• 57 results
#1 Edited by Saint_Wildcard (10537 posts) - - Show Bio

Well it finally happened. NC's dialogue (43:50) at the end about why People like it got me in a good way.

#2 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Nostalgia Critic didn't like it, but he did say some of the hate is misplaced. He didn't like TDKR either.

#3 Posted by LordoftheNorth (1365 posts) - - Show Bio

when joe did his reason why superman is better than batman he came off as a whinny fanboy it might of been becuase it was a Vlog

#4 Posted by WIshIWasSuperman (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

I gotta admit - I'm actually not a massive fan of Angry Joe over-all. I've seen a few of his videos (admittedly not his review, I started watching it, but I just couldn't get through it) - I don't really get on board with his approach to his vlogs and some of the ones I have watched, I find I don't agree with him very much.

#5 Posted by 2cool4fun (1367 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm on Joe's side!

#6 Edited by Saint_Wildcard (10537 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

Nostalgia Critic didn't like it, but he did say some of the hate is misplaced. He didn't like TDKR either.

And Im not knocking him for his views. It's better than most peoples arguments around here that's for sure. Im just exited we're getting a spoiler review and bonus for it being a vs video too.

@2cool4fun said:

I'm on Joe's side!

Otherwise known as the side that loves america and kick's ass.

@lordofthenorth said:

when joe did his reason why superman is better than batman he came off as a whinny fanboy it might of been becuase it was a Vlog

We live in Batgod society. It's the Batfan's fault that force us to attack back against the blind fanaticism.

#7 Posted by LordoftheNorth (1365 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Edited by Saint_Wildcard (10537 posts) - - Show Bio

@saint_rog_el: with blind fanaticism

Batfans- Batman always wins cus he's always prepared.

Supefans- Here are 12 instances where he doesnt in canon and times he overcomes Kryptonite use.

#9 Posted by LordoftheNorth (1365 posts) - - Show Bio

@saint_rog_el: BS superman fans do the same shit batman fans or any other fandom for that matter. Ether way it comes across like a bunch of kids crying about nothing just like joes points which prove nothing and he was wrong for the most part which proves my point

#10 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

@saint_rog_el: I guess so.

@lordofthenorth: you are the one who is whining now. Chill

#11 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1416 posts) - - Show Bio

He made such a video? I think it was more like who would win in a fight not necessarily who was better. As stated above though the whole batgod idea(which i despise with all my heart, Love batman, greatly hate batgod) has overtaken society and that is the main cause for a lot of debate.

One of the key aspects which draws many people towards batman is the fact that he's human and batgod is the complete opposite of that.

#12 Posted by 2cool4fun (1367 posts) - - Show Bio

@2cool4fun said:

I'm on Joe's side!

Otherwise known as the side that and kick's ass.

Not a big America fan, but like the part about kicking ass.

#13 Edited by LordoftheNorth (1365 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultimatesmfan: do i think their are moments that are eye brow rising like batman punching spectur yes but the problem is that when you use some thing like "batgod" people use that excuse to complain about everything he does a recent one was batman fighting for like 24 hours even thou it was vague if he was actually fighting for the whole time or when he kicked the head off a big robot

#14 Posted by MideonNViscera (367 posts) - - Show Bio

Angry Joe makes me hate anything he likes and love anything he hates.

#15 Posted by THORSON (2389 posts) - - Show Bio

i hate forced video humour.

why can't people make simple videos and be funny.

#16 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I'm a fan of both and am still one of the remaining people who are not tired of the MOS debate, I'm sensing their argument will just be a straight up shout-fest. And I don't want to see that.

#17 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (10537 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I'm a fan of both and am still one of the remaining people who are not tired of the MOS debate, I'm sensing their argument will just be a straight up shout-fest. And I don't want to see that.

I highly doubt that. These too dudes are friends and are probably working on a script/watching MoS multiple times just to address certain points of the movie. If it is a shout match its most likely to be a parody of fanboy debates. Like this

#18 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@saint_rog_el: I know their shouts are scripted. I'm a fan of both of them and they scream a lot on their own. Having this in a debate seems so forced. Like what Doug had with Nerd some years back.

#19 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6169 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a big fan of his videos. That Bat vs Supes video was annoying and he misinterpreted the Dark Knight Returns. Hes more of an angry fanboy...like almost all readers of comics so i guess hes alright.

Why so much hate for Batgod? Thats the real question.

#20 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (10537 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultrastarkiller: Someone here said it best.

the whole batgod idea(which i despise with all my heart, Love batman, greatly hate batgod) has overtaken society and that is the main cause for a lot of debate.

One of the key aspects which draws many people towards batman is the fact that he's human and batgod is the complete opposite of that.

#21 Edited by Saint_Wildcard (10537 posts) - - Show Bio

@2cool4fun: @ssejllenrad: @sandman_:

Have you guys seen it yet? NC's dialogue at the end about understanding why people like it got to me.... in a good way.

#22 Edited by 2cool4fun (1367 posts) - - Show Bio

@saint_rog_el: I saw it, the last part is the best part of the video :D

#23 Posted by SilverPool (1488 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with Joe but his inner fanboy is really coming loose in this.

#24 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (10537 posts) - - Show Bio

@saint_rog_el: I saw it, the last part is the best part of the video :D

The Super Cafe scene? I thought it was just a copy paste, until Batman talked.

#25 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (5465 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#27 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

Good video. I respect both opinions presented.

I think Nostalgia Critic gets the people, who I dont understand myself too well, who disliked this move. Those folks would only be happy with a well done movie about the version of Superman they want to see, Reeves era Supes. Unfortunately, for them, that Superman is gone in both modern comics and film, and it isnt what a lot of other people want to see anyway. Superman Returns tried to bring this version of the character back, which is probably why it was a critical success (because most of the Critics who hated MoS just wanted Donner's Superman), but it failed with the audience.

It sucks as a fan of Superman and who wants to see him succeed on the big screen, because no matter what, half the audience will be unhappy. I want more Man of Steel, I loved it far and above any Superman Movie, any comic book movie before it, but there are plenty of people who feel the exact opposite. Since no matter how well-done of a film we get, half the audience will be unhappy, its no wonder DC said screw it and threw Batman into the mix. In this way, being the greatest Comic Book icon, famous with fans and non-readers alike, is actually a detriment to his success.

Hopefully, this next film wins everyone over, without resorting to just making it "Batman: Featuring Superman".

#28 Edited by TheBhramaBull (282 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo said:

Good video. I respect both opinions presented.

I think Nostalgia Critic gets the people, who I dont understand myself too well, who disliked this move. Those folks would only be happy with a well done movie about the version of Superman they want to see, Reeves era Supes. Unfortunately, for them, that Superman is gone in both modern comics and film, and it isnt what a lot of other people want to see anyway. Superman Returns tried to bring this version of the character back, which is probably why it was a critical success (because most of the Critics who hated MoS just wanted Donner's Superman), but it failed with the audience.

It sucks as a fan of Superman and who wants to see him succeed on the big screen, because no matter what, half the audience will be unhappy. I want more Man of Steel, I loved it far and above any Superman Movie, any comic book movie before it, but there are plenty of people who feel the exact opposite. Since no matter how well-done of a film we get, half the audience will be unhappy, its no wonder DC said screw it and threw Batman into the mix. In this way, being the greatest Comic Book icon, famous with fans and non-readers alike, is actually a detriment to his success.

Hopefully, this next film wins everyone over, without resorting to just making it "Batman: Featuring Superman".

I think it will be a Superman: Featuring Batman film. Still though, the "Featuring Batman" part is what most people who see the movie will be going for.

Did you honestly think MoS was the best comic book movie that's been made? Or you just love it more than any comic book movie that's been made?

#29 Posted by 2cool4fun (1367 posts) - - Show Bio

@saint_rog_el: I mean more like the whole ending with the emotional part :D

#30 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10782 posts) - - Show Bio

Nostalgia point on Avengers was, it was meh, Begins sucked and Burton Batman rules.

Who cares for a guy that is actually living in the past, worst in a past that never was.

#31 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6482 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with Nostalgia Critic, but too a point. I actually loved Kevin Costner in this movie, so I disagree with every argument he made on Clark's father. Apart from that, he's spot on.

#32 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (10537 posts) - - Show Bio

@wishiwassuperman, I know you really didnt care about this debate but NC's speech at the end got me misty.

#33 Edited by WIshIWasSuperman (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

@saint_rog_el: yeah, I enjoyed that bit. The thing is, that speech he gives, gave me the impression he might have actually enjoyed it, and is taking a counter stance on the film due to a personal dislike of the likes of Snyder and Nolan. A couple of his criticisms of the film (like the constant zooming cinematography) I can get behind, but that's not big enough to actually dislike the entire film IMO. In the end he he actually seems to disagree with his biggest issues with the film, so I'm chalking it up to hating on the film, because it's cool to hate Snyder if you're a movie critic, same as Michael Bay.

#34 Posted by consolemaster001 (5568 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with Joe

#35 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebhramabull: I honestly thought it was the best Comic Book Movie ever made. Ive already watched it six times, and it never gets old.

My list would probably be:

1. Man of Steel
  2. Dark Knight Rises
  3. Batman Begins
  4. Dark Knight
  5. Iron Man
#36 Posted by Z3RO180 (6534 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: One batman movie per list....it is the unwritten rule.

#37 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180 said:

@deaditegonzo: One batman movie per list....it is the unwritten rule.

The reason Batman dominates my list is because I prefer what DC has been doing tonally. The comedic, light tone of Marvel is fun, but it doesnt leave as much of an impression. Im really glad Nolan's style influenced the tone of my favourite comic book universe, as opposed to Whedon's style.

#38 Posted by LordoftheNorth (1365 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: side note why do is your order Rises. Begains. than Knight most people most people would reverse rises and Knight

#39 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: side note why do is your order Rises. Begains. than Knight most people most people would reverse rises and Knight

I think Dark Knight gets way too much credit just because Ledger died. His performance was really good, but still overrated. He was a generic sociopath. Bane's motivations were much more interesting. Cillian Murphy was really well utilized. There were more plotholes in Rises, definitely, but the plot was better (purely IMO). I just enjoyed watching Rises more, and Begins too.

#40 Edited by LordoftheNorth (1365 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: a agree while i do think it got more awards than it would have i wouldnt say that Ledger plays a generic sociopath but plays the joker to a T more about that he does everything becuase its a joke. thou two-face was completely wasted

Bane maybe a more interesting charcter and the plot maybe more interesting the problem is how it comes togatherbatman spends most of the movie not doing anything just trusts some woman that seems to be completely untrust worthy and than retires and leaves everthing to a guy that has no training i could forgive really forgive most of this Bruce retiring is what really bothers

#41 Edited by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordofthenorth: I like him retiring. But its worth knowing that IMO, Nolan Batman > Comic Book Batman. Nolan's Batman is truly just a human. He isnt a genius, he isnt infallible, he isnt invincible. He is literally a guy who honed his body as much as human being can, and then started fighting crime (at great risk to his life). He had to retire because his body was totally broken, and yet he realized "Bruce Wayne doesnt matter, the symbol matters". I would actually love the comic book Batman if he was like this, where the man under the cowl changed every decade or so, but right now there is no man under the cowl, only Batgod.

#42 Posted by RDClip (1129 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll give NC credit for doing one thing no other negative critic does. He placed some of the 'blame' on Nolan. Most people that hate MoS heap their hatred on Snyder and Goyer and seem to ignore the Executive Producer and Screenwriter titles next to Chris Nolan. The EP title alone suggests he had a huge amount of pull during the making of MoS.

Anyways as always with internet video reviews, there is a lot of nitpicking and general misunderstanding of the film (intentional or not, I'm not sure) But, I like NC and what he does. I just think he does better with older movies.

#43 Posted by LordoftheNorth (1365 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: well the comics batman its all about the eternal struggle of Bruce fighting against the darkness of Gotham and while he may gain allies in his fight they dont have the will to continue the fight until their dieing breath's like he would plus that would mean everyone would die except Superman and wonder woman and that maybe fine for a future story but constantly creating new personalities for the next generation of these characters would be pointless and time consuming considering that 10 years isnt really enough time to spend with a charcter becuase like Morrison i believe these characters are like our folk tale and they the gods and symbols of those tale so having some one else become batman is like saying alright posidean your not the god of the sea anymore its this random person no one has ever heard before

#44 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordofthenorth: Most of the Greek Heroes DID die. The GODS didnt, but the heroes did. It was big part of Greece's style, the Tragedy. Batman isnt Poseidon, he is Odysseus. And they already have a perfect character to take over for him, Dick Grayson. They then have a whole decade to develop someone else. Id really enjoy that, but im not going to try to convince anyone, because to each their own.

The biggest source of confusion for me, and im not targeting you specifically, is that most of Batman's fans claim what sets him apart from other heroes is that he is just a mortal man, but then at the same time he is often called infallible, his fans get pissed at small things like him not having a plan to handle Wonder Woman, or at the idea of his body actually failing him (like a human body would).

#45 Posted by Wolverine08 (42182 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordofthenorth: Most of the Greek Heroes DID die. The GODS didnt, but the heroes did. It was big part of Greece's style, the Tragedy. Batman isnt Poseidon, he is Odysseus. And they already have a perfect character to take over for him, Dick Grayson. They then have a whole decade to develop someone else. Id really enjoy that, but im not going to try to convince anyone, because to each their own.

The biggest source of confusion for me, and im not targeting you specifically, is that most of Batman's fans claim what sets him apart from other heroes is that he is just a mortal man, but then at the same time he is often called infallible, his fans get pissed at small things like him not having a plan to handle Wonder Woman, or at the idea of his body actually failing him (like a human body would).

Meh, does aren't Batman fans to me. Those are just people who like the Bat God concept and are willing to see story and characterization thrown out the window for it.

#46 Edited by Dragonborn_CT (22230 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson said:

i hate forced video humour.

why can't people make simple videos and be funny.

I have to agree with this. I can't stand TGWTG for this reason.

#47 Edited by LordoftheNorth (1365 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: first Dick was already batman but he was a boring batman thou him and damian where an interesting team. that being said like the example you gave Odysseus the same rules applies no one can be Odysseus but himand no one can be batman but Bruce

Well i see it like this Batman is human but he is the symbol of humanity at are best what we can accomplish when we put all of our being into something but also shows the dark side of being so driven that you can lose yourself in it and push away people who love you and understand you(thats where his tragedy comes in)

Now i dont think Batman is infallable his personal relationships are truth of that. and batman not having a plan for WW bugs me (it not really following batmans personality) but thats going to be last on my list of things i dont like about the new52 when it comes to batman and iam sure their are things about new 52 Superman like you have said before about superman longing for Lois when he has WW both are inconsistant with the characters personalities right?

can i get an example of that last part

#48 Edited by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordofthenorth: An example of the human body failing? Well, for starters, both Troy Aikman and Steve Youngs careers in professional football were cut short due to repeated head injuries (concussions). Im sure youll agree, Batman takes harder hits than any pro-football player.

As far as being the best a human can accomplish, I dont think he is. I personally think Nolan's Batman is a better example of that, in the sense I actually believe a human could possibly accomplish what he accomplished, if they had his money and connections. Whereas, with comic book Batman, a human could make all the plans they want to take down a super human like Flash, Superman, Wonder Woman, etc, but it wouldnt make any difference because a human wouldnt have a prayer. Because for starters, they cannot even perceive the world at the speed at which those super beings exist.

I think even Lex is a better portrayal of Humanity at their best, as he is in good physical condition, and rich, but his main power is just being a genius who is totally determined. Batman on the other hand, is somehow in the top 5 for everything, martial arts, science, combat tactics, stealth, etc, and to me it is more absurd than an alien who can fly. A super soldier serum, like administered to Cap, would make him more believable for how DC writes him.

Also, I like Dick better as Batman. He really is just a human, and that is interesting. Plus, he actually has a charming personality.

#49 Posted by LordoftheNorth (1365 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: Ok i thought something happended in a story that some people where complain about sorry thats just petty "Next week read as Batman sits on his ass and watches TV becuase he has a torn ACL wont that be exciting" see the problem its boring plus its comic books so give the guy a break

Ok he is the LITERAL personafaction of the best of humanity which is why he's awsome at everything. But like i said it comes with the draw back of his relationships with the people around him to be tense and all around crappy

Sorry but i have to ask if Batman has no prayer becuase he is human than why is Lex who is also human a threat to any of the superheroes iam sorry but thats hypocricy

Dick just a human? you really havent read much about Nightwing have you becuase he does the same stuff that batman does and alot of writers have tried to push Nightwing as better than batman at everything. and ya specking as a batman fan unless it the brave and the bold a light hearted batman whose only real problem is what girl should i date has no place for in the main DCU

#50 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4799 posts) - - Show Bio

I watched 10 minutes of it. It looked like 2 fangirls crying, complaining, and arguing over BS, while trying to be funny about it... and failing.

*keeps watching*

And this is over and hour?...

Am I the only one that finds this cringe worthy?

BTW, I'm on Nostalgia C's side. I've seen Mad Joe's reviews before, they are mad annoying. Plus, Mad Joe thus far is the one making all the awful jokes and I totally agree with NC's view on the Papa Kent part which is where I'm going to stop watching this... garbage.

(+)