Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Well, it works with the direction they've been taking the character.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By JLDoom

Is Guy sporting a mustache in that cover?

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By PeppeyHare

wat

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

What's with this flip book thing? I can't see the point.

"And you’ll want to keep reading RED LANTERNS next month to see what happens to their newest member: SUPERGIRL!"

Is this particularly likely to charm Green Lantern readers?

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jwalser3
Dm225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Dm225

I'm not a fan of the flip cover thing but at least they aren't forcing us to pay for both issues.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By waezi2

@v_scarlotte_rose: Well, it was a thing during the 90's, and lets face it: n52 is the 90's all over again.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@waezi2: Oh, I meant the combination of these two as a flip book.

Though I don't really see much point in a flip book anyway, apart from maybe just having two covers on it.

StrangeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guess Guy really digs Movember.

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I seriously doubt it will be for more than a few issues. I mean what can beat a Kryptonian under a yellow sun with a Red Ring on?

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

So DC took the only non-Bat-related character I had an interest in and put her in the book I'm least likely to buy? Nice.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@timelord said:

I seriously doubt it will be for more than a few issues. I mean what can beat a Kryptonian under a yellow sun with a Red Ring on?

Um....THe other Kryptonian with a Blue Lanteren ring?

Then to stop him we get the Crazy Bat Guy and give him a green lanteren Ring.

To Stop him we get a crazy clown with a yellow ring

To stop him we get an angry rich bald man and give him an orange ring...

Okay I give up...

I'll read it though I like Red Lanterns and its a cool twist

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Hmmm...idk how I feel. It won't be permanent. She would be really powerful!

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kara just keeps bouncing around titles doesn't she. First it was Suicide Squad, now this. If this keeps up she'll be in more titles a month than Wolverine.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kidchipotle

If dad were a fan of comic books he would call this "jumping the shark."

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I alaways thought...that...Jason todd...would be the first outside lantern universe character to become...a....damn...

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jwalser3

@lifeofvibe: Why would he,also weekday color would he be?

TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

Kara just keeps bouncing around titles doesn't she. First it was Suicide Squad, now this. If this keeps up she'll be in more titles a month than Wolverine.

?

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Joygirl
Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hmm interesting, i LIKE IT. Yeah i said it.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I really do not get Venditti's vision for the Green Lantern universe it seems very random with lots of gimmicks......Then again maybe that could be said about any comic.

As for Supergirl she looks kind of silly and it will last one storyline its just another cross over for people to buy but that is nothing new for any GL book.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jwalser3

@joygirl: that bad? Why exactly? I think it makes sense but I'm not sure it'll be too long,I'll be shocked if it'll last longer then a year.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3: The more irrelevant characters they stuff into the title the less focus the supposed stars get. Rankorr and Guy Gardner already ruined the title. I don't see why Kara won't do her part to keep ruining it.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Even though Van Jensen, Venditti and Jordan have kept the Green Lantern universe quite fresh, I have to say WTF over this new direction. I know this Kara has been angrier in the New 52 but do they really need to take it to the extreme by making her a Red Lantern? Is there any point to turning Kara into a Red Lantern for a pointlessly brief period? And that makes 4 members of the Red Lantern Corps coming from Sector 2814. Dex-Starr, Rankor and Guy all come from the same sector and the same planet really. It just clutters things up and limits the diversity of the Corps.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

@jwalser3: The more irrelevant characters they stuff into the title the less focus the supposed stars get. Rankorr and Guy Gardner already ruined the title. I don't see why Kara won't do her part to keep ruining it.

How did Rankorr ruin it? Guy I can understand, but he's showing promise.

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are people so negative when new stuff gets announced anyway? I'd wait until the story gets published before judging it, just saying.

@akbogert said:

So DC took the only non-Bat-related character I had an interest in and put her in the book I'm least likely to buy? Nice.

Why? I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure this wont affect her title, the same way we didn't see Wonder Woman as a Star Sapphire in her comics during Blackest Night.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

@jldoom: My assumption stems from the fact that at NYCC Scott Lobdell announced that soon Supergirl "will be leaving the Superman family forever for another whole set of books in the DC Universe."

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Joygirl

@jwalser3: Rankorr is a textbook Mary Sue. As soon as he appeared he stole all the attention and spotlight from Atros, Bleez, Dex-Starr, Skallox, Ratchet, and Zilius Zox -- not to mention other potential characters such as Laira and Veon -- who all deserved page-time more than him. On top of that he's a terrible and boring character and it's because of his need to be the only person with constructs that RL constructs all got retconned.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akbogert said:

@jldoom: My assumption stems from the fact that at NYCC Scott Lobdell announced that soon Supergirl "will be leaving the Superman family forever for another whole set of books in the DC Universe."

Now that quote makes sense in this context! Damn Lobdell making this lame prediction -_-

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well this should be interesting.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akbogert said:

Oh really? I hadn't heard that. You do have a point then but you gotta admit, moving from the Superman family to the Lantern one does sound a little random.

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@timelord said:

Okay I give up...

Yea I couldn't be happier it means I have my favourite character in my favourite book. And Hopefully it means I get a double does of both Supergirl and Red Lanterns each month so that's awesome.

TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@timelord said:

@thecheesestabber said:

@timelord said:

Okay I give up...

Yea I couldn't be happier it means I have my favourite character in my favourite book. And Hopefully it means I get a double does of both Supergirl and Red Lanterns each month so that's awesome.

Now we need Red Lantern SG vs He'L O.O

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I alaways thought...that...Jason todd...would be the first outside lantern universe character to become...a....damn...

Mera was the first then Lobo technically

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@joygirl said:

@jwalser3: Rankorr is a textbook Mary Sue. As soon as he appeared he stole all the attention and spotlight from Atros, Bleez, Dex-Starr, Skallox, Ratchet, and Zilius Zox -- not to mention other potential characters such as Laira and Veon -- who all deserved page-time more than him. On top of that he's a terrible and boring character and it's because of his need to be the only person with constructs that RL constructs all got retconned.

Dex-Starr has his constructs back apparently. and i thought you hated Zox?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: I dislike Zox as much as I dislike any other character, but he's a Red Lantern and he deserves to be a part of the title. Rankorr didn't earn his place, he was stuffed into it, and became the star. Now Guy up and decided to go red and now he's the star.

And yeah, Dex has constructs for absolutely no reason because the writer was so lazy he figured nobody'd notice.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously it's starting to seem like some of you haven't read Fury of Joy and I know damn well ya did.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

Seriously it's starting to seem like some of you haven't read Fury of Joy and I know damn well ya did.

*whistles innocently*

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Back at the NYCC, it was hinted that Supergirl was going to leave the Super-titles. At the time I wasn't sure what that meant but I hoped that she would headline a new and nearly defunct Young Justice line of books. And Scott Lobdell hinted that Charles Soule might be involved which I assumed meant that Supergirl might also appear in Superman/Wonder Woman. Because that made sense.

And Tony Bedard was taking over the Supergirl book and talked of making her likable again and all that made me optimistic that maybe ... just maybe ... DC finally understood the character and was moving her away from the darkness which had mired down her New 52 incarnation. I was actually feeling optimistic.

And then this hit the internet yesterday:

http://www.newsarama.com/19526-guess-who-s-a-new-red-lantern-as-title-smashes-with-green-lantern-for-february-flipbook.html

GREEN LANTERN/RED LANTERNS #28

Written by ROBERT VENDITTI and CHARLES SOULE

Art by BILLY TAN and ALESSANDRO VITTI

GREEN LANTERN Cover by BILLY TAN

RED LANTERNS Cover by STEPHEN SEGOVIA

With dozens of sectors in open rebellion against the Green Lantern Corps, Hal Jordan is faced with a crisis in the sector most important to him: 2814, home of Earth…as well as Ysmault, home of the Red Lanterns. Hal made a dangerous bargain with Guy Gardner, and now it’s time to pay up! Plus: Guy and the Red Lanterns take over policing Sector 2814! And you’ll want to keep reading RED LANTERNS next month to see what happens to their newest member: SUPERGIRL!

That's right. Supergirl is becoming a Red Lantern. She is becoming a warrior of rage.

Supergirl.

As a Red Lantern.

I don't know what to say anymore.

It is as if DC Comics has no understanding of their characters anymore.

It is as if DC Comics has no understanding of their readers anymore.

Because it is clear that DC thinks that Supergirl can only exist as an angry isolated young woman. And when things don't seem to be selling well enough, they think the solution is to make her darker.

The original pitch was Michael Green and Mike Johnson's 'hell on wheels', someone who would 'fight her friends as much as her enemies', a disaffected, alone young woman ... so don't piss her off.

Then Scott Lobdell had her fall in love with a villain, be hysterical, gullible, and immature, almost turning her back on her family, willing to sacrifice Earth for her own needs.

The Michael Alan Nelson came on board, to the glee of the laughing Bobbi Chase who cooed about how dark the book was going to get. Nelson made her abandon Earth, turned her father into a villain, and then literally killed her while she cried for mercy.

And now ... why not ... let's have her literally vomit up her heart and embrace rage.

Is there no joy ... no light ... no hope in the DCU? Does everything need to be dark and edgy?

Of course, this comes on the week Marvel announces a new title where a young muslim woman is so inspired by Captain Marvel that she decides to become a hero herself ... Ms. Marvel. A young woman deciding to become a hero. Meanwhile DC announces that their most recognizable young woman hero, someone who should be inspired by her cousin to be a hero, becomes a Red Lantern.

Throughout her 50+ years of being around Supergirl has always been a character striving do what was right. She saw the best in people. She saw the best in the world. She never gave up. She might fail but she learned and she tried even harder. She was filled with passion but always directed at achieving her goal of doing good.

We have seen DC try to make her darker. From Matrix being a dupe of Brainiac and Lex to Jeph Loeb and Joe Kelly's horrific brat in the last incarnation, people have wanted to sully Kara's character. But each of these takes have ultimately failed. Supergirl fans don't want to see her dark. And fans of dark characters don't want to read Supergirl. That's why these takes always fail ... ALWAYS.

That's why Peter David's tale of redemption and Sterling Gates' story of a maturing hero and even Landry Walker's story of a shy Supergirl blossoming into a hero have all been lauded. Because they understood Supergirl and wrote stories for who she is.

I have tried to be patient with the nonsense of the new 52, the never-ending grimness, the aloof Superman, the killing heroes, the bickering Justice League, the 'evil is relative' tagline, the obvious missteps with Supergirl. I have tried.

Maybe this is a short lived thing. Maybe this is her story of redemption as she slowly rejects the rage. But I can't be sure any more. Because DC has just made one misstep after another. I don't think they are thinking that far in advance. And regardless, this announcement ... it didn't make me angry. It depressed me.

I am sure that is what DC was going for with this announcement a feeling of inevitablity and depression.

As for me, you know what I think.

Kara would be an Indigo, a force of compassion.

Because in no universe does it make any sense for Kara Zor-El to be a Red Lantern.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

So let me see if I got this right. You liked the Red Lanterns when they first showed up including Bleez but hated what they've become with their own series, poor writing and new characters taking the spotlight away from the originals right? Is that an accurate summary of your views or am I missing something?

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Back at the NYCC, it was hinted that Supergirl was going to leave the Super-titles. At the time I wasn't sure what that meant but I hoped that she would headline a new and nearly defunct Young Justice line of books. And Scott Lobdell hinted that Charles Soule might be involved which I assumed meant that Supergirl might also appear in Superman/Wonder Woman. Because that made sense.

And Tony Bedard was taking over the Supergirl book and talked of making her likable again and all that made me optimistic that maybe ... just maybe ... DC finally understood the character and was moving her away from the darkness which had mired down her New 52 incarnation. I was actually feeling optimistic.

And then this hit the internet yesterday:

http://www.newsarama.com/19526-guess-who-s-a-new-red-lantern-as-title-smashes-with-green-lantern-for-february-flipbook.html

GREEN LANTERN/RED LANTERNS #28

Written by ROBERT VENDITTI and CHARLES SOULE

Art by BILLY TAN and ALESSANDRO VITTI

GREEN LANTERN Cover by BILLY TAN

RED LANTERNS Cover by STEPHEN SEGOVIA

With dozens of sectors in open rebellion against the Green Lantern Corps, Hal Jordan is faced with a crisis in the sector most important to him: 2814, home of Earth…as well as Ysmault, home of the Red Lanterns. Hal made a dangerous bargain with Guy Gardner, and now it’s time to pay up! Plus: Guy and the Red Lanterns take over policing Sector 2814! And you’ll want to keep reading RED LANTERNS next month to see what happens to their newest member: SUPERGIRL!

That's right. Supergirl is becoming a Red Lantern. She is becoming a warrior of rage.

Supergirl.

As a Red Lantern.

I don't know what to say anymore.

It is as if DC Comics has no understanding of their characters anymore.

It is as if DC Comics has no understanding of their readers anymore.

Because it is clear that DC thinks that Supergirl can only exist as an angry isolated young woman. And when things don't seem to be selling well enough, they think the solution is to make her darker.

The original pitch was Michael Green and Mike Johnson's 'hell on wheels', someone who would 'fight her friends as much as her enemies', a disaffected, alone young woman ... so don't piss her off.

Then Scott Lobdell had her fall in love with a villain, be hysterical, gullible, and immature, almost turning her back on her family, willing to sacrifice Earth for her own needs.

The Michael Alan Nelson came on board, to the glee of the laughing Bobbi Chase who cooed about how dark the book was going to get. Nelson made her abandon Earth, turned her father into a villain, and then literally killed her while she cried for mercy.

And now ... why not ... let's have her literally vomit up her heart and embrace rage.

Is there no joy ... no light ... no hope in the DCU? Does everything need to be dark and edgy?

Of course, this comes on the week Marvel announces a new title where a young muslim woman is so inspired by Captain Marvel that she decides to become a hero herself ... Ms. Marvel. A young woman deciding to become a hero. Meanwhile DC announces that their most recognizable young woman hero, someone who should be inspired by her cousin to be a hero, becomes a Red Lantern.

Throughout her 50+ years of being around Supergirl has always been a character striving do what was right. She saw the best in people. She saw the best in the world. She never gave up. She might fail but she learned and she tried even harder. She was filled with passion but always directed at achieving her goal of doing good.

We have seen DC try to make her darker. From Matrix being a dupe of Brainiac and Lex to Jeph Loeb and Joe Kelly's horrific brat in the last incarnation, people have wanted to sully Kara's character. But each of these takes have ultimately failed. Supergirl fans don't want to see her dark. And fans of dark characters don't want to read Supergirl. That's why these takes always fail ... ALWAYS.

That's why Peter David's tale of redemption and Sterling Gates' story of a maturing hero and even Landry Walker's story of a shy Supergirl blossoming into a hero have all been lauded. Because they understood Supergirl and wrote stories for who she is.

I have tried to be patient with the nonsense of the new 52, the never-ending grimness, the aloof Superman, the killing heroes, the bickering Justice League, the 'evil is relative' tagline, the obvious missteps with Supergirl. I have tried.

Maybe this is a short lived thing. Maybe this is her story of redemption as she slowly rejects the rage. But I can't be sure any more. Because DC has just made one misstep after another. I don't think they are thinking that far in advance. And regardless, this announcement ... it didn't make me angry. It depressed me.

I am sure that is what DC was going for with this announcement a feeling of inevitablity and depression.

As for me, you know what I think.

Kara would be an Indigo, a force of compassion.

Because in no universe does it make any sense for Kara Zor-El to be a Red Lantern.

I think blue might be appropriate seeing as how Indigo tribesman were all selected because they were compassion-less maniacs and criminals.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Basically. I liked the beginning of their solo too. But yeah the crappy writing, crappy characters, stupid retcons, Mary Sues, and other idiotic drivel reminiscent of a fan-fic writer confident that nobody will ever read his work has driven me to the brink of mania.