SurfingtheHighway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SurfingtheHighway

50?!
They're understimating the Man of Steel...

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

*even without watching the video*

That's all!

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#4 frozen  Moderator
SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SaintWildcard

Batman's allergy of being punched to death has been exposed

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Personally I think it would be best for the film to show them as evenly-matched

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By redwingx

@amazingwebhead said:

But they are not. Why do something like that? In fact it hurts Batman's character. He can play around with Superman but can't handle a clown? Hmmm

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redwingx said:

@amazingwebhead said:

But they are not. Why do something like that? In fact it hurts Batman's character. He can play around with Superman but can't handle a clown? Hmmm

Because it's the best way to avoid a flame war when the movie comes out. All they have to do is make them both realize they're on the same side before it becomes clear who will win.

Joker isn't just some clown! Superman didn't have an easy time with him either. Because Joker is just. That. Badass!

Loading Video...

Laporik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like it if they did something like in Hush. Superman is clearly the stronger man and it is just a matter of time before he wins but Batman manipulates him and even have to risk the life of someone because there is no way to beat him. Everything but the Miller's battle please.

But anyway, this isn't the stuff that scares me about that alliance. What would suck and I'm expecting is the fact that Batman is gonna show to Superman how to be a symbol or something like that

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redwingx said:

@amazingwebhead said:

Because it's the best way to avoid a flame war when the movie comes out. All they have to do is make them both realize they're on the same side before it becomes clear who will win.

Joker isn't just some clown! Superman didn't have an easy time with him either. Because Joker is just. That. Badass!

Did... did you just use a clip from the episode with the Batflip?!

angry animated GIF

EVERYTHING IN THAT EPISODE WAS WANKED!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: Awesome episode.

If you're a Batfan! The entire episode was written to make Batman look cool. Batman pawning Superman, Bruce taking Lois, Joker pawning Superman.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papinacho said:

@saint_wildcard: Awesome episode.

If you're a Batfan! The entire episode was written to make Batman look cool. Batman pawning Superman, Bruce taking Lois, Joker pawning Superman.

Well, Batman is cooler..

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, Batman is cooler..

Subjective, but in this episode they had to wank the sh*t out of it and make Superman some hypocritic hot head to make Batman look cooler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagmar_merrill said:

Well, Batman is cooler..

Subjective, but in this episode they had to wank the sh*t out of it and make Superman some hypocritic hot head to make Batman look cooler

I've seen the episode.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've seen the episode.

Loading Video...

So you've seen that gem?F**KING PERFECT!

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@saint_wildcard: The real question is who actually deserves to win?

A lot of people hated what Superman did in the final battle of MOS. Perhaps Clark DESERVES a beating from Batfleck?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

A lot of people hated what Superman did in the final battle of MOS. Perhaps Clark DESERVES a beating from Batfleck?

That makes no sense whatsoever. If we go by sequel and movie logic, Superman is trying to do good and redeem himself, and Batman being the untrusting dude he is wants to take down Superman... THAT MAKES HIM THE BAD GUY! Superman getting beaten would not serve the plot or make any sense. If he does beat Superman, I see a threat coming that Bruce can't handle and then Superman saves the day, therbey making Bruce feel like an assh**e.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: Still going to the CaV for how Sups can beat Bats?

It's not how but why he will in BvS. ATM only Frozen is making an argument as to why Batman will win.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@saint_wildcard said:

@frozen said:

That makes no sense whatsoever. If we go by sequel and movie logic, Superman is trying to do good and redeem himself, and Batman being the untrusting dude he is wants to take down Superman... THAT MAKES HIM THE BAD GUY! Superman getting beaten would not serve the plot or make any sense. If he does beat Superman, I see a threat coming that Bruce can't handle and then Superman saves the day, therbey making Bruce feel like an assh**e.

Redeem himself for destroying a quarter of the city, in a battle which cost innocent lives.

Do you not think, via movie logic (your own term) that Batman has every single right to be suspicious of Superman? It wasn't as black and white as ''Superman did this. Let's praise him'' --- as the set photos demonstrate, people are divided on Superman.

I do not think Batman CAN win but I do think he WILL win in BvS.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By Transformers1024

- Superpunch him into the sun

- Superpunch him into the moon

- Superpunch him off a cliff

- Superpunch him to his parents graves

- Rip him him half

- Snap his neck

- Vaporize him with his lazer eyes

- Kick him in the bats

- Throw him across America

- Superhug

- Fly with him into space

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@saint_wildcard said:

@frozen said:

Redeem himself for destroying a quarter of the city, in a battle which cost innocent lives.

Do you not think, via movie logic that Batman has every single right to be suspicious of Superman?

How many bad guys think they are justified for what they are doing? Zod wanted to bring back his people and yet he got his neck snapped. But tell me, if Batman wins what will he do after that?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 frozen  Moderator

@saint_wildcard: I edited my comment, just if you want to know (I have the habit of doing it).

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@saint_wildcard: If I could choose, I would prefer they stalemate in the film and then team up. But, if I have to predict who will will in the film itself then it must be Batman. There's already an interview in which Snyder indirectly confirms that Kryptonite exists (he states that Batman was brought into the film because he pitched: ''what if Bruce Wayne was in the Man of Steel Universe and Kryptonite arrived on his doorstep?'').

Zod should not have had his neck snapped, but that aside, I do not know. All I know, is that The Dark Knight Returns is a major influence on BvS and the leaked clip is heavily reminiscent of it. Batman beating Superman may, in movie world, highlight a weakness for Superman (that MOS neglected).

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@saint_wildcard: If I could choose, I would prefer they stalemate in the film and then team up. But, if I have to predict who will will in the film itself then it must be Batman. There's already an interview in which Snyder indirectly confirms that Kryptonite exists (he states that Batman was brought into the film because he pitched: ''what if Bruce Wayne was in the Man of Steel Universe and Kryptonite arrived on his doorstep?'').

Zod should not have had his neck snapped, but that aside, I do not know. All I know, is that The Dark Knight Returns is a major influence on BvS and the leaked clip is heavily reminiscent of it. Batman beating Superman may, in movie world, highlight a weakness for Superman (that MOS neglected).

Again, the only way that Batman can beat Superman and it making sense is if at the end something happens that requires Superman and making Batman seem like a d**k cus Superman is a good guy trying to redeem himself. It can't be

Batman- I beat you

*MAJOR THREAT ARRIVES

Batman- F**k, get up alien. I'm your boss and you have to do what I say.

There'd have to be a moment of clarity that makes Batman see he was wrong.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@saint_wildcard: But what I'm arguing is that from an alternative perspective, despite Superman's intentions of being good, many people (even as viewers) completely disagree with his conduct in the battle for Metropolis. Trying to redeem himself doesn't bring back innocent lives. Again, this is just the alternative perspective of Superman being in the moral wrong. There will be people who genuinely think Superman deserves it.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SaintWildcard

@saint_wildcard: I'm a Superman fan too. Considering that it might have been many people's introduction to Batman I don't mind it, just like I didn't mind the Flash showing up Superman when he first appeared. Batman is cool, it is part of his character. Also that scene with Joker and Lex talking with Harley and Mercy in the background was priceless. It could only have been better if Batman and Superman switched uniforms to trick Luthor.

But at least in that episode they demonstrate that Flash is faster and were equals to a degree. The Batman Superman episode was just sh*tting on Superman for the whole thing, and they only thing they thought for making up for it was Superman beating Bane, STUPID!!!

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 frozen  Moderator

@frozen: There is also a panel in which Snyder implies that it isn't a fair fight and implies strongly that Superman crushes him. I don't think they are going to have an old Batman win and run the JL. It seems more likely to me Batman will be put up a fight but then: be outclassed, come to understand Superman and corporately oust Luthor and will then retire to let Superman lead a quasi-realistic Justice League.

I can give you several of him showing the utmost admiration of The Dark Knight Returns; and of course introducing the film with the ''one man who beat you'' quote raises eyebrows. I do not think he will run the Justice League either.

In the book, he was getting stomped and Superman wasn't even trying, it was only when he used a distraction to get Kryptonite onto him to which he won.

Or, Superman and Wonder Woman may fight instead. Batman won't retire either; they cannot dis-include him from the Justice League.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 frozen  Moderator

@papinacho: @saint_wildcard: To add - In the Animated Series, Sinestro was beating both Superman and Green Lantern. The same Sinestro that Batman one-shotted with a Batarang.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@saint_wildcard: But what I'm arguing is that from an alternative perspective, despite Superman's intentions of being good, many people (even as viewers) completely disagree with his conduct in the battle for Metropolis. Trying to redeem himself doesn't bring back innocent lives. Again, this is just the alternative perspective of Superman being in the moral wrong. There will be people who genuinely think Superman deserves it.

Dude, anyone can make this argument. ANYONE! You're failing to provide a reason story wise of why it needs to happen and how it will advance the story. This isn't TDKR where Batman and Superman had a difficult friendship and they split at the end, this is pre JL where they have to join forces. There are arguments on both sides, but I'm thinking logically and providing logical scenarios.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@saint_wildcard said:
@frozen said:

Dude, anyone can make this argument. ANYONE! You're failing to provide a reason story wise of why it needs to happen and how it will advance the story. This isn't TDKR where Batman and Superman had a difficult friendship and they split at the end, this is pre JL where they have to join forces. There are arguments on both sides, but I'm thinking logically and providing logical scenarios.

'Anyone' can make the argument that 'Batman will look like an a$$'. That's nothing new - that's in Batman's persona. He was an ass in The Dark Knight Returns too, despite being on the 'good' side. He is paranoid that way. But I cannot tell you accurately why it would advance the story because I have no idea what the story actually is. If I told you it'd be akin to fan fiction.

There are literally no credible arguments thus yet and they cannot be made without bias; I'm simply attempting to make a prediction based on the little evidence that I already know of the film.

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Juke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

1 way Superman can beat Batman in BvS:

He is Superman.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 frozen  Moderator

@juke said:

1 way Superman can beat Batman in BvS:

He is Superman.

Actually, the correct term is ''because I'm Batman'' or ''because he's Batman''.

Not Superman.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ScouterV

@scouterv: I love both fights. People complain that Superman was too aggresive but Green Lantern outright stated he was gooing to kick Superman's tushie.

That's my thinking behind it. Green Lantern came in to start a fight, and Superman had no idea who Batman was and assumed he was going to try and attack him like Lantern, so took the initiative and struck first, (uncharacteristic, but given the interpretation of Superman we're working with, not unexpected.) And in all fairness, Bruce was the one doing most of the attacking. Superman was mostly reacting.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Punch his head off.