#1 Edited by Squalleon (4059 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey guys can you recommend me some of Kelly's superman work except Action comics 775.

I always hear how good he was but i have only read two or three stories from his run.

#2 Edited by Lvenger (17906 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon: Definitely pick up his Superman/Wonder Woman annual where Superman and Wonder Woman are transported to Valhalla and fight demons with Thor. Also a Christmas issue by him involving Etrigan is really good.

#3 Posted by Squalleon (4059 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@squalleon: Definitely pick up his Superman/Wonder Woman annual where Superman and Wonder Woman are transported to Valhalla and fight demons with Thor. Also a Christmas issue by him involving Etrigan is really good.

I Have, it was awesome.As for the christmas issue i will have to pick it up.

#4 Posted by Lvenger (17906 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

I Have, it was awesome.As for the christmas issue i will have to pick it up.

No problem. I'm a big fan of Kelly's run so I can find some other stories if you want.

#5 Edited by Squalleon (4059 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger:

If you have time sure :-).

i have read Emperor Joker,President Lex,Action Comics 775 and godfall.

#6 Posted by Lvenger (17906 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger:

If you have time sure :-).

i have read Emperor Joker,President Lex,Action Comics 775 and godfall.

Well a lot of his run is crossed over with the other Superman titles but I can think of some stories that are definitely worth reading. Ending Battle, which is a crossover, is an awesome Superman storyline where a bunch of Superman's enemies find out who he is and set out to kill him and his loved ones. The ending is really something special. Plus Action Comics 800 is pretty good too. 787-788 are worth a read as well.

#7 Posted by Squalleon (4059 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Lvenger (17906 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon: No problem. Just ask if you want anything else. A couple of his issues on Superman/Batman are really great reads as well.

#10 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (1951 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: would you happen to know of any trades for kelly's run?

#11 Posted by Lvenger (17906 posts) - - Show Bio

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: I'm afraid I haven't been able to find any such trades for Kelly's run but let me look into it more and I'll get back to you.

#12 Edited by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

There was one with Ra and Talia. There is also that Russian Zod storyline.

#13 Edited by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (1951 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Thanks man, ive been wanting to read his run for awhile as ive only read ending battle, godfall and truth justice and the american way and enjoyed them all.

#14 Edited by Lvenger (17906 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: XD There is also Godfall...but that was the last of Joe Kelly's run.

#16 Posted by Lvenger (17906 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_: Ugh that was poor IMO. Aside from that, Kelly has one of the best Superman runs ever up there with Elliot Maggin and Curt Swan. But Godfall is a blemish on an otherwise spotless record.

#17 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: eh, it had a cool costume at least. That's all I remember at the moment.

#18 Posted by Lvenger (17906 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_: Well that's to be expected when Michael Turner (may he RIP) is involved in artistic duties for a storyline.

#19 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (1951 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: I found the list of trades cool thing is they also collect Loeb, Casey and Schultz run on all the superman title

#20 Posted by Lvenger (17906 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Edited by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (1951 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Google/Amazon I dont think it collects the entire run but still a pretty good chunk of it in about 11 trades