9/11 arguments over MOS and collateral damage

DRUDOX19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ok this is becoming a problem cause its not only MOS its avengers now being critic over this has well, this dude on a blog post said MOS and Avengers are films that use that disaster of 9/11 has entertainment. Max the dude that did Chronicle said this BS too, now dont get me wrong i think MOS was trying to envoke that then the Avengers, but heres my problem these people talk about 9/11 saying we don't want films reminding us of that yet these are the same people that use 9/11 or post 9/11 to justify why are media entertainment is so cynical nowdays. I always say why does everything have to be realistic, and some of these idiots tell me because we are in a post 9/11 world (-_-) really yeah you dont want to be reminded of it but you use it to justify the cynical world were in and how the media nowadays is all realistic.

ImagineMan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ImagineMan16

A lot of thoughts were going through my head while I was watching Superman and Zod duke it out over Metropolis, smashing through buildings and leaving destruction in their wake. "Wow, this is one incredible battle!" "Are we supposed to believe that there aren't people in these buildings, or are we just supposed to not care?" "Superman sure packs a wallop!" "Is this fight scene going to be over soon? I have to pee."

But you know what didn't cross my mind, even once? "Huh, this completely unrelated movie sure does remind me of 9/11."

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@imagineman16: I was the opposite, 9/11 was the first thing I thought of

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My thoughts were like «Wow, this is how Clash of the Titans should look like ", “at last, real fight straight out of Supes comics, not these these I-destroy-3-cars-and-supervillain-lair-only-fights from Marvel films" and etc.

It’s a summer blockbuster and superhero movie in the same time. Viewer can simply watch and relax, or can try find some hidden message in movie. What message, meaning said viewer would find depends only on him.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watch Pacific Rim. I didn't thought of 9/11 there either.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I never once thought of 9/11 while watching MOS or Avengers, in fact 9/11 hasn't even entered my mind in years unless it was someone whining that it was still too soon after 9/11 to blow up a building. Its been 12 years folks, we blew up 2 entire countries in response to 9/11, one of which didn't even have anything to do with it, people have grieved Country music stars have cashed in time to put it to rest. It was an awful tragedy but we need to move on.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I never once thought of 9/11 while watching MOS or Avengers, in fact 9/11 hasn't even entered my mind in years unless it was someone whining that it was still too soon after 9/11 to blow up a building. Its been 12 years folks, we blew up 2 entire countries in response to 9/11, one of which didn't even have anything to do with it, people have grieved Country music stars have cashed in time to put it to rest. It was an awful tragedy but we need to move on.

Once again, Josh hits the nail on the head.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: Yes... but everything except America is irrelevant. Do you not watch the news?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Bull, buildings were blown up and destroyed and movies before 9/11 and they will be blown up and destroyed in movies after 9/11. People need to stop finding reasons to complain.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: I know I have this crazy notion that the grand total of 3 foreign terrorist attacks that have ever happened to America compared to the regular twice a day bombings in some parts of the world don't seem like the end of human civilization level events people make them out to be. You know why you never hear Eastern Europeans complaining about this stuff? Its because what we would call the most tragic event of the year they would call Tuesday.

DRUDOX19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DRUDOX19

What i am saying is these are the same people who complain about too much 9/11 imagery but try justifying are cynical media saying cause we are in a post 9/11 world.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman is a terrorist!

The Decepticons where terrorizing, the Jitari were terrorizing, the Kaiju where terrorizing, the army of Zod were terrorizing, By all means 9/11 them till you're blue in the face since terrorizing and blowing up buildings equals 9/11 (rolls eyes) ..... Superman? Not so much!

Don't bash the movie because the bad guys are, you know, bad!

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was only reminded by the 9-11 'connection' when the damn complainers started suggesting it.

DRUDOX19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with you guys on that one

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You never hear the British complain when James Bond blows up chunks of England despite the fact that in the last 20 years England has had more terrorist attacks than America has had in its entire history.

martyyy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

9/11 was a truly sad and horrific day in America. But just because the event was two objects crashing into and casueing two skyskrapers to collapse doesn't mean that movies can't ever show a scene again where something crashs into a building making it crumble. I mean people don't complain and say things about pearl harbor when movies show a ship being bombed and sinking. But we never should forget 9/11

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Wait, so when a building or a city gets destroyed it's suddenly a 9/11 copy ? Ugh...

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

A lot of thoughts were going through my head while I was watching Superman and Zod duke it out over Metropolis, smashing through buildings and leaving destruction in their wake. "Wow, this is one incredible battle!" "Are we supposed to believe that there aren't people in these buildings, or are we just supposed to not care?" "Superman sure packs a wallop!" "Is this fight scene going to be over soon? I have to pee."

But you know what didn't cross my mind, even once? "Huh, this completely unrelated movie sure does remind me of 9/11."

This really. This.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

This

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think we are just supposed to accept it's happening. Happens in the comics too except there is no flash to evacuate all of japan or something ridiculous.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ssejllenrad

Did you guys see the Pearl Harbor allegory in Pacific Rim? Or the Iwo Jima theme of Starship Troopers? Bastille Day in GI Joe 1? Wait... How about the no brainer Titanic sinking throwback when the Executor sank into the Death Star?

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By z3ro180

Oh that dude can fu£& right off for saying that.

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drgnx said:

Superman is a terrorist!

Jitari were terrorizing, the Kaiju where terrorizing, the

It's CHItari.

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: I know I have this crazy notion that the grand total of 3 foreign terrorist attacks that have ever happened to America compared to the regular twice a day bombings in some parts of the world don't seem like the end of human civilization level events people make them out to be. You know why you never hear Eastern Europeans complaining about this stuff? Its because what we would call the most tragic event of the year they would call Tuesday.

Man...you TOTALLY got that from M.Bison in Street Fighter the movie.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perezite said:

@drgnx said:

Superman is a terrorist!

Jitari were terrorizing, the Kaiju where terrorizing, the

It's CHItari.