• 55 results
#1 Posted by adamrolls (40 posts) - - Show Bio

"You are weak, Son of El, unsure of yourself. The fact that you possess a sense of morality, and we do not, gives us an evolutionary advantage. And if history has proven anything...
It is that evolution always wins."

-Faora (

The storyline was meh...the action was WOAH!!!...but the deciding factor was this quote. This barely coherent, shoehorned, sycophantic speech by Faora destroyed this movie for me. Although the words were heard by my ears, it was my stomach that reacted with the nausea of being on a merry go round after drinking a gallon of Jagermeister. Here are the reasons this vomit inducing quote did more harm to the " Man of Steel" than a Kryptonite enema

1- Technically Superman should be Championing Evolution

Spoiler Alert: The movie goes into detail of how each Kryptonian is engineered synthetically for certain positions necessary for their society (I.E they engineer a crop of baby soldiers for their army, baby scientist for their research, and baby cops for there bacon stock).

Out of all this neat and tidy production of a useful civilian inventory baby Kal-el is born of Natural birth. This is the first natural birth in Hundreds of years. You all know the story from here. Krypton blows up.. Kal gets sent to earth.. Soaks up some sun.. Develops powers.. and Masters them. lives amongst Humans,

So in other words, when I think of how the movie depicts Kal-el being basically a product of natural procreation through what I assume to be some kind of mutation ( kryptonians were sterile ) and adapting to his environment social and physically, It almost seems like character is a love letter to Darwin.

As for Faora... Wasn't she the one that was engineered by intelligent hands to serve a purpose chosen by those aforementioned "intelligent hands". In other words, wasn't she the one that was created.

2- It is an Embarrassingly Clumsy Ode to Christianity that is more Offensive than Flattering

Some of you may not know this but this movie was heavily marketed to Christian Religious groups. If you missed it, it don't feel bad the movie approaches with masterful subtlety.

The kind of subtlety you would find from picture of a cat riding a fire breathing unicorn in the middle of a superman forum posting. Faora's quote is the horn on the unicorn. Although the movie has many moments where there "seems" to be Christian undertone....

yep..."seems "

...That quote is golden phallic apex atop a mythical white stallion protruding upwards to new heights of Christian peddling... Believe it or not I consider myself a Christian and that line, when seen in the context of the story, makes no sense. Yet, it was written into dutifully into the dialogue.

It's almost like there was a checklist.

• Superman floats in crucifix - Check.
  • Superman next to stain glass windows- Check....
  • Oh and Evolution speech by villains to make it clear this movie is aligned with the idea that evolution and morality cannot coexist...wait that makes no sense...ah screw do it any ways All Christians hate evolution ...They'll eat it up!!!

you see what I mean? Offensive right

3- It reduces the antagonists to the level of Saturday morning mustache twirling villain.

This is just my opinion I find the concept of character/ characters being driven by clear motives to be engaging. The more relatable the motive the more engaging the character becomes. Relatable motives can run the spectrum from greed, to love,to survival, to horniness.

Zod and his Kryptonian's seem to be faced with quite a dilemma: Conquest vs Extinction. Naturally they chose Conquest. Ok ...Ok ... Perhaps peacefully assimilating to earth and the known to be peaceful humans was an option (eye roll)... but lets just say they didn't think that cohabiting a planet where 6 billion hairless apes that have history making things extinct was a wise move when their population was reduced to barely over a handful already.

So given those circumstances, do you think the Kryptonians thought that they themselves were evil? My thoughts are no, they did not. They were merely taking the steps they thought was necessary to ensure there survival.

Not only is she straight up stating that Kryptonians have no morals, Faora's speech denotes a disdain for morality. Faora might as be twirling a mustache while saying "how good it is to be amoral/evil !!" and tying superman to railroad tracks.

...And That's my final reason for not liking this quote it makes the villains paper thin.

Anyways am I alone on this? Am I overreacting to this quote?...Ah what the hell do I know.

#2 Posted by youmessinwithme (1188 posts) - - Show Bio

yes you're definetly overreacting to the quote.

#3 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

I love croissants.

#4 Posted by Vaccine (277 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Outside_85 (8998 posts) - - Show Bio

And what other logic would have liked to hear from someone who's been born and bred to be a sociopath?

What you remark about it being greased up for Christian groups... I think you are reaching, when you are not completely wrong. See, I am under the impression that only really hard-core christian groups don't believe in the theory of evolution these days (I am thinking about those that want the Intelligent Design idea taught in schools and those further out), thats one thing.

The other is that I am fairly certain she only made that speech so the non-combat hardened Kal would be intimidated by the purpose built killing machine she is, and for us (the audience) to understand how far Kryptonian soldiers were conditioned to war and that there simply could be no reasoning with them.

#6 Posted by Lvenger (19886 posts) - - Show Bio

The comparison between Faora's evolution superiority and the obvious Christ like imagery of Superman does annoy as a Superman fan, supporter of evolution and atheist. But you're kind of reaching otherwise.

#7 Posted by Wolverine08 (42202 posts) - - Show Bio

Paragon of an overreaction to a simple quote.

#8 Posted by SanoHibiki (1521 posts) - - Show Bio

My friend, I think that you are overanalyzing it a little.

1. Don’t think that questions of kryptonian morale and religion tied to each other. MoS creators tried to give to Superman Savior-like quality, but instead building that impression through his actions, they often simply stated that in open. Besides, trying to give such trait to Superman in “real-world”-like type of film is not a wise move, to say at least.

2. While Kryptonians were engineered for single purpose, they still have their own personality.

I read novelization of MoS. Zod were stated to be indifferent about humans, except when they were posing problems for his plans (and, of course, enraged Zod in the end of the film). Faora… Jor-El stated about her that, while she loyal to Zod, she have predator-like personality and “were enjoying inflicting pain on others too much “. Faora is simply beautiful, trained and cruel warrior form Krypton. This leads to next…

3. I pretty sure that this speech were just “intimidation try + sharing your personal ideology” kind of speech. Personal, not official ideology of entire Krypton.

During this scene I was wishing that Supes would counter with something like that: “If your lack of moral gives you evolutionary advantage, then why you failed to save the Krypton? No, Faora, it’s you who is weak. Evolution, life itself can’t be programmed, because it adaptive, able to flourish everywhere. I am part of evolution; you are evolution’s dead end”.

4. I think that Kryptonian fertile enough to bear children. Prefer to think that they had really good contraception products; add to that that natural birth were social taboo for generations, not physiological impossibility.

#9 Posted by MatteoPG (1927 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, you are overreacting. And not a little bit.

First of all, this is a villain speaking. Better yet, this is ONE villain speaking. And it was a little bit of bragging on her part. It's like saying that the Joker speeches in Dark Knight ruin the movie because it's not true that all humans are evil. Of course it's not true. It's a work of fiction, not an essay on morals.

She states what she believes in. Period. She is presented as a nutbag, so automatically we don't put much stock in what she says. Also, anyone who knows anything about evolution will know that it is a wrong interpretation. But that's besides the point.

Zod states his own reason for despising Superman... why didn't you read anything into it? And why didn't they give him, the actual antagonist, the real bulk of their super-duper secret agenda driven message?

Looks like you're just strying to find some convoluted reason to not like the movie. If you didn't like it that's great, but these arguments are really really thin.

#10 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (10553 posts) - - Show Bio

No one here agrees with you and some of them are atheists, yeah, its just you.

#11 Edited by lifeofvibe (3484 posts) - - Show Bio

you are overeacting way to much i actually liked that quote

#12 Posted by Black_Claw (2987 posts) - - Show Bio

Somebody's overreacting.

#13 Posted by toplel (917 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, that quote was pretty bad and could be labelled as an attempt at trying to sound smart and failing, but you are over analyzing it. The script wasn't too great as a whole.

#14 Posted by Ms. Omega (4469 posts) - - Show Bio

Its just a movie dude let it go.

#15 Edited by adamrolls (40 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21850 posts) - - Show Bio

Its just a movie dude let it go.

#17 Posted by adamrolls (40 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaccine: @wolverine08: @ms__omega: @hero92: @youmessinwithme:

Thanks for responding all

. yeah may be I am over-reacting. But when the a character says something that presents such a jarring discrepancy between the character and storyline...and places it words. I have a hard time ignoring...

kinda like I can't get over superman lifting a kryptonite island.

#18 Posted by SoA (4832 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21850 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaccine: @wolverine08: @ms__omega: @hero92: @youmessinwithme:

Thanks for responding all

. yeah may be I am over-reacting. But when the a character says something that presents such a jarring discrepancy between the character and storyline...and places it words. I have a hard time ignoring...

kinda like I can't get over superman lifting a kryptonite island.

whats so bad about that?

#20 Posted by adamrolls (40 posts) - - Show Bio

@sanohibiki:

My friend, I think that you are overanalyzing it a little.

1. Don’t think that questions of kryptonian morale and religion tied to each other. MoS creators tried to give to Superman Savior-like quality, but instead building that impression through his actions, they often simply stated that in open. Besides, trying to give such trait to Superman in “real-world”-like type of film is not a wise move, to say at least.

2. While Kryptonians were engineered for single purpose, they still have their own personality.

I read novelization of MoS. Zod were stated to be indifferent about humans, except when they were posing problems for his plans (and, of course, enraged Zod in the end of the film). Faora… Jor-El stated about her that, while she loyal to Zod, she have predator-like personality and “were enjoying inflicting pain on others too much “. Faora is simply beautiful, trained and cruel warrior form Krypton. This leads to next…

3. I pretty sure that this speech were just “intimidation try + sharing your personal ideology” kind of speech. Personal, not official ideology of entire Krypton.

During this scene I was wishing that Supes would counter with something like that: “If your lack of moral gives you evolutionary advantage, then why you failed to save the Krypton? No, Faora, it’s you who is weak. Evolution, life itself can’t be programmed, because it adaptive, able to flourish everywhere. I am part of evolution; you are evolution’s dead end”.

4. I think that Kryptonian fertile enough to bear children. Prefer to think that they had really good contraception products; add to that that natural birth were social taboo for generations, not physiological impossibility.

1. agreed 100 percent

2-3- Supes should have said " you Faora you are not technically part of evolutionary process because by definition is a natural process of changes through generations that result in adaptation to environment...you were created synthetically made...you...your existence is more akin to farming than evolution.

4-maybe

#21 Posted by adamrolls (40 posts) - - Show Bio

@matteopg:

@matteopg said:

Yes, you are overreacting. And not a little bit.

First of all, this is a villain speaking. Better yet, this is ONE villain speaking. And it was a little bit of bragging on her part. It's like saying that the Joker speeches in Dark Knight ruin the movie because it's not true that all humans are evil. Of course it's not true. It's a work of fiction, not an essay on morals.

She states what she believes in. Period. She is presented as a nutbag, so automatically we don't put much stock in what she says. Also, anyone who knows anything about evolution will know that it is a wrong interpretation. But that's besides the point.

Zod states his own reason for despising Superman... why didn't you read anything into it? And why didn't they give him, the actual antagonist, the real bulk of their super-duper secret agenda driven message?

Looks like you're just strying to find some convoluted reason to not like the movie. If you didn't like it that's great, but these arguments are really really thin.

1- A work of fiction may not be an essay in morals but it definitely comment, expound, and defend on a moral perspective ( especially in in the comic book/superhero where the themes of good vs evil, responsibility, and sacrifice always seem to come up)

2-she may be a nutbag. But I would I think its safe to take stock in someone who ZOD considered competent enough to be his right hand woman

3-- Zod ( if I remember correctly) mostly talks about ensuring Krypton's survival...So much so that when all of them were gone he become suicidal

she may be a nutbag. But I would I think its safe to take stock in someone who ZOD considered competent enough to be his right hand woman

#22 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously?

#23 Posted by SanoHibiki (1521 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamrolls:

Supes should have said " you Faora you are not technically part of evolutionary process because by definition is a natural process of changes through generations that result in adaptation to environment...you were created synthetically made...you...your existence is more akin to farming than evolution.

Considering Supes’ farmboy background, your variant speech sounds better.

4-maybe

I don’t pretend to know universal truth about kryptonians. Maybe you right. My take on that basically the next: Kal-El were stated many times in comics to be just ordinary kryptonian (at least, physiologically), normal and healthy child of two normal kryptonians. Following your logic, in MoS Universe Kal set apart from fellow kryptonians not only by being “not programmed”, but also being product of mutation. That a little … too much, I guess. But, as I already said, maybe you right.

#24 Posted by MatteoPG (1927 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_: appearently. Go read the answer he gave to my points and then consider how serious he thing he is.

#25 Edited by Nerd Of A Hero (882 posts) - - Show Bio

Now this is just silly. Your overreacting a bit, sir.

#26 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29500 posts) - - Show Bio

Saved forever in my overreaction folder.

#27 Posted by MatteoPG (1927 posts) - - Show Bio

100% of people told him that he is overreacting. Let's see whether he is able to change his mind based on external advice or not.

#28 Posted by WIshIWasSuperman (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

"You are weak, Son of El, unsure of yourself. The fact that you possess a sense of morality, and we do not, gives us an evolutionary advantage. And if history has proven anything...

It is that evolution always wins."

-Faora (

The storyline was meh...the action was WOAH!!!...but the deciding factor was this quote. This barely coherent, shoehorned, sycophantic speech by Faoradestroyedthis movie for me. Although the words were heard by my ears, it was my stomach that reacted with the nausea of being on a merry go round after drinking a gallon of Jagermeister. Here are the reasons this vomit inducing quote did more harm to the" Man of Steel" than a Kryptonite enema

1- Technically Superman should be Championing Evolution

Spoiler Alert: The movie goes into detail of how each Kryptonian is engineered synthetically for certain positions necessary for their society (I.E they engineer a crop of baby soldiers for their army, baby scientist for their research, and baby cops for there bacon stock).

Out of all this neat and tidy production of a useful civilian inventory baby Kal-el is born of Natural birth. This is the first natural birth in Hundreds of years. You all know the story from here. Krypton blows up.. Kal gets sent to earth.. Soaks up some sun.. Develops powers.. and Masters them. lives amongst Humans,

So in other words, when I think of how the movie depicts Kal-el being basically a product of natural procreation through what I assume to be some kind of mutation ( kryptonians were sterile ) and adapting to his environment social and physically,It almost seems like character is a love letter to Darwin.

As for Faora... Wasn't she the one that was engineered by intelligent hands to serve a purpose chosen by those aforementioned "intelligent hands". In other words, wasn't she the one that was created.

I think I see where you're coming from on this specific point, however I would offer an alternative understanding. 1 - There's no suggestion that I can recall from the film that Kryptonians were sterile. IIRC this was a plot device in a particular origin/Krypton story at one point in Superman mythos history, but hasn't generally been part of the character, and certainly doesn't seem to be part of MoS specifically. 2 - ALL Kryptonians are just like Kal-El, from a purely physiological perspective he's no different, in fact if anything he would be potentially inferior, as they are specifically engineered to be ideal for their chosen life (soldier, scientist, garbage collector, whatever...). While he like us was basically playing a lottery of genetics on the other hand. It could be viewed that as part of a natural process of a species evolving it will obtain a stage where the natural selection and genetics lottery are removed all together and instead ideally designed versions are produced to ensure the ultimate strength and ability to survive (an idea that MoS wouldn't be the 1st to approach I might add). 3 - I believe the point in mentioning Evolution at all doesn't actually relate at all to any of this. Instead it is a statement that a lack of morals provides an advantage from a "only the strong survive" mentality of evolution, as the "strongest" in her opinion are those willing to do anything, including take a life, especially if the life being taken is of an inferior species. For example, humans hunt and kill other animals for food, for fun or for our own protection. We deforest large areas and displace animals (who we subconsciously could then consider that we view as 'lower species') and wipe out entire eco-systems for our own survival and benefit and expansion. THIS I believe is what she is referring to, that as Kryptonians are the "superior" species, that any concern for human life is a waste, it's pointless, it's weak as it stops him from being the Kryptonian he should be. TO me this speaks to the amount of layers the script had, that it approaches and mirrors so many real world issues and provides so many points of discussion such as this - how we as a species treat our own world, and impact the eco systems and life around us all the time, without even a 2nd thought.

2- It is an Embarrassingly Clumsy Ode to Christianity that is more Offensive than Flattering

Some of you may not know this but this movie was heavily marketed to Christian Religious groups. If you missed it, it don't feel bad the movie approaches with masterful subtlety.

The kind of subtlety you would find from picture of a cat riding a fire breathing unicorn in the middle of a superman forum posting. Faora's quote is the horn on the unicorn. Although the movie has many moments where there "seems" to be Christian undertone....

yep..."seems "

...That quote is golden phallic apex atop a mythical white stallion protruding upwards to new heights of Christian peddling... Believe it or not I consider myself a Christian and that line, when seen in the context of the story, makes no sense. Yet, it was written into dutifully into the dialogue.

It's almost like there was a checklist.

• Superman floats in crucifix - Check.
  • Superman next to stain glass windows- Check....
  • Oh and Evolution speech by villains to make it clear this movie is aligned with the idea that evolution and morality cannot coexist...wait that makes no sense...ah screw do it any ways All Christians hate evolution ...They'll eat it up!!!

you see what I mean? Offensive right

Again, I understand what you're saying, however I would again disagree, or at least provide a counter-perspective. It's not that Kryptonians have a lack of morals, it's that I believe she feels his are misplaced - he has no allegiance to Krypton. He is fighting his own race in order to save this other, lower, less evolved species? It's a ridiculous idea. Rather he should be strong, he shouldn't care about these beings at all and should instead embrace his heritage, his DNA, and subjugate, rule and, in the context of the film, destroy them. Why do you not kill? Destroy your enemies, don't hold back - wipe out their entire genetic line. That is the way of Faora - that is what she is talking about. She knows he's holding back. She can tell by the way he moves and fights, how easy it was for her to knock him senseless. She sees this being due to him not wanting to hurt others, not knowing that the guy has literally never had a fight in his life and is totally unsure of himself - he has no idea what he's doing at this point in the film and has only just discovered he can fly - he has no idea how strong he is or what else he's capable of at this point. She misinterprets some of his actions, as well as observes his earlier concern for the citizens of Metropolis and accuses him of being weak, by comparison to herself and Zod and the others - who would do anything at all for Krypton. She's not suggesting evolution has removed their morality - only that they are clear in their conviction and have no regard for these mortals. The evolution lines are just suggesting that because of this, they can achieve their goal, whereas he will be hindered, he won't fight effectively, he will be distracted and he will be defeated unless he crosses the line with them (pointing to the climax of the film later with Zod).

For the record, I too am a Christian (for want of a better label) and I was not offended.

3- It reduces the antagonists to the level of Saturday morning mustache twirling villain.

This is just my opinion I find the concept of character/ characters being driven by clear motives to be engaging. The more relatable the motive the more engaging the character becomes.Relatable motives can run the spectrum from greed, to love,to survival, to horniness.

Zod and his Kryptonian's seem to be faced with quite a dilemma: Conquest vs Extinction. Naturally they chose Conquest. Ok ...Ok ...Perhaps peacefully assimilating to earth and the known to be peaceful humans was an option (eye roll)... but lets just say they didn't think that cohabiting a planet where 6 billion hairless apes that have history making things extinct was a wise move when their population was reduced to barely over a handful already.

So given those circumstances, do you think the Kryptonians thought that they themselves were evil? My thoughts are no, they did not. They were merely taking the steps they thought was necessary to ensure there survival.

Not only is she straight up stating that Kryptonians have no morals, Faora's speech denotes a disdain for morality. Faora might as be twirling a mustache while saying "how good it is to be amoral/evil !!" and tying superman to railroad tracks.

...And That's my final reason for not liking this quote it makes the villains paper thin.

This is your one point I can't quite connect with. It may have to do with our completely different perceptions of the quote and what it meant, but I can't see it as coming off the way you've described here. I found it to be quite defining and powerful personally - providing insight into who they are and giving another perspective specifically on Faora and just how she operates. IN direct contrast to yourself, instead of it making her a "thin" villain, it allowed for her to be further fleshed out for me. She was someone totally committed to the cause - doing anything for her General and his dreams - no exceptions, no regrets, no holding back. All or nothing. It also spoke to the underlying "choice" that Snyder and Goyer kept pointing to in the film and throughout it constantly - that he (Superman) would have to at some stage make an impossible decision if he was going to succeed. If he was ever going to be what they Earth needed (the saviour in this case and as further tribute to the messianic imagery) then at some point he would have to cross a line. He would have to make a choice - a hard, impossible choice between himself and everyone else. Not just choosing Earth over Krypton, but giving up whatever parts of himself he was holding onto for the greater good -being something of a sacrifice. He also had to choose to survive - to be better, to be stronger, to be tougher, to adapt and be more than he had ever been in his life, because if he didn't - Faora and Zod and Non and all the others on the ship would run him over and Earth would be no more.

As others have suggested, you may be over-reacting - not in terms of your interpretation of the line however. Just that you seem in your OP to be using this one small very brief statement in the film to be the reason for you simply not enjoying the movie. Now, maybe that is the case, or maybe you're using it as a scapegoat so that you don't dislike it for no apparent reason, or simply because of the ending or one of the other more common criticisms of the film, I don't know. What I do know is that the film had many underlying messages and images and reflections of our world, society and people, and for that reason if no other, I find it a very well written and executed movie. This thread itself just goes to show how involved this film can be, considering how differently yourself, myself and others have all interpreted just one small portion of the film.

#29 Posted by coolcat4 (248 posts) - - Show Bio

well superman beats them disproving her quote making it ok

#30 Posted by MatteoPG (1927 posts) - - Show Bio

@coolcat4 said:

well superman beats them disproving her quote making it ok

Lol at this!

#31 Posted by Superboy101 (61 posts) - - Show Bio

hah

#32 Posted by coolcat4 (248 posts) - - Show Bio

@matteopg: is it funny or am i being retarded i need to know

#33 Posted by MatteoPG (1927 posts) - - Show Bio

@coolcat4: no no, I was genuinely laughing. It is kind of true, in movie logic, but mostly I thought it was a nice joke :)

It's hard to convey tone over the internet. Which is why I try to steer away from sarcasm.

#34 Posted by coolcat4 (248 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Edited by Joygirl (19935 posts) - - Show Bio

YOU LEAVE FAORA ALONE, I'LL CUT CHU.

#36 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

M'kay

#37 Edited by batmannflash (6219 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol

#38 Edited by Akindoodle (1021 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll definitely agree with you on the last point. The Kryptonians calling themselves evil was just... exactly as you described. "Saturday morning cartoon, mustache twirling evil". It's something Skeletor or Hordak et al would say. It was so weird to hear when I watched the movie. My reaction; "They couldn't have done that on purpose, right? Right?"

#39 Posted by w0nd (3401 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll definitely agree with you on the last point. The Kryptonians calling themselves evil was just... exactly as you described. "Saturday morning cartoon, mustache twirling evil". It's something Skeletor or Hordak et al would say. It was so weird to hear when I watched the movie. My reaction; "They couldn't have done that on purpose, right? Right?"

did they flat out refer to themselves as evil? what part was it at. I rememebr them basically saying they were better and stronger but

#40 Posted by Akindoodle (1021 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd said:

@akindoodle said:

did they flat out refer to themselves as evil? what part was it at. I rememebr them basically saying they were better and stronger but

Yeah, I think they did at some point. Zod was all like "Why do you care about these people?" etc, etc but one of them specifically said something about a moral compass or their lack thereof. I might be referring to the exact quote the OP gave. It's been a while since I watched it but I do remember calling it out in the cinema.

#41 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6332 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok....good for you.

#42 Posted by batmannflash (6219 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by MatteoPG (1927 posts) - - Show Bio

@akindoodle: she actually said that they lack empathy towards different species. That's not saying "we are evil". Some people in real life declare that they don't even care about other human beings as long as they are not in close proximity to them, so it sounds like something a slightly crazed soldier could say.

#44 Posted by Akindoodle (1021 posts) - - Show Bio

@matteopg: ah well then. I'll find the time to watch it again and confirm. Though I have a vague suspicion that someone did call themselves evil. I barely have any recollection of the dialogue... cue Panic! at the Disco song; "Memories, where'd you go? You're all I've ever known! - somthin' somthin' - how I let it fade away!"

#45 Posted by consolemaster001 (5573 posts) - - Show Bio

lol ok

#46 Posted by Zondorahn (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought the evolution statement by Faora was odd an out of place. Evolution does not win, it just happens and sometimes its product loses. I felt the quote oddly placed and potentially some thought of the writer/director whatever. Definitely the character, Faora, did not seem to understand evolution.

#47 Edited by NukeA6 (474 posts) - - Show Bio

This has got to be one of the lamest complaints of Man of Steel.

#48 Posted by soduh2 (865 posts) - - Show Bio

Character is compared to Jesus Christ

Non-Christian response: Catering to Christians again, they must be enjoying this.

Liberal Christian response: ...meh.

Moderate Christian response: Okay, this is awkward.

Conservative Christian response: HOW DARE THEY COMPARE (CHARACTER) TO JESUS CHRIST!

#49 Posted by nightwing817 (264 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a complaint- Not enough Amy Adams rear end screen time. There's a topic for ya.

#50 Posted by Lushington (1 posts) - - Show Bio

You're spot on, @adamrolls. The rest of you just weren't paying attention. That was one of the loudest godbotherer dogwhistles I've heard in a long time.