a side note: Afleck doesn't even look that old.

2. The title may not sound like a big deal to you, but if your really think about it, the title of a film really does say something about the content in it, whether you choose to believe me or not. Imagine "Saving Private Ryan" being titled something different..

3. The WW Superman Relationship is irrelevant right now, and WW will probably receive a minor role, as a preamble to the JL film.

4. Yes, I get why Batman is getting top billing, I was just stating why I don't like it.

5. As previous others have posted, why do they need to have a "V" at all, do they plan on making a 2hr 30 min battle? Will it really take that long for these two known heroes to figure out they're on the same team? THAT is what makes the title so inappropriately named.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: Say whatever you want about me being anti-Batman, but Batman vs. Superman fights are done purely for Batman fans.

Whether Batman wins or loses, Batman still wins. If Batman wins, he just took down a god. He's a badass. When Superman wins, Batman just survived a fight with Superman. That's impressive, he's not supposed to survive a fight like that much less hold his own.

Superman, on the other hand, doesn't get such benefits. Superman gets the fighting a girl rule. Whenever he wins, he's supposed to win and he looks bad if he enjoys it. Whenever he loses, he just lost to a girl (Batman) and he's embarrassed.

I think the only time Superman fans were happy to see Superman fight Batman was in the N52 JL issue, and Superman fans didn't even get to enjoy it because everyone called him a jerk.

Superman fans aren't excited fir this fight, win or lose. The only reason we're bummed about it is because we know that when Batman wins, Superman will be humiliated and that we'll have to put up with the general population talking about "how Superman is a p*$$y and how awesome Batman is".

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

@captainmarvel4ever: Well it was a lot easier than saying how silly I think all of this is over top billing.

SuperCow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

...Y'all mad?

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Black_Arrow

People interpreted the "v" doesn't stand for VS, It stands for V of the character of V for vendetta.

No Caption Provided