1 year out

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By SOG7dc

Predict the state of new52 Superman one year from today. Will we love Pak or will we hate him? Remember when Lobdell started people loved his first few issues. Will we look upon Unchained Fondly? Will the new52 DOS have pleased fans? What do you think will be the general trend of the superman board in a year? Trending upward in terms of reader satisfaction or trending downward? Now I know no one can know but I'm asking what you think will happen

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

IDK, I can't see the future.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Superman will snap more necks,

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rulerofthisuniverse:

Hence why I said this:

"Now I know no one can know but I'm asking what you think will happen" lol

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SaintWildcard

We'll finally get to read some good Lex Luthor vs Superman stories.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope that the WWSM relationship is still going.

Massive Superman crossover.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Well I'm pretty positive wonder woman and superman won't be together still. They said it wasn't meant to last. And wasn't superman unchained ending in April?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Well I'm pretty positive wonder woman and superman won't be together still. They said it wasn't meant to last. And wasn't superman unchained ending in April?

I'll take that bet.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: haha deal! But did you hear anything about unchained being cancelled too or was that just me?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Not a huge fan of the series but no, it just suffers from huge delays. It is going to end but not till issue 9 I think.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@saint_wildcard:

I wonder why they won't just get a new creative team

I think the success of the book lies on the fact that it's drawn by Jim Lee and written by Scott Snyder. Changing both will drop that book to less than 75k. And just cus a book is successful doesnt always mean that it will be ongoing, maybe they just made this book to coincide with Superman's 75th and MoS.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SanoHibiki

From what I saw so far from Pak I would like his run. When UC would end I will be like “Finally it’s complete!” The longer Soule-written SM/WW would last, the better for me.

This summer we’ll get Soule, Pak and Johns on main Superman-related titles. I’m sure that the most readers would find something to their liking. Other than that, IDK.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Booster Gold was told he needed to end it to save the timeline.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard said:

Scan or it didnt happen. I know it has to end but I hope it doesnt for at least 3 more years.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman said:

@saint_wildcard said:

Scan or it didnt happen. I know it has to end but I hope it doesnt for at least 3 more years.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

In Justice League International Annual #1, time-traveling superhero Booster Gold is visited by an older version of himself, who warns him that he needs to stop Wonder Woman and Superman from getting together. Both Booster Golds watch with horror on the monitors as Wonder Woman and Superman’s kiss seemingly writes them out of existence like a pair of unsuccessful Marty McFlys.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: M'kay. But he failed. So the Cliana relationship won't be stopped by Booster :P

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly think that in 1 year, superman comics will be in a wonderful place, greg will give us great stuff with Action Comics, I trully do believe that Johns will give us a Superman on an epic scale, people will finally stop hating on SM/WW and realize that it is a good comic, greg will give a bit better stories in BM/SM, supergirl will stay with this quality or go even better, & superboy will either be cancelled or totally remade into something that will not make me want to kill my self.

Or I will just wake up, and see what's happening in the real world.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@allstarsuperman: M'kay. But he failed. So the Cliana relationship won't be stopped by Booster :P

No it'll be stopped by people who actually know Superman and Wonder Woman don't work together :P

On topic, how can we tell? There's a New 52 Doomsday story arc coming along that's bound to cause controversy, good or bad, but it will definitely be controversial.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SaintWildcard

@lvenger said:

@saint_wildcard said:

No it'll be stopped by people who actually know Superman and Wonder Woman don't work together :P

You can't see it, but I'm shaking my fist in anger.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@saint_wildcard said:

You can't see it, but I'm shaking my fist in anger.

You can't see it but I'm singing the Trololollol song :P

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SanoHibiki

@saint_wildcard:

Wait a minute, tomorrow 12th Feb, SM/WW #5 would be on the sale! I completely lost track of time! Heh… Perfect opportunity to spend some money, thanks for reminding me.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SaintWildcard

@jayc1324: I should have bet some money :/

I was right on all 3... not counting the neck snapping though.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Look! A time when we didn't hate eachother.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Lvenger

@saintwildcard: I don't know, I still didn't agree with you back then. Also what was the point of bumping this?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@saintwildcard: I don't know, I still didn't agree with you back then. Also what was the point of bumping this?

At that time it felt more like friendly banter. Not so much now. MOstly the fact that I was right and wanted to rub it in that users face.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: Sure you keep telling yourself you're right about Superman matters, if that's what you need to maintain your rep or whatever on here. Doesn't change the nature of the discussions we've had though does it?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@saintwildcard: Sure you keep telling yourself you're right about Superman matters, if that's what you need to maintain your rep or whatever on here. Doesn't change the nature of the discussions we've had though does it?

The hell are you talking about dude? Tone it down, I'm talking about how Jayc said that SM/WW would break up within a year, I said no way, and I was right.I'm really trying to just not get into it with you anymore cus I just don't feel like being that angry person anymore. I tag you in a playful way, you misunderstand and then quickly attack me by trying to make yourself seem better than me. Jesus Christ.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

I honestly think that in 1 year, superman comics will be in a wonderful place, greg will give us great stuff with Action Comics, I trully do believe that Johns will give us a Superman on an epic scale, people will finally stop hating on SM/WW and realize that it is a good comic, greg will give a bit better stories in BM/SM, supergirl will stay with this quality or go even better, & superboy will either be cancelled or totally remade into something that will not make me want to kill my self.

Ha.

At least Superboy was cancelled :P

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Lvenger

@squalleon said:
@2cool4fun said:

Ha.

At least Superboy was cancelled :P

A shame how none of these predictions came true for us. And that the Superman Family comics were cancelled to give us Teenage Doomsday instead -_- Lobdell being a good little editorial slave has kept him at DC against all the criticism, fan dislike and his own poor attitude.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Squalleon

@lvenger said:

A shame how none of these predictions came true for us. And that the Superman Family comics were cancelled to give us Teenage Doomsday instead -_- Lobdell being a good little editorial slave has kept him at DC against all the criticism, fan dislike and his own poor attitude.

Superboy needed a good reboot unfortunately. Lobdell messed the character hard.

I have no problem with Doomed because that keeps him away from other titles.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Superboy needed a good reboot unfortunately. Lobdell messed the character hard.

I have no problem with Doomed because that keeps him away from other titles.

Well he's not getting one in the current Teen Titans series, I know that much. Supergirl had Superboy be partially redeemed and written well for once in the New 52. But he's back to being a fugitive and criminal again in Teen Titans currently.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Well he's not getting one in the current Teen Titans series, I know that much. Supergirl had Superboy be partially redeemed and written well for once in the New 52. But he's back to being a fugitive and criminal again in Teen Titans currently.

The only way for Superboy to become a new chracter in the New 52 is to die and be replaced by a better version. His current version is awful, his origins are convoluted, his persona non existent. Personally I wouldn't miss that "Kon".

And I am not saying lets return to the Pre-52 status quo, just make a better origin than "clone of a potential evil offspring of Clark and Lois from a future never to come".

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Oh how naive I was back then...

You weren't the only one. I expected Johns to deliver greatness too. And I expected Pak to become better post-Doomed. We all were man, we all were *sad gif*.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@2cool4fun said:

You weren't the only one. I expected Johns to deliver greatness too. And I expected Pak to become better post-Doomed. We all were man, we all were *sad gif*.

For some reason I was iffy on Johns even though I've loved all his New 52 work. And yet somehow I'm more pissed at him than you

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:
@2cool4fun said:

For some reason I was iffy on Johns even though I've loved all his New 52 work. And yet somehow I'm more pissed at him than you

Johns wasn't bad, I don't hate his work. I am just angry that he left in the middle. I am angry he promised long term run and then left.

But I just learned he will continue his story(about Mr.Oz) in another title so I am not so angry anymore.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You want a better origin for superboy? Howabout make him the clone of pre Flashpoint superman and lois,not a evil future version from a time line that won't happen.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

The only way for Superboy to become a new chracter in the New 52 is to die and be replaced by a better version. His current version is awful, his origins are convoluted, his persona non existent. Personally I wouldn't miss that "Kon".

And I am not saying lets return to the Pre-52 status quo, just make a better origin than "clone of a potential evil offspring of Clark and Lois from a future never to come".

Nor would I at all, Superboy's suffered even worse than Superman from the reboot. It didn't help that he had a poor writer, a badly conceived origin and a muddled mess of an attempt from writers such as Marv Wolfman to fix the mistakes left by Lobdell for New 52 Superboy's story, origin and character. It might not be so bad that Superboy doesn't have a solo series anymore come to think of it.

So you're suggesting a retcon/soft reboot then? It'd probably be the simplest way to reintroduce a more familiar and likeable Superboy to Post Flashpoint DC. I'm hardly a creative person but even I'd say I could come up with better ideas and plans to reintroduce Superboy to the Post Flashpoint DCU.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Squalleon

@lvenger said:

So you're suggesting a retcon/soft reboot then? It'd probably be the simplest way to reintroduce a more familiar and likeable Superboy to Post Flashpoint DC. I'm hardly a creative person but even I'd say I could come up with better ideas and plans to reintroduce Superboy to the Post Flashpoint DCU.

Considering DC's current game plan, I don't think a soft reboot would hurt anyone, hell even the fans wouldn't mind considering the awfulness that is New 52 Superboy. Will we just act like nothing ever happened :P

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Considering DC's current game plan, I don't think a soft reboot would hurt anyone, hell even the fans wouldn't mind considering the awfulness that is New 52 Superboy. Will we just act like nothing ever happened :P

Yeah I can't see many Superboy fans getting upset about New 52 Superboy's history being erased and replaced by a soft reboot of his origins. It's not like there was a great deal of enjoyment or recognition for Superboy up until his series got cancelled, and for good reason. It'd be a courtesy to reboot Superboy's existence into something more appealing for the fans but who knows when that's going to happen? And until then, we're stuck with the god awful nonsense of New 52 Superboy.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard said:
@allstarsuperman said:

In Justice League International Annual #1, time-traveling superhero Booster Gold is visited by an older version of himself, who warns him that he needs to stop Wonder Woman and Superman from getting together. Both Booster Golds watch with horror on the monitors as Wonder Woman and Superman’s kiss seemingly writes them out of existence like a pair of unsuccessful Marty McFlys.

That has been retconned in Convergence Booster Gold. When DC saw that Sm/Ww sell, they stopped having any intention on breaking them up and changed Johns' plans. Didio confirmed it recently in a Convergence interview.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: I said that over a year ago. I've read booster golds stuff since then

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: I said that over a year ago. I've read booster golds stuff since then

Didn't check the date. Oh well better said than not.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Possible origin changes for superboy

- he is the clone of pre Flashpoint superman and lois from Convergence

- he is a result of lex cloning Superman and using lois as the mother (Ala all star superman)

-future lex while being asked to help save jon actually clones him.then have Harvest (terrible character) steal him and bring him back here

-present day lex creates a clone from the dna he took from kal years ago(after he hit him with the train),and lois who was stuck with Lex when metropolis was under attack

Those are if you want to keep the same parent set up,there are many more that are for a different dna origin set up.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i just found out that wonder womans and supermans stupid ass relationship retconned booster gold out of existence :(

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus said:

i just found out that wonder womans and supermans stupid ass relationship retconned booster gold out of existence :(

That later was retconned too and Sm/Ww had nothing to do with it.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: great to hear im just glad knowing booster gold is out there somewhere