Action comics 1-8 new 52

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Al_capOWN

Was it just me or was this confusing? I know I just started reading comics, but damn this is some confusing stuff. Im reading other new 52 series and they are easy to follow, but action comics gets confusing to the point where Im like "wtf is going on, and whos this guy, whos that guy" Is brainiac a computer thing thats good? a villain? WTF. Im going to re-read them later on, maybe it was more confusing to me because I took like a week break from each issue where as the other stuff Ill read every other day or so. But the one that confused me alot was the issue that takes place inside supermans head, or something like that? What a mess! I enjoyed the first 3 issues, then after that it got all "sy-fy" on me. Can someone explain exactly what they got out of the first 8 issues? I read issue 9 last night, and it seems like is another one of those future/diff world stuff. Will read 10 tonight. Anyone else find the first 8,9 issues confusing? Also the world collector? Isnt that just brainiac? This is my first superman comic. I have a few first issues of superman, and unchained 1 but havent read those yet since I heard that action comics takes place before those 2 other superman series.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@al_capown: That's how Grant Morrison writes, he need to read his whole run in a oner and it won't be so confusing

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What other stuff is grant morrison writting for new 52? So when does action comics take place in the "now time" like when does it go hand in hand with superman series? Maybe it still hasn't, ive only read the first 9. It went from being really good to IDK if I should keep buying this series. Does it get better after issue 10?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@al_capown: HE isn't writing anything for DC anymore it does catch up with Superman in a few issues, cant quite remember what issue exactly. I love everything Morrison does but I know he's not for everybody.

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So it after doing osme reasearch it seems like brainiac and the collector of worlds is the same "person" , or thing. That's what confused me the most, I thought they were 2 different characters fighting superman at once.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

@al_capown: Personally, this is the reason why I haven't liked a lot of Grant Morrison's work, it confuses the shit out of me, and there are many readers that feel the same way.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Bump. So I re-read this run tonight and realized that I still don't understand what Morrison did with Brainiac. I assumed Brainiac was the collector of worlds and the ship that Jor-El sent Supes in had Brainiac OS in it but Brainiac just hadn't taken control of said ship. However some people are still saying that the collector of worlds is an entirely different character (even though he referred to himself as Brainiac 1.0) and that the ship is really Brainiac. Anybody have a definitive answer to this? Love Morrison but reading some of his stuff gives me headaches.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@al_capown: the first arc takes place in superman's early days, then Lord Vyndktvx starts screwing with time attacking superman at different moments in his life and kind of fuses all that together, that's why it may seem confusing at first. It was to me but then after another read through I understood it and really liked it. You need to do a full read through of his run to see how everything connects.

@peppeyhare: Read Superman Annual #2 to find out more about brainiac and the collector. It's explained pretty well there.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@al_capown: the first arc takes place in superman's early days, then Lord Vyndktvx starts screwing with time attacking superman at different moments in his life and kind of fuses all that together, that's why it may seem confusing at first. It was to me but then after another read through I understood it and really liked it. You need to do a full read through of his run to see how everything connects.

@peppeyhare: Read Superman Annual #2 to find out more about brainiac and the collector. It's explained pretty well there.

Will do. Thank you

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

Love Morrison but reading some of his stuff gives me headaches.

I actually haven't like his work since All-Star Superman...and even before that, I'm pretty split.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Confusing but I still though it had far more meat in it than Johns Brainiac story. I liked the Collectors design,Brainiac should be beyond our understanding what he shouldn't be is a green skinned Lex Luthor.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Confusing but I still though it had far more meat in it than Johns Brainiac story. I liked the Collectors design,Brainiac should be beyond our understanding what he shouldn't be is a green skinned Lex Luthor.

Bad new for you mate,he will back to be the green skinned lex luthor again in Villains Month.