Am I the only one excited for Tomasi?

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I know Shoule had his fan-base, but I never got into it. As far as Tomasi, I only read one of his books, but I liked his depiction of Superman. Even his Wonder Woman was good, I'm excited to have him take a stab at SM/WW.

At the very least, Superman and Wonder Woman ought to have ridiculous feats. =D

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

No

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

I'm super excited, no pun intended. I can't wait to see Manhkes Superman. Tomasi is an underrated talent as well. His comics are always consistent.

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Yes, because I dig the couple and want to see what the next team do but Batman fanboys always worry me.The only one capable of a good Superman is Morrison. The others have all been meh and that includes big star Scott Snyder with his cliched Unchained.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, because I dig the couple and want to see what the next team do but Batman fanboys always worry me.The only one capable of a good Superman is Morrison. The others have all been meh and that includes big star Scott Snyder with his cliched Unchained.

Morrison would never do it. He is suppose to be against the pairing.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkman61288: he means that Batman writers don't usually write good Superman, except Morrison. And I doubt Morrison is against the idea, could be wrong though.

Avatar image for kelevrasmashz28
KelevraSmashZ28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By KelevraSmashZ28

Excited for Tomasi. Not so much Manke.

Avatar image for theasteroidfromspace
TheAsteroidFromSpace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, you are definitely not alone. I am very exited for Tomasi's take on Superman/Wonder Woman. I believe he may turn things around, and make an interesting romance for these two. There is already a small teaser for the next issue, it looks like Tomasi will do a flashback to their first meeting. Flesh it out more I believe.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I hope Superman-Wonder Woman with new creative team will be good. My only problem is that Doug Mahnke artwork seems not fits with Wonder Woman

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SanoHibiki

I’m optimistic about new team on SM/WW.

I mostly hear good things about Tomasi as a writer plus in his interviews he sounded honestly excited about working on Supercouple. That’s a big “pro” for him in my book.

@superguy1591:

As far as Tomasi, I only read one of his books, but I liked his depiction of Superman.

Oh, in which book he wrote Supes? Would like to check for myself.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheAsteroidFromSpace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/23309/4158293-1197247713-Bz2lV.jpg

It looks a lot like the time when the Justice League was fighting Darkseid's army. So it's probably a flashback. This is not confirmed though, but if this turns out to be true, they could probably right the wrongs Geoff Johns made.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SanoHibiki

@boynerdgeek:

My only problem is that Doug Mahnke artwork seems not fits with Wonder Woman

Why? I don’t like much how he draws faces (too angular imo), but in his sketches Diana got more muscular, Amazonian built (instead of Daniels’ supermodel-like).

P.S. Though I won’t say to his face that I don’t like his art.

No Caption Provided

Guy looks like he can take on both Cavillman and Batfleck at the same time.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Excited for Tomasi. Not so much Manke.

i agree with this i dont like Manke WW but tomasi does great feel moment that im welling to let that pass

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By johnqestion

@superguy1591 said:

@darkman61288: he means that Batman writers don't usually write good Superman, except Morrison. And I doubt Morrison is against the idea, could be wrong though.

Thank you glad to see someone could interpret what I said. I never said I wanted Morrison to write SM/WW but that writers who are batman fans tend to write Superman vanilla...from Rucka, to Kelly, to Bruce Timm, to Snyder...only Grant seems to do a good job and I loved what he did with the new 52 Supes.Tomasi I think is a Batman fanboy/writer as well. I guess we shall see. I am not worried he might not write Diana well...I',m concerned for his Superman in the equation.

JJ_Was_Here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By JJ_Was_Here

@boynerdgeek:

My only problem is that Doug Mahnke artwork seems not fits with Wonder Woman

Why? I don’t like much how he draws faces (too angular imo), but in his sketches Diana got more muscular, Amazonian built (instead of Daniels’ supermodel-like).

P.S. Though I won’t say to his face that I don’t like his art.

No Caption Provided

Guy looks like he can take on both Cavillman and Batfleck at the same time.

I'm not impressed. I'd back him up with a front kick, take an advance step, hammer fist to the face, cross to the throat, knee to the groin, downward hammerfist to the back of the head and finish with a purple nurple or maybe an indian burn.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

I am definitely excited for Tomasi. His writing is full of emotional moments and he can do character centric writing. Exactly what SMWW needs.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki: B/R; the issue where Batman was punching everyone in sight. Supes made a cameo appearance.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Sure. I just hope it doesn't turn into an other praised Bat writer that bores me

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SaintWildcard

hellyeahsupermanandwonderwoman:  A tease of Doug Mahnke’s pencils for the upcoming Superman/Wonder Woman #13 next week Wednesday. Shared by writer Peter Tomasi via twitter. https://twitter.com/PeterJTomasi    OMG OMG OMG IS IT WEDNESDAY YET?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: I know you didn't like Soule's downer version of Superman, but did you at least read his last issue? Aside from being super romantic, Superman was more upbeat.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SanoHibiki

@jj_was_here:

I'd back him up with a front kick, take an advance step, hammer fist to the face, cross to the throat, knee to the groin, downward hammerfist to the back of the head and finish with a purple nurple or maybe an indian burn.

1. Isn’t that overkilling much o_0

2. You think he will just stand there and not retaliate?

3. My question still stands. What makes his art so bad for Wonder Woman?

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591 said:

@sanohibiki: B/R; the issue where Batman was punching everyone in sight. Supes made a cameo appearance.

Must have been written nicely. Usually one cameo appearance is not enough for me to decide can this author write Superman on level or not.

JJ_Was_Here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jj_was_here:

I'd back him up with a front kick, take an advance step, hammer fist to the face, cross to the throat, knee to the groin, downward hammerfist to the back of the head and finish with a purple nurple or maybe an indian burn.

1. Isn’t that overkilling much o_0

2. You think he will just stand there and not retaliate?

3. My question still stands. What makes his art so bad for Wonder Woman?

1. Depends. If he goes down with the front kick or the hammer fist, yeah, I'll stop. I'm not a monster.

2. Should he retaliate, the appropriate counters will be made that can still lead into my devastating onslaught.

3. I actually really like his art.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki: I might be more to do with the fact that Batman was such a tool that he made everyone else look better in comparison, but I thought Diana and Clark came off as resonable.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Superguy1591

@saint_wildcard: Nah, I hear he got his rise from GL, not Batman. Batman just put him in the forefront.

He writes Batman like Geoff writes Batman, the only difference is that he gives Batman the PIS level feats that shuts up Batman fanboys.

@squalleon: I read it, but there is something about Soule that just doesn't resonate with me. i don't think he's bad, I just don't think he knew what he wanted to do with either character.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheAsteroidFromSpace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papinacho: I doubt they will go that route. Even if they do, it's probably going to be wiped away by time travel or something.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope he can turn things around for Kal and Diana. DC has done a very poor job with their relationship.

Maybe now we'll get to see something more believable and consistant. A real romance story. The one both characters deserve.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By Transformers1024

I may check out an issue or two.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papinacho: DC has no plans on combining their franchise. I doubt it is their child, it might be an alternate Earth version, but not this Superman and Wonder Woman's kid.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't liked Tomasi's recent work, but as always I am willing to give any new writer to a series a chance.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'm excited i'm not going to lie. I can't wait to see who this wonderstar is.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papinacho: I doubt they will go that route. Even if they do, it's probably going to be wiped away by time travel or something.

They already did that with Superboy, who was the child of Lois and Superman. Cementing my theory that ending the relationship like Geoff John's had suggested before Trinity War, is no longer on the table. Well, atleast not anytime soon

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: awww....you just being too critical and nitpick about Robin Rises. It just fun ride comic. Besides Cyborg go to Apokolips. What not to like right :)

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591:

Fair enough. In any case we will get to how Tomasi handles Supes and Wondy’s characters soon enough.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SanoHibiki

@jj_was_here said:

1. Depends. If he goes down with the front kick or the hammer fist, yeah, I'll stop. I'm not a monster.

2. Should he retaliate, the appropriate counters will be made that can still lead into my devastating onslaught.

3. I actually really like his art.

1. That’s a relieve.

2. Fair enough.

3. Sorry, mate. I wanted to ask about that Boynerdgeek.

No Caption Provided

TheAsteroidFromSpace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's just wrong that everyone keeps blaming Soule. Let's not forget that it was Geoff Johns who was responsible for the bad start this couple had. If Johns took his time to develop the romance between the two and give reason for why they like each other, there would be far less hate.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theasteroidfromspace: yup Geoff Johns first year of writing Justice League is a mess. I still remember that horrible Wonder Woman-Ice Cream scene. Thank god recently Justice League keep improve imo

TheAsteroidFromSpace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: I am not sure if this relationship will last for long. Maybe a few more months and that's it.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SaintWildcard

@saint_wildcard: I am not sure if this relationship will last for long. Maybe a few more months and that's it.

I never said i was gonna go on forever, but that it wasn't ending anytime soon. I don't thinkg it's gonna end within the next 6 months

TheAsteroidFromSpace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: It will depend on the sales. If Tomasi does a good job, it could last for quite some time.

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Me too, I'm excited. I'd like to see how well he could run these characters.

---

@superguy1591: http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/23309/4158293-1197247713-Bz2lV.jpg

It looks a lot like the time when the Justice League was fighting Darkseid's army. So it's probably a flashback. This is not confirmed though, but if this turns out to be true, they could probably right the wrongs Geoff Johns made.

I'm inferring that they're smoothing the wrinkles made by Johns, because yeah let's face it.. it really was a bad start but thank goodness for Soule touching their relationship and it turned out pretty good.