Your Young Storm Casting (AOA 2016 movie) (YAYA DACOSTA?)

kaelsurtour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Your Young Storm Casting (AOA 2016 movie) (YAYA DACOSTA?) (22 votes)

ABSOLUTE YES 23%
WHY NOT 36%
I HAVE SOMEBODY ELSE IN MIND 23%
NOOO 9%

THE QUESTION OF THE POLL IS:

DO YOU THINK YAYA DACOSTA WOULD BE A GOOD STORM?

Source

SOOO... A new storm is rising,and AOA storm is quite badass ahahah. Director Bryan singer will pick a new Storm for the next x-men movie (X-men: age of apocalypse) A YOUNGER STORM. Can't wait to know who will be the new incarnation on the weather godess.

I go for YAYA DACOSTA. She is beautiful, wonderful bone structure, she got the eyes (shape), wonderful body and quite tall (173cm) would make a good young Storm.

What do you think, and who would you like to play the next Storm?

What do you think, and who would you like to play the next Storm?

• 
kaelsurtour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By kaelsurtour

sorry for the sources of the info, 'had a problem with the links and I can't edit my post :/

Scifinow

yaya at 0:54

Loading Video...

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

She looks fine but I need to make a research and see if I can find somebody else.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Yaya is very beautiful but I don't know if she has the acting capability to portray Storm. I'm open to it of course. Sometimes we get surprised by how talented actors can be if given a chance (i.e. - Chris Evans as Capt. America).

Origins often get changed in the movie-verse but Storm's, over all, was very traumatic so whoever plays her needs to be a strong dramatic actress, but at the same time show Storm's strength of character, nobility, and courage. Even her arrogant side.

kaelsurtour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: have you watched the video of the interview I posted? I see what you describe in there...

I think we like the same Storm, Yaya was very good in the butler, that's when I definately wanted to see her as a young storm.

Playing one of the sirens in tron was cool, just on line, but look at the way her face moves when she delivers it, from the neck to the eyebrows, it was perfect I love it ^^

I think she is too "smooth" and sweet to play an adult Storm but perfect for a younger version.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about Tessa Thompson?

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaelsurtour: yes, I watched both videos. I'm still not sure she fits the bill really. I haven't seen The Butler yet so that could be more convincing for me.

It's almost like I want an actress who can handle an action scene like Zoe Saldana but the regal presence of a Vanessa Williams or Angela Basset, but in a much younger package.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaelsurtour: yes, I watched both videos. I'm still not sure she fits the bill really. I haven't seen The Butler yet so that could be more convincing for me.

It's almost like I want an actress who can handle an action scene like Zoe Saldana but the regal presence of a Vanessa Williams or Angela Basset, but in a much younger package.

I'd actually like to know how young are we referring to?

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: I think it would have to be mid teens to early 20's (20-22 range at the most). For X-Men 1 they were already teaching and were a team for some years, and were all pretty young.

kaelsurtour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kaelsurtour

@jhazzroucher to me it would be biiig no for Tessa Thompson, she simply looks nothing like storm to me.

90's Vanessa williams would be the perfect Storm (young or not) ^^

90's angela bassett would be a great adult Storm

Now that you mentioned Zoe saldana... huuum I like that, she got that youthful look that would fit the role.

I go for Yaya and Zoe now, I just need to check every point now ^^ (from an ethnicity point of you, it's obvious that she is not from kenyan descent tho, too obvious to me that she's not eastern african at least.) Yaya fit better here, but for the rest I need to think ^^

that's interesting because I would never have picked Yaya or Zoe for for the actual Storm, but they'd be perfect for a young Storm.

No Caption Provided

90's Katoucha to me was the ultimate Storm (she's deceased) her voice was sooo deep, and the way she talked... ^^

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jhazzroucher

@jhazzroucher: I think it would have to be mid teens to early 20's (20-22 range at the most). For X-Men 1 they were already teaching and were a team for some years, and were all pretty young.

I see. Is it ok to say I want a black actress with fine gazongas?

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I thought Yaya could do it last year... then I watched her act on Ugly Betty and she is.... not really that good. But that Siren scene in Tron was AWESOME!

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jhazzroucher

I thought Yaya could do it last year... then I watched her act on Ugly Betty and she is.... not really that good. But that Siren scene in Tron was AWESOME!

I see.

xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WOAHHHH i did not know this...... any clue on which X-men characters are gonna star in the new movie...

she looks good though

wtk1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: im not sure if tessa would be the right fit for her.i need to do a lot of researching.Only the best for Storm!!

wtk1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By wtk1013
No Caption Provided

If they are going for a young Storm maybe about early 20's what about Keke Palmer(20),she sort of reminds me of a young Angela Bassett.

MoonStar757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By MoonStar757

Oh wow I hadn't heard that Bryan Singer wanted a younger Storm for RoA, but i'm sooo friggin' happy he does!

No Caption Provided

I think Denise Vasi could potentially do a young Storm justice; she's a model (signed with Ford at age 12) so she definitely has the beauty chops to portray Storm (especially with her blue-green eyes) and as an actress she has appeared in "Magic Mike" and "What's Your Number", as well as the lead in Queen Latifah's VH1 series "Single Ladies". Denise could also take on the action and wirework required to fully portray Storm since she's a natural athlete and quite tall.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

kaelsurtour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moonstorm: oh puuuhlease!!! she's very very beautiful and exotic but doesn't look african (north/east/south/west) maybe one of her great x great great² grandparent was, but I really hope they will finally showcase someone with a bit of africa in her features if not in her skin color...
Really pretty but doesn'y look like Storm (or Storm after a very very good HOLLYWEIRD WHITE WASHING!)

MoonStar757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaelsurtour: LOL i could actually feel u rolling ur eyes at my post! haha!

But yeah, I see what u are saying, but I really think the next incarnation of Storm on celluloid should definitely have her beautiful blue eyes to go with that white hair. I mean even tho the films haven't touched on their significance, those eyes are part of makes Storm, Storm, u know? She was perceived to be a goddess by the surrounding African villages, and one can see why (physically) with her uncharacteristic features (obviously her powers too lol). You'll be hard-pressed to find a black actor with blue/green eyes but dark skin (most are light-skinned like Vanessa Williams, Michael Ealy, Jesse Williams etc)

But i do get ur point, thats why I said in earlier thread that I think Lupita Nyong'o would be a great choice for Storm in future films.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jhazzroucher

Storm is just too perfect that's why it's difficult to find an actress to play her. : (

MoonStar757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

..blue eyes? are we FINALLY going to have blue eyes?