Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) 1 year, 4 months ago

Poll: A better name for superman unchained? (44 votes)

Superman: the man of steel 36%
Adventures of superman (ignoring the digital comic) 0%
Superman: man of tomorrow 11%
Superman: last son of krypton 9%
Adventure comics 0%
Other (post below) 11%
I like "superman unchained" 32%

A lot of people have expressed their dislike for the title "superman unchained" so im wondering which title would most people here prefer instead

#1 Posted by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

The Man of Steel is the perfect title: it ties into the recent movie, it's a well known nickname for Superman and it even acts as a counterpart for Batman: The Dark Knight.

#2 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35159 posts) - - Show Bio

@jldoom said:

The Man of Steel is the perfect title: it ties into the recent movie, it's a well known nickname for Superman and it even acts as a counterpart for Batman: The Dark Knight.

#3 Posted by nightwingnerd (325 posts) - - Show Bio

@jldoom said:

This

#4 Edited by TheManWithNoName (13 posts) - - Show Bio

I like man of tomorrow because from what I've heard it ties to the books theme

#5 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't seen any hate towards the title.. I like Man of steel though

#6 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6366 posts) - - Show Bio

If the recent movie hadn't happened, I would vote Man Of Steel, but I chose "I like Unchained" instead.

#7 Edited by Joygirl (19955 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman: Just As Chained As He Was Before

#8 Posted by LaserLambert (636 posts) - - Show Bio

If it hadn't been for the Superman: Brainiac being adapted under the title Superman Unbound I would have preferred that be the title of this, it carries the same connotation but also reminds more of Prometheus Unbound.

#9 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman: Last Son of Krypton

#10 Edited by RedLantern23 (890 posts) - - Show Bio

Unchained is fine. I dont see why people have such a problem with the title. Who cares?

#11 Posted by kriminal (659 posts) - - Show Bio

@redlantern23:

its just a title but it strays form what superman titles have been called. I wish It would have been man of steel.

#12 Posted by RedLantern23 (890 posts) - - Show Bio

@kriminal: Who says the books always have to have the same title? Thats boring. And I think calling it Man Of Steel would give the false impression that its connected to the movie

#13 Posted by kriminal (659 posts) - - Show Bio

@redlantern23:

I really don't care much but that's what I would have named it. and if you read comics you know it isn't related to the movie anyway.

#14 Posted by TekTheNinja (766 posts) - - Show Bio

"World of Superman"

just sounds cool to me.

#15 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

@kriminal said:

@redlantern23:

I really don't care much but that's what I would have named it. and if you read comics you know it isn't related to the movie anyway.

Yes but this book was put out around the same time of the movie and given the sales, a lot of casual readers picked it up.

#16 Posted by drgnx (3566 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care what its called as long as it is good! All titles mentioned are okay though!

#17 Posted by Deranged Midget (17974 posts) - - Show Bio

Why didn't Snyder just take over the main title :/

Oh well, I actually like the sound of Unchained.

#18 Posted by Immortal777 (7735 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman: KNEEL!! before Kal