Anyone keeping up with Future's End Superman?

• 59 results
SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By SaintWildcard

Probably a shot in the dark but things are getting interesting in Future's End with Superman and Constantine. Cus *spoilers*

Braniac is being outside the Multiverse and Superman has only faced drones or avatars of him. Braniac for some reason also fears Superman. Clark and Constantine are now on a journey to find him. And COnstatine can no longer do magic

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Futures End happens 5 years into future from current main timeline, right? Looks like that by that time Superman would get back to his Pre-New-52 counterpart’s built – I mean, look at his figure, friggin bear…

Can’t say that I’m keeping with Superman in this book. I didn’t like the main idea behind Future End’s storyline and dropped after its third issue.

If you’re reading it, what would you suggest – is it worth picking up again?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you’re reading it, what would you suggest – is it worth picking up again?

Hmmm, IDK. I wish I could say yes but there is a lot of story going on. Some of it interesting some of it not so much. The stuff with Superman is really good. And the fact that Constantine is gonna be the one to help him make it even better. cus he's one of my favorite characters Being a weekly though. you won't always get to see Superman. The Earth 2 weekly seems t be a lot smaller in scale and it benefits from that. It's damn good but so gruesome

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard said:

Hmmm, IDK. I wish I could say yes but there is a lot of story going on. Some of it interesting some of it not so much. The stuff with Superman is really good. And the fact that Constantine is gonna be the one to help him make it even better. cus he's one of my favorite characters Being a weekly though. you won't always get to see Superman. The Earth 2 weekly seems t be a lot smaller in scale and it benefits from that. It's damn good but so gruesome

That’s reason enough to try this book again. Even if I’ll end not liking it again, I can always read only Supes-centered issues.

P.S. Thanks for answering.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Kidd

What I don't get is why Constantine even knows about Brainiac Prime.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard said:

That’s reason enough to try this book again. Even if I’ll end not liking it again, I can always read only Supes-centered issues.

P.S. Thanks for answering.

Superman makes his first appearance in 17 but that was just a cliff hanger (although it does contain Constantine trying to find him). 18 would be the place to start, and if you want I can always tell you which ones are have Superman in it.

@the_kidd said:

What I don't get is why Constantine even knows about Brainiac Prime.

Cus he's a bad ass. But seriously, idk. I guess we'll find out later, unless I skimmed through that part.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: what do you mean by gruesome ? Do you mean that it is bad or that there is gore in it ?

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SanoHibiki

@z3ro180:

Personally don’t read FE right now, but from what I heard so far – second variant.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard:

if you want I can always tell you which ones are have Superman in it.

Je vous serais très reconnaissant.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@the_kidd: Constantine said something about a prophecy, and he only knew its name

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep. Haven't missed an issue. Although Superman story is very clouded. We know something happened during Earth-0 and Earth-2 war, something that he was forced to do, and by all accounts, forced by Batman. He apparentely used what seemed like a kriptonite based machine to do something to Superman. Maybe he needed Superman to go all out, release him from his inibitions so he would turn into a berserk/killing force. That would explain at least two of the four things that happened.

1. Superman breaking into Batman's cave, destroying everything and almost killing Bruce in the process.

2. When Batman got back to his feet, he tried to find Superman, again using kriptonite, but to no affect. He went to his fortress and found only Krypto and Steel, and both of them didn't wanted him there. Steel pratically told him to f@#$ off.

3. Kal telling Constantine that he would never be Superman again because of the things he did, during the war.

4. When Diana was trapped in the underworld of Hades and Superman from the present appeared to help her, he asked how she knew he wasn't that timeline Superman, and she told him that because of certain events that had happened Diana was the least of Superman's concerns. In fact the way she put it, was more like, she had done something that broke all ties between her and him. Most likely because she knew what Bruce had planed to do in the war, and went along. Basically a double betrayal, from both his former best friend and former love.

Future's End if anything is showing a very bad picture of the future for our heroes. Their bonds are broken. They don't trust each other. And has for Superman... The symbol for hope, lost all hope, both in people he trusted and the world.

Future's End has been specially interesting because now we know that there's this presence/intelligence that not only pre-dates that universe, but its the real Brainiac. A Brainiac that Superman never faced, the real one. The one pulling the strings on every other being that called itself Brainiac, I bet even Brother Eye is nothing more than a tool in the hands of the Brainiac "god".

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SaintWildcard

@z3ro180 said:

@saint_wildcard: what do you mean by gruesome ? Do you mean that it is bad or that there is gore in it ?

Dying, lots of dying. The Furies are all like the 4 horsemen. Future's End showed that Earth 2 is gone, World's End is showing what happened.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't even know what the hell is going on in FE. Can someone fill me in??

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Future's End has been specially interesting because now we know that there's this presence/intelligence that not only pre-dates that universe, but its the real Brainiac. A Brainiac that Superman never faced, the real one. The one pulling the strings on every other being that called itself Brainiac, I bet even Brother Eye is nothing more than a tool in the hands of the Brainiac "god".

Didn't they already do that in Geoff Johns' Brainiac storyline? Is Brainiac becoming DC's version of Doombots?

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd: @z3ro180: @heavenlydarkdragon: @heavenlydarkdragon: @saint_wildcard: @night4345:

Can some one please tell what happened to superman what happened so bad he ran away from everything , did his parents die or something. Is any one else super happy that batman beyond is making a full comeback I really love terry batman beyond he is a great batman I also love how terry really is Bruce's son. This was reveled In justice league unlimited when terry is a grown man and is looks just like bruce did in his prime he is his fathers son.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@bigbadwolfx0: It had to do something with batman, but they never went into detail on what exactly happen

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigbadwolfx0: it's not really explained, but Superman did get more extreme in what he was doing, he put Black Adam in the Phantom Zone as soon as he did something wrong

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Didn't he returned to action in the last issue?

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigbadwolfx0: all I know is that something happend in the war that changed him and made him lost his will to fight

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: indeed he did, but he did a little bit in the issue before that

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigbadwolfx0: Batman apparently conned him into doing something unforgivable to save the Earth.

No Caption Provided

Yeah I am also excited about Terry coming back and getting him own book, wonder if he is still has the same origin in this universe though.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cant wait to hear what he did

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cant wait to hear what he did

I assume he closed the portal between Earth Zero and Two. Thereby leaving a ton of people stuck to die.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigbadwolfx0:

By all accounts after Apokolips absorves Earth-2, and the refugees escape to Earth-0. Apokolips is gonna bring its full forces to Earth, and it won't be pretty.

Somewhere along the war, Bruce will activate a kryptonite powered machine, that in term will do something to Superman. To me there are two hypothesis 1) Superman goes berserk and starts killing everything in his path 2) That machine will affect Superman super flare power and he'll release such amounts of energy that he'll not only decimate Apokolips entire army but also innocent bystanders. One of those bystanders may be Val-Zod, seeing that in Future's End I still haven't seen him nowhere.

Either way Bruce will like usual take matters into his own hands, and betray his best (and maybe only) true friend. Add to that the fact that something bad is gonna happen between him and Diana, so bad that she said to a past version of Kal, that in that timeline, her safety was that current timeline Superman last concern. Bad... might actually be an understatement.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

If Clark did something that he can't forgive i.e Killing, then most of the "true" superman fans won't be reading it. And since I don't read issues i'll have to pick it up in TPB in a year or so from now. Sigh, the one downside of collecting TPB's: the horrid waiting time. But i will admit that supes with that beard looks like a bad@$$.

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Do people even follow futures end?

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What happened to the masked Superman?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

@redwingx said:

What happened to the masked Superman?

He was Shazam, he's still around.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#30  Edited By Deranged Midget

Wait, is this the regular Earth Superman we know, five years from now?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, is this the regular Earth Superman we know, five years from now?

Yes. Batman and Wonder Woman supposedly manipulated him during the war or something into doing something terrible.

allend4bbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've really enjoyed the story and Supes is finally having a bigger role. Check out this sweet cover for number 44.

No Caption Provided

Duzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am not sure how to take Future Ends. I was about to buy the first Omnibus because of the Batman beyond cover only to find out that it's crap! I love the concept don't get me wrong but it seem like they are using worthless protagonist on purpose and not focusing on the more interesting Terry McGuiness.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've really enjoyed the story and Supes is finally having a bigger role. Check out this sweet cover for number 44.

No Caption Provided

OH...... MAH...... GERD!!!! HE LOOKS SO F**KING BEAST! I'm behind on the series but I have all the issues. I'm gonna have to catch up.

SuperAdam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Am I the only one who sees Jesus on that cover? I can't be the only one... Long hair, beard, outstretched arms. Its totally Jesus.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By The_Kidd

@superadam said:

@allend4bbt said:

No Caption Provided

Am I the only one who sees Jesus on that cover? I can't be the only one... Long hair, beard, outstretched arms. Its totally Jesus.

Yeah I also thought about Jesus and Hercules while looking at that cover.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By arthurkerr

not my thing I keep my comic budget low and only stick to a few.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Still not a fan of the bearded Superman look at all. It makes Clark look disheveled and scruffy compared to his authoritative yet caring non-bearded look. Glad it won't be a consistent feature in the current canon now Horrorville has ended.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Still not a fan of the bearded Superman look at all. It makes Clark look disheveled and scruffy compared to his authoritative yet caring non-bearded look. Glad it won't be a consistent feature in the current canon now Horrorville has ended.

Someone's jelly of the majestic beard! EMBRACE THE BEARD!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@lvenger said:

Perhaps it's because I'm not a fan of growing a beard myself but it doesn't work for Superman IMO. Characters like Thor, Maestro Hulk and Aquaman can rock a beard really well. But characters like Superman or Batman don't look themselves with beards IMO. Should have known you'd like it considering the beard you're rocking ;)

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@deranged_midget said:

@lvenger said:

Perhaps it's because I'm not a fan of growing a beard myself but it doesn't work for Superman IMO. Characters like Thor, Maestro Hulk and Aquaman can rock a beard really well. But characters like Superman or Batman don't look themselves with beards IMO. Should have known you'd like it considering the beard you're rocking ;)

BEARDED SUPERMAN IS A MAN! YOU LOVE IT! ADMIT IT!

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SaintWildcard

I hope DC's new rule about not being so tight about continuity means that Pak can keep Super Beard

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But with the upcoming possible crossover I highly doubt it, RIP Super Beard

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

OMG, this is … awesomeness over 9000!

Even if issue itself might be a cr…p, cover alone is totally worth getting it.

Nope ;-), it’s totally Atlas holding up Heavens (or if you wish, celestial spheres).

SuperAdam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superadam said:

Nope ;-), it’s totally Atlas holding up Heavens (or if you wish, celestial spheres).

Yeah, I thought of Atlas or Hercules holding up the Heavens, too.

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, is Future's End worth reading?

allend4bbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, is Future's End worth reading?

Some times it's hit and miss, but it's starting to pick up now. There are some cool concepts throughout though.

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: all I want to know is what happened to him that was so bad that made him turn his back on earth.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers