• 76 results
Posted by Saint_Wildcard (10761 posts) 10 months, 25 days ago

Poll: Are you buying the MoS movie? (94 votes)

Yes 77%
No 22%

I'm totes going to get the Blu Ray (and in doing so I have to buy a Blu Ray player). I heard it has more features. Its rare for me to buy a movie that isnt comedy. Mostly cus I like to hear the commentary and on comedy movies/shows the cast tends to be funny (watch WKUK commentary online), it's sad to say but none of the cast or Zack strike me as funny people. Putting that aside, if you're buying, which one are you getting?

#1 Posted by Cyclonus_The_Warrior (129 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to buy it as a big fan of Supes. Not sure if I'll get it on blu-ray or DVD. The blu-ray probably does have a lot of features, but I don't buy movies for features. For me, if the movie is lousy then features mean less than nothing to me.

#2 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1527 posts) - - Show Bio

Loved this movie far more than I though I would and will have it in my hands as soon as it comes out.

#3 Edited by SanoHibiki (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course I am going to buy this movie – waiting for release with more features.

#4 Posted by HumanRocket (8389 posts) - - Show Bio

Not at this moment. Like many of the other comic book films I own I usally wait about 2 to 3 years to buy it when prices have drop to the lowest they will ever get. Yes I'm cheap I know XD

#5 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21972 posts) - - Show Bio

usually im like that guy^ but im definitely getting MOS as soon as I can.

#6 Edited by Pokeysteve (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell yes! Day one!

#7 Edited by Aiden Cross (15569 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, I thought it was pretty terrible actually.

#8 Posted by Magmaster12 (58 posts) - - Show Bio

I can not give the terrible movie a single penny of money.

#9 Edited by attatje (1421 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Aiden Cross (15569 posts) - - Show Bio

@attatje: Sure =) Keep in mind this is just my opinion though. I didn't like how they showed Krypton and its culture. Lois shooting everyone in the spaceship, Zod's death, Superman killing, seperately cavill and lois act fine but together there's just no chemistry. It wasn't inspiring. I felt all that the movie built up to with Clark struggling to fit in and then when he put on the suit everything was fine all of a sudden. Jonathan Kent stating that he 'maybe' should've just let the kids in the bus die. There were really a whole bunch of things i didnt like, and i cringed quite a lot. Not to say it's all bad though, the action and visuals were good =)

#11 Posted by Jake Fury (18756 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't go to the theater so I shall give it a buy!

#12 Edited by Saint_Wildcard (10761 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Mercy_ (92767 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll give it a whirl On Demand, but doubt it.

#14 Posted by Jake Fury (18756 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_ said:

you know you want it! ;-)

#15 Posted by Mercy_ (92767 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_ said:

you know you want it! ;-)

Stop it, Jake! You're an enabler >_<

#16 Posted by Jake Fury (18756 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_: Mwuahahahaha. I'll give you the code for my digital copy, deal?

#17 Posted by attatje (1421 posts) - - Show Bio

@aiden_cross: Ok I see, I actually loved the movie and thought Zod´s dead implies Superman not having formed his code yet but just wanting to save those people, but I have to agree on the Jonathan Kent part because in the movies he seemed less nice than in the comics (and Smallville)

#18 Edited by Novemberx2 (453 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, it really enjoyed it as blockbuster film, and even as a superman fan i thought it did a good job with essentially the most bland superhero ever created. It had its flaws but they are nothing in comparison to Superman 1978 era

#19 Edited by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes

#20 Posted by WIshIWasSuperman (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be aiming to get one of the collectors editions ASAP. While there is the one in the silver tin shaped like the shield, there is a German one that still has English language audio and comes with a statuette. I can't decide between the two and can't justify buying both.

#21 Posted by toptom (1181 posts) - - Show Bio

Absolutely. I've taken it as soon it has hit the stores.

#22 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not a whiny MOS hater so yeah.

#23 Posted by War Killer (20261 posts) - - Show Bio

Most likely, yes.

#24 Edited by PowerHerc (84383 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be getting it.

#25 Posted by Billy Batson (58070 posts) - - Show Bio

@attatje: Sure =) Keep in mind this is just my opinion though. I didn't like how they showed Krypton and its culture. Lois shooting everyone in the spaceship, Zod's death, Superman killing, seperately cavill and lois act fine but together there's just no chemistry. It wasn't inspiring. I felt all that the movie built up to with Clark struggling to fit in and then when he put on the suit everything was fine all of a sudden. Jonathan Kent stating that he 'maybe' should've just let the kids in the bus die. There were really a whole bunch of things i didnt like, and i cringed quite a lot. Not to say it's all bad though, the action and visuals were good =)

I get the other complains but what was wrong with Krypton?
BB

#26 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9779 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by toplel (922 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Its not worth it. The soundtrack, though, is something deserving of praise and my money.

#28 Edited by Saint_Wildcard (10761 posts) - - Show Bio

@aiden_cross said:

Nope, I thought it was pretty terrible actually.

@toplel said:

No. Its not worth it. The soundtrack, though, is something deserving of praise and my money.

I can not give the terrible movie a single penny of money.

#29 Posted by Aiden Cross (15569 posts) - - Show Bio

@billy_batson: nothing really. Krypton has seen many changes and interpretations over the years and the one they showed in MoS was zlso in there. It was just my least favorite version :)

#30 Posted by 90mv (105 posts) - - Show Bio

Ehh probably not

#31 Edited by flameboy298 (1908 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope

#32 Posted by The Stegman (24661 posts) - - Show Bio

Absolutely. I bought a Blu Ray player JUST to get this movie!

#33 Posted by SanoHibiki (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

Absolutely. I bought a Blu Ray player JUST to get this movie!

Dat dedication!

#34 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (10761 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be aiming to get one of the collectors editions ASAP. While there is the one in the silver tin shaped like the shield, there is a German one that still has English language audio and comes with a statuette. I can't decide between the two and can't justify buying both.

Are those only going to be available online or at store? Cus I dont want to pay too much for shipping or wait to long for it to ship, I want it as soon as its out.

#35 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

No. I enjoyed the movie, watched it twice however I'm not buying it. If I want to see it again that's what the Internet is for ;)

#36 Posted by RogueShadow (10870 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup.

#37 Posted by Squares (6909 posts) - - Show Bio

Short answer? No.

Long answer? Noooooooooooooooooooooooo.

#38 Posted by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely!

#39 Edited by thespideyguy (2642 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll get the torrent but I won't buy it.

#40 Posted by Tohoma (1462 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes its a must buy for me.

#41 Posted by WIshIWasSuperman (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

@saint_rog_el: the collectors tin should be available just about anywhere. The statuette one is from Germany specifically so probably need to go online

#42 Edited by Bruxae (13984 posts) - - Show Bio

Since I liked it so suprisingly much I will for sure, perfect addition to my collection.

#43 Edited by ColaNicole (592 posts) - - Show Bio

I couldn't imagine not buying it. Film had its flaws, sure, but the fight scenes were fantastic. Liked Cavill as Supes and Faora was great.

#44 Edited by Saint_Wildcard (10761 posts) - - Show Bio

I find it fnat the score for the movie by audiences almost anywhere is 75%, and so is the buy rate here in CV

#45 Posted by consolemaster001 (5670 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe, i don't think i need to see it again.

#46 Edited by UltimateJonathan (107 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell yeah

#47 Posted by Blackdog2009 (1840 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes of course. It's the best Superhero movie out there right now.

#48 Posted by Al_capOWN (534 posts) - - Show Bio

Not as good as Dark knight trilogy but yes Ill be buying it.

#49 Posted by EnigmaLantern (763 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by THORSON (2449 posts) - - Show Bio

i did, after a long wait and i'm sort of disappointed.

I thought it would be ranked higher than THOR 2, but nah.

that's my opinion, if you don't like it then you are a batman fanboy.