#1 Edited by lilben42 (2606 posts) - - Show Bio

1. This Superman is just starting out. He is an amateur. He doesn't know how to handle situations as well as he will. He will be more reckless and his morals will just start to form.

2. This is nothing like a Christopher Nolan film or a Donner Superman film. Don't expect this film to be anything like any of those two. Its no Dark Knight but its still a great movie.

3. The Daily Planet is not supposed to have a big presence in this film. You are supposed to get a glimpse of how they are for the second movie.

MOS is an amazing movie. Although it has its flaws they aren't major. 4/5

#2 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

1. It's awesome.

2. It's awesome.

3. It's awesome.

Enough said

#3 Posted by drgnx (3566 posts) - - Show Bio

The critics are full of themselves and are more interested in making witty one-liners

The movie is an action movie for comic book fans

If you want romance, go watch Pretty Woman

#4 Posted by lilben42 (2606 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx: @awesam: Right! I I feel the second movie will be much better though.

#5 Posted by joshmightbe (24761 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx: The critics have been talking up Donner like they're 9 year olds on a play ground talking up their dad claiming no one can do the as good a job as him. If I here one more critic bitching because it isn't the Donner movie I'm going to scream. These are always the first people complaining when someone tries to copy another director's style yet now they're all whining because the new guy made a different movie?

#6 Posted by Decoy Elite (29923 posts) - - Show Bio

I went into MoS expected crap, so I was really blown away by the quality.
I don't think the film is perfect, but really I don't see much of a reason for it to get a lot of flack. Yes there's some stuff that erks me as Superman fan, but it's at least partially justified within the film itself and really it's just stuff I can see improved in a sequel.

Also a lot of my issues with it were mostly problems I have with most origins superhero movies that really can't be helped that much.

I do think people need to check their expectations at the door a bit before seeing it, just try to enjoy the ride so that even if the movie isn't your thing you can at least have a pleasant theater experience.

#7 Edited by lilben42 (2606 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Decoy Elite (29923 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42: Yeah, I mean I wasn't going to see it because I expected something way too gritty but it actually hit a nice middle ground and caught me by surprise.

#9 Edited by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

You know, it's to WB/DC's credit that they chose to go in this direction and listen to the fans. Superman Returns actually got good reviews and made respectable money, but they closed up shop because of the negative blow-back from fans. You really don't see these kind of business decisions happen very often. Not saying it was out of the sweetness of their hearts, but rather a shrewd move.

Admittedly the critics aren't happy about Man of Steel, but it looks like this film is going to make massive money this weekend. The viewers I've heard from appear pleased for the most part.

#10 Edited by drgnx (3566 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

@drgnx: The critics have been talking up Donner like they're 9 year olds on a play ground talking up their dad claiming no one can do the as good a job as him. If I here one more critic bitching because it isn't the Donner movie I'm going to scream. These are always the first people complaining when someone tries to copy another director's style yet now they're all whining because the new guy made a different movie?

They need to make themselves noticed, it validates their position at their company. I guess they are like children who crave attention they will take it in any form even if it is negative!

I remember a guy complaining because PEPPER didn't enough screen time in Avengers, but didn't even mention War Machine ... They same person complained because the Chitauri "died" after Tony took out their command ship, they couldn't seem to wrap his head around the fact they powered down without their command ship so he ragged on about how Machines dying doesn't make sense....

Now we have critics complaining about too much action in an action movie and not enough romance....

10 years of Smallville, a recent comic reboot; I think comic fans are up to their eyes in character development and relationship building. I am sooo happy after watching smallville that he didn't rehash the full origin where we watch Clark grow up.

I'll admit;

• I did find Clark a little too eager to put on that suit...
  • I also didn't like they way or reason he let his dad die; at the end of the day his dad dying to save a dog, and Clark letting him, does not sit well for me. Though it made sense that Lois would step back because of that reason and keep his secret.

Other than those points, I'm good!

Despite what "critics" say; the way the bad guys died was solid, Snyder made sure we knew Faora's character flaw was taking her time to dispatch clearly inferior foes.

#11 Edited by lilben42 (2606 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx: His dad basically because he wanted to keep Clarks secret.

#12 Posted by Z3RO180 (6717 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam: I'm heading out to see it in an hour and that's what I expect to see from it :D

#13 Edited by BumpyBoo (10716 posts) - - Show Bio

TRUTH :D

#14 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1512 posts) - - Show Bio

Whatever Happened in this movie was justified in the spirit of the Movie. This is Superman in real life!can't stress that enough and reality isn't candy land. i thought it was near perfect,definitely 8.5-9/10 for me. and definitely up there with the dark knight. the emotional depth to this movie is not to be overlooked.

#16 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1512 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite: that was unexpected,any way that was my opinion,u have problem with it,ignore it,retorting with something that stupid shows how mature u are.

#17 Edited by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite: that was unexpected,any way that was my opinion,u have problem with it,ignore it,retorting with something that stupid shows how mature u are.

You mean like failing to capitalize the first letter of your sentence here, failing to punctuate the words that come after the commas you used, using commas in place of periods, and using an instant messaging word like "U" instead of you does for yourself?

#18 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1512 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite: Oh man, ok whatever you say. Hope you enjoyed the movie.

#19 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite: Oh man, ok whatever you say. Hope you enjoyed the movie.

Hope your sentence structure remains that good.

#20 Edited by drgnx (3566 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42:

I know why he let himself die, I just didn't like the way he did it.

#21 Edited by lilben42 (2606 posts) - - Show Bio