#1 Posted by RDClip (1129 posts) - - Show Bio

Source

After testing actors over the past couple weeks, Warner Bros. and D.C. have tapped theater actor Ray Fisher for the role of Cyborg in the untitled Batman-Superman pic.

Victor Stone or ‘Cyborg,’ while not a major part in the Batman-Superman feature, is a member of the Justice League and will become a much more significant role as Warner and D.C. develop more films related to the Justice League universe, sources confirm.

Warner Bros. had no comment on this story.

Fisher joins the Batman-Superman cast which includes Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, Jesse Eisenberg, Gal Gadot and Amy Adams with Zack Snyder directing.

Production is currently underway in Michigan.

Written by David S. Goyer, the screenplay for Batman-Superman is based on a story by Goyer and Snyder.

Cavill, who plays Superman in the film, expressed a great deal of promise in Cyborg in the recent “Man of Steel” bonus feature, as well as the fictional research facility S.T.A.R. Labs, which appears in several DC Comics.

“I think he would create an incredible bridge between superheroes and humanity,” Cavill said of the Cyborg character.

S.T.A.R. Labs was also the workplace of Justice League characters Professor Hamilton (played by Richard Schiff in “Man of Steel”) and the superhero Rampage, although it’s unclear whether the latter is involved in Batman-Superman.

Produced by Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder, the untitled Batman-Superman feature opens May 6, 2016.

Fisher, repped by ICM Partners, is more known for his theater roles including the Broadway play “Fetch Clay, Make Man” where he portrayed Muhammad Ali.

He was also one of the actors testing for J.J. Abrams’ upcoming “Star Wars: Episode VII.”

#2 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (10571 posts) - - Show Bio

It's official, this is the justice league movie

#3 Posted by TheBhramaBull (282 posts) - - Show Bio

@thehipkid:

I doubt it, he only has a minor role, so probably won't even be Cyborg in this film.

WonderWoman apparently doesn't have a very significant presence in the film either, more like a Black Widow in IM2 kind of thing.

Seems like they're trying to introduce as many guys as they can though quickly.

#4 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13174 posts) - - Show Bio

so we have Supes,Bats, Wondy and Cy officially. Now WB needs to get around to officially revealing their GL, deciding whether Arrow and Flash shows take place in the movie continuity, and letting us know if we're getting MMH or Aquaman.

#5 Posted by Squalleon (4610 posts) - - Show Bio

So many characters forced in a 2 hour movie...

It's official, this is the justice league movie

Seriously why even bother hide it at this point :-P

#6 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1416 posts) - - Show Bio

WB has forgotten a very important lesson, slow and steady wins the race....Smh.

#7 Posted by SanoHibiki (1521 posts) - - Show Bio

…when I just swear off reading “MOS 2”’ news, but I couldn’t help myself.

So, besides Supes and Bats, we officially got Diana and Victor. Hmm, depending on how prominent would be their roles, it could JL prequel, Trinity movie or BM/SM movie with multiple cameos…

#8 Posted by JakeN7 (12507 posts) - - Show Bio

How many more of these dupe threads saying the same thing are we gonna have? Lol!

#9 Posted by SupBatz (1734 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting. The guy looks the part well enough. And I am always a fan of using less well-known actors in iconic superhero roles.

But I am concerned, like many others are, about overcrowding the film. Even if this is a minor role, one wouldn't want to overwhelm the audience with too many hero appearances.

And there's also the concern that including Cyborg may mean that the films are leaning towards the New 52 for inspiration. Kind of disappointing, if so. The New 52 is already stepping in on DC's animated films. It'd be a shame if the old DCU was just booted out in all media in favor of the reboot.

#10 Posted by Z3RO180 (6552 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok now I'm really really worried for this film :(

#11 Posted by SilverPool (1517 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously? Cyborg is just a lame version of Robocop. I'm fine with Wonder Woman and Batman, but Cyborg isn't even a character I think should be put on screen.

#12 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9728 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously? Cyborg is just a lame version of Robocop. I'm fine with Wonder Woman and Batman, but Cyborg isn't even a character I think should be put on screen.

Yeah, I would've preferred Green Lantern Stewart

#13 Posted by jphulk26 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

cyborg is a crap character. i´m not watching this movie.

#14 Posted by drgnx (3564 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't they have steel too? Don't forget the empty pod!

#15 Posted by Knightfall225 (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

@jphulk26: @jphulk26: you refuse to watch this movie because of a character that may only be inthe movie foe five minutes....that makes a lot ofsense

#16 Posted by Bezza (3644 posts) - - Show Bio

..Well okay, I am waiting now to see who is Green Lantern!

#17 Edited by drgnx (3564 posts) - - Show Bio

@knightfall225:

Maybe he just doesn't like Cyborg that much!

I won't go and watch a movie that starts with "1428-::$", unless it has subtitles, or is not in English. To each his own!

#18 Posted by ArchiZoom (1124 posts) - - Show Bio

Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor -- I don't know but I don't really care either.